League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Firk yi

2. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Oh, I hate Yi, which is why I play him sometimes.

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Dag failed to mention that Naut is the slowest dude ever at doing anything.

If you're not comfortable with the junglings I'd stay away.

But you can always rock support Naut, that's a thing right?

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It is, not a bad thing either

5. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Just stun Yi.

6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

headhunter cait is my bb

7. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Question: How do you know if its skill, or just that the other team is bad and feeds?

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If you're not bad, you can tell.

9. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Okay, thanks.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

11. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I mained Nautilus jungle for almost 6 months now. What i've learned so far.

Contras:
    > Hell as s**t to clear jungle.
    > Very low damage whitout your shield.
    > Can't carry a game by himself. Not a smart choice for soloQ, as you'll depend on your teamates to win the match for you.

Pros:
    > Amazing CC
    > Good ganks if your laner is smart
    > Peeling / engaging potential.

Advices:
    Always gank the lane with most damage potential, as you rely mostly on your laner to deal all the damage.
    Nautilus scales better with levels than with items. Don't lose much timewaiting on a bush for a gank. Is better to just keep farming and come back later.
    As a CC beast, you'll have to decide what is most important for your team: protecting your carries, CCing enemies carries, or be the engager. Define your role, and buy items according to it.
    Practice landing Q a lot. The model is wider and longer than the real hit box, so you'll find yourself missing a lot until you learn to not trust your eyes.
    When you achieve a good CDR and mana regen (usually because you got blue), use your anchor to move across the map faster.

12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

This is where it usually falls apart.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i kinda went for the cliff notes

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

My thoughts exactly.

15. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I think league is actually a psychological monitoring program that just endlessly trolls the living fk out of you. Like someone lost a bet and was like, Yo, I bet I can make a program that pisses people off endlessly and exposes the worst parts of humanity, and make people pay me for it"

And League of Legends.

That is how that game treated me during July, I literally had 2 wins, and something like 20-30 losses because of shtcoveredgarbage team mates that some could throw before the game started.

So I have taken to trolling blind pick with friends and rocking AP mages in the bot lane. Pretty fun game.

BurnPyro likes this.
  16. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Draven: This is not one you will master in a day. After you spin your axe, depending on where you are moving after the spinning axe auto attack lands will be where the axe will be heading towards. This means that you have to click to move up, click to auto, click to move where you want the axe to go, and then click to the spot where the axe will actually be. The main strength of Draven is that as long as his axe keeps on spinning, you will win almost any trade. The danger is that if you stop spinning your axes, your DPS drops significantly and if you are good about axe micromanagement, you will put yourself in bad positions where you can have terrible trades where the support at the ADC Carry can attack you. Spend 10 or 20 games in a custom 1v0 to practice controlling your axes.

Vayne: Her main strength lies in the fact that she has a really short auto attack range. This makes her extremely weak in laning phase and while you should trade back, you want to do your absolute best to just survive in the laning phase. Once you hit six, you gain an immense amount of power and can then start to duel almost anyone that doesn't carry a pink ward.

Both of the above are very high skill level in terms of mechanics. This means more than last hitting and positioning, but also understanding the idea of zones of control, trading, as well as their own quirks of positioning.

There are some good videos that might be able to help you such as the following

As always, if you want laning practice, I'd be happy to give some.

Yasuo: I cannot comment on this, I have not played this champion.

Nautilus: I cannot comment on this, however, from streamers, he is a huge CC bot, but carries very low damage. This means in short that you are very reliant on your team to be able to follow up and deal damage. There are some videos of Saintvicious with this champion which if you would like to find them.

Veigar: Don't trade with your Q, farm with your Q. Lead your combo up with a DFG, learn to hit your stun, then you will be able to W, E, DFG, Q, R to instantly burst them down. The main person here is to watch DaBox, who is a challenger/Diamond 1 Viegar Main.

You can watch him at the following twitch stream, feel free to watch his videos

http://www.twitch.tv/dabox6

Irelia: I cannot comment on this champion, I have not played her.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Do you want to learn to play them or play against them?

Because that's a lot of champs dudd

18. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

I just bought Vel'Koz and he does amazing dmg in 3on3. On 5on5 i fail with him. Anyone got an advice to play him on 5on5? Which lane should he go? Always middle?

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Mid, unless you wanna play an off the wall support.

He's good and has a load of damage, the only issue is that Xerath is basically better at what Velkoz does. Long range poke, but more reliable cc and spells. Better waveclear too.

In teamfights, just focus on getting the q w down in the middle of the bunch, try to e either a carry or someone putting your carries in danger and then just let loose the ult. Lane phase is pretty strong as you can bully most non top picks, other are skill matchups.

20. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

sounds pretty cool. he reminds me of the robots in terminator. :D

And his dmg with his ult and the w is just insane. In 3x3 i max his W first, after that i max E.

What would u max firsT?