Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Keep playing and figure it out.

And no.

2. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Well at least you understand why it is irritating. Overwhelming cleanses/heals make my bu**hole shiver.

3. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

You can't deny that ISisOP

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

buff IS plz

5. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

FSisOP. I can prove it. IS is not OP. I can prove that too. I'll play IS and you play FS. I guarantee anyone would think that FS is OP and IS is not OP.

6. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Hey Markoth, can we get Paragon of Ailur added to your desk, please? We can worry about the other Leoss later, if needed. He is and has been useless forever. Make him the glue.

I like the idea of turning him into a range support/heal champion. He had Heal Mass 3 prior to revamp. I like maybe 4-5 range, maybe lower his damage a little to lower his cost as well as Merciful to base, similar to the Leoss Monk or Angel of Mercy. If the range adds too much to his cost, then scratch that.

I like one of his upgrade paths to be healing, such as Heal Mass (3), Heal Champion (3), Divine Favor (3). We can brainstorm his second upgrade path, maybe something like Cleanse, Aid Defense, Train: Nohkan Do to keep with the current Train line along with a popular Monk ability.

For those of you smart people that understand the cost calculator, what would be his cost for these changes? Are you able to determine different costs with and without being a range champion? Then Merciful to base and the upgrade paths mentioned above.

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

In-theme Divine Favor because good out of theme staples such as Priest of Valdac and Crystal Phoenix just won't do? If devoting even a single slot to an out of theme Divine Favor is that big a deal, then perhaps Leoss and themes in general are in much bigger trouble than I thought.

8. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

the leoss has a racial that punishes out of theme champ use. an in theme source would not cause the tempo hit and positioning setback that an out of theme champ would. that being said since magnate has access to DF 2 and the plethora of healing spells available I don't see that giving paragon DF as vital. however reworking magnate (to have reorganized ability tree) and paragon to have theme enabling utility would go a very long way to putting leoss in a viable state.

9. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Can we get IS Paladin to 6 speed please? Such a unique rune but the 5 speed holds him back too much.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Have you tested Noble Sac? I havent. I was going to use him but then I saw that you couldnt have heal and cleanse and he never made it out of the shoebox.

11. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah Ive been running him, Ive been playing a primarily Paldin buiild, Phalanx style and stacking Command Dodge and Block from Sarge and COmmander, throw loyalty on that and its making stuff unkillable. It is bound by race though so you cant use it on Angels etc. Its worthy of an include.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Will you guys run Sarge when he is costed correctly?

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

1x same as now

14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Would you run sarge with a 13 nora increase if IS font bonus were something else than +1 AP?

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The two have nothing to do with each other.

16. GabrielQ

One thing is a 5 speed champion with current bonus and another is without it. That was a honest question.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah my BGs wont change other than nora miner/mines going in since with an average speed of 5.7 ill be consistently down fonts.

18. sassquatch

If the font bonus changes the majority of 5 speed champs should be considered for a speed bump and if the sarg doesnt get the 6 speed then he doesn't warrant a 13 Nora cost hike. 4 to 6 Nora increase maybe but not any more than that.

19. GabrielQ

13 nora cost hike wold be the appropiate scaling for rallying cries (currently is 5/10/2), not some number I made up, I personally don't think that radius based abilities should scalat that way but it's a safe thing to say that.

20. sassquatch

Seeing as how rank 3 is the only version of the ability in the game the ranks can be removed and have the ability more decently costed at 7 to 10 Nora but not 15. Drive is only 5 and does more and can reasonably affect the same number of champs per turn while adding damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.