Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Paladin Commander has Rallying Cries 1 as an upgrade choice.

2. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Dang it Axe! Don't go providing counter arguments backed with facts against my raging fanaticism!

I still think ranks are unnecessary for this ability. Who would really choose rank 1 of this? Rank 2 maybe but srsly.... stupid devs giving our ability away to SL and SP!

The sarg wouldn't suffer any from losing about 2 dam to keep his cost down tho.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

He's way too cheap. Maybe if we lost out font bonus he could get +1 speed when he gets his priced fixed.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

With Calisk trying to remove ready from Arctic, what do you guys think our font bonus should become if we were to get rid of the +1 ap?

5. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Give ready for thre turns

6. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Font bonus should be changed when faction bonus is useful 100% of games.

Till that happens, everyone should shut the heck up and deal with it.

If I actually had to decide, it would be that IS units receive tough 2 when deployed.

So if our units can't attack the round we finally get into the font, at least we could contest it and survive till our slow forces make it into combat.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What runes do you guys want to see nerfed/buffed in IS?

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- axeman nerfed: remove paladin
    - archangel buffed: abuse charged removed. Supercharged added.

Sirius likes this.
  9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Some changes I would like to see:

Talgar loses Paladin
    Northern Cross Cardinal gets 6 speed and maybe a switch of abilities.
    Fist of Bastion obvi nerf
    Bastion some sort of tone down

Sirius likes this.
  10. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Buff Paragon of Ailur
    Ivory Wing: Heal Champion 3 to base, Ranks of Divine Favor to Upgrade Path 1. Anything to push him to start in wings over PoV. Maybe change Ivory Sigil. Suggestions?
    Sentinal of Ailur: Soul to base. Secure Fonts to Upgrade path 2.
    Zedin: Bring back Secure Fonts.

11. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

There isn't any reason to make talgar not paladin. It only pulls him out of a theme for no reason. If he needs a tone down then look at his kit and not his theme.

Bastion could go solo class warrior since he was intended as more of a barb hero and doesn't need to dual theme

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

One main problem I see with Talgar is seen with other heroes. His equip gives so much power for 5 nora.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

He'll be marginalized again when hero ability is adjusted.

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

What is the problem with fist of bastion? I see problem only in ride down...

15. Thbigchief

- Just fix ride down from being a teleport... dont over nerf it cuz its hard to code "properly". It is one of IS way of dealing with resistances etc

16. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

That should definitely happen.
    Sometimes resistances are a unit's entire design, it's good that this serves as a counter -- those are usually positive, but the way its hp check is static instead of a percentile like comparable effects always bothered me. If AA got down to 20 hp and was granted immunity magic via Protection, It's a god send, but in cases this outright destroys low health high resistance runes after 1 attack (e.g. many that are simply designed to be annoying oft lacking a basic attack and ~30 hp) it comes off as completely forgetting the reasons we use percentages in the first place, an unintentional consequence of poor/rushed design (I'm thinking about the rune's release time/who was at the helm; lack thereof).

Another note is that, at a cooldown of 2. This was just a ridiculously buffed version of charge. It's a powerful ability its use should reflect that, as should its cooldown. The opportune moments this comes in handy should feel rewarding, not practically be its main method of attack--which instakill effects, ignoring a multitude of preventative effects don't really have business being, especially on so short a cooldown. I say this as someone who liked the rune's concept and owns a pair.

tl:dr:

No longer be a teleport/ignore elevation/pathing blocks
    Instead of 20 hp and down, be 30-40% hp.
    + 1 CD

Some may consider this an 'overnerf' but it's actually normalizing something overpowered; arguably the way it should've been released in the first place.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    Thbigchief likes this.
  17. Thbigchief

- This also allows the champion to continue to exist. Unfortunately a typical scenario of balancing for bastion might be 1-2 efficiency hits on the champion itself before the problem ability is finally addressed. Which leaves the champion destroyed due to stacking nerfs missing the mark. These previous nerfs are rarely reverted in these scenarios either...

18. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

This seems to be how every company does balance.

19. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

Someone may have already commented on this (I didn't read through all 17 pages). Blink bugs on Euan. Twice now I've blinked him and covered the spot, and he then redeploys a space or few away. Haven't seen it with any other champs.

20. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

You don't know? That is his super agent super secret power. It's part of the unwritten code of Poxnora. Each faction has a champion that has a secret power combination. You just have to find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.