Poxinomics- Forgable legendaries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chickenpox2, Sep 7, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I want to know what you guys predict will happen when DOG releases forgeable Legs into the rune forge

This is my take on what MIGHT happen if forgeable legs are introduced

Forgeable legs

Angels and other legs - 750- 1000 rune shards
    Korona/Magnus/ K'ento/ Snoogvie/ Coragh / Sixul/ Dugon / Shallaxy - 1000- 1250 shards

Angels price will drop by 50% 150k to 60-75k
    other legs example elven page also will drop 50%
    Lim copies will drop a little by 10-15% since people will rather buy the Legs

Korona/Magnus/ K'ento/ Snoogvie/ Coragh / Sixul/ Dugon / Shallaxy (150ks )
    To those who just joined or rejoining 150 refers to SOE buying limited rune copies of above champion for 150k gold coins

150ks legs will drop up to 50% to average of 200-250k (it will still be high because getting 1000 shard not that easy )
    Lim copies of 150k s will drop by 15-20 % because of higher demand of legs

Pros
    now forgable legs are available the problem is Limited runes will start to reduce for a while but it might cause limited to go up even more later

Cons
    Now that Legs are forgable it will devalue them and here the main problem

when new expansions come out people will only execpt lim runes for trade because legs are easy to find and have lower value now. This might drive new players and players with alot of leg runes (especially F2P player like me ) away cause they will be unable to buy any of the new runes till price drops (if they drop)

What you guys think will this happen?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I pray everything goes under a 100k and that the spread between the highest and normal value runes isn't that huge.

Sunutsu, st3ck, Etherielin and 4 others like this.
  3. chickenpox2

what about the shards do you think DOG will se shard at those prices?

4. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

• Honestly, if they want to make forging a "Thing". Shards should be obtainable by playing games not just sacrificing runes. It's all speculation, but not being able to obtain LE runes shouldn't be the deciding factor if a player stays or not.
    • If you think about it, most key runes are legendaries and they will be the most sought out runes. You can leave the LE runes to the collector types. Limited runes shouldn't be must haves if they are hard to obtain in the first place.
    • Also, you can't possibly think that the newest toys should be accessible to f2p right off the bat. You should either put some cash(support the game) in or wait your time( like most f2p players do that have a vast collection).

st3ck, Sealer0 and jeeperz2 like this.
  5. chickenpox2

i agree devern
    how about DOG gives 20 shards each game either rank or campaigns most players wont play more than 100 games a day it quite hard i tried
    they also should give shard for finish certain achievement like 5-10 for a few of them

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  6. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

This is pure conjecture/theorycrafting until we have numbers to work with. Just adding Legendaries to the Rune Forge won't fix the underlying problem with the current IN/OUT values. If DOG understands this they'll adjust the values as well and "Poxinomics" won't matter. If an online TCG/CCG is setup in a way that its economy is being treated anything like a stock market, it's a bad system.

Obtaining expansion runes has always been rather trivial with exception to Exotics. I've never had an expansion pass where I didn't have 2x of every C/U/R by the end of the first day I logged in after its release. I'm entirely okay with this situation as it rewards paying players with a nice bump in trading power for investing in the game. I am curious to see how many runes of each rarity DOG will include in future expansions as there is the potential to create new problems if handled poorly.

That said, there a number of related problems with the Marketplace that I hope are addressed when Legendaries are added to the Rune Forge. If these aren't also alleviated in some way, Pox will continue to afflict new players with a negative experience.

7. devrn

50 shards a game is probably a bit excessive. On a normal day I would play 4-5 games a day, that's 200-250 shards a day. Then there's people that play 10+ games a day, so they're getting 500+ shards daily. Your speculation on pricing for the legendaries(Angels and 150ks) was 1000 and 1250, so that said player could be grinding one of these runes everyday. You just took that sense of "I earned it" out of the equation.

8. Entrepidus

Shards shouldn't be earned from anything. Use gold to buy packs and shard what you don't need/want. That should be the only way to obtain shards outside of special events or tournament rewards (if they ever return).

st3ck likes this.
  9. chickenpox2

yup i just realised that and i realised if i played whole day on campaigns i can get like 50* 60 = 3k shard thats why i adjusted to 20 shards
    mind you this is just a limited time then after this it will go down to 5 shards a game 20 shard will be DOG promo to entise new players to get get legs and increase supply

10. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I think the problem could be solved if those shard prices were higher, you have to remember those
    Yea I agree playing should also earn you shards but those 150k legs and angels need to be higher 1250 is to low imo.

11. chickenpox2

true but we don't want to make it too difficult for new players to get
    If you use boxes you need to forge 3 for 500 shard exo
    1000- 6-7
    1500- 9-10
    but getting these runes are not that easy though so we are giving shards for limited time so players can start building deck as soon as possible
    @jeeperz2 its up to DOG how they want it and the chances of DOG implementing something like this is very low

jeeperz2 likes this.
  12. devrn

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when's the last time PoxNora had an event or tournament? Besides, are we not trying to increase accessibility to f2p? I'm not seeing a negative impact on the game if you are able to obtain an elder rune. We want longevity not a secluded option to get a portion of the game's benefits.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  13. jeeperz2

Yea that's also true I hope they at the very least consider making shards obtainable by playing games.
    Does anyone know when the steam relaunch will happen?

14. devrn

Too soon.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  15. jeeperz2

I think pox could take a month or 2 before doing it I just hope it doesn't happen in the next week...

16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- people will be so happy for 5 seconds before they then say " omg it will take me forever to forge this herpderp leg...rage DOGZ"

Karmavore, Faust and jeeperz2 like this.
  17. hsssh

hsssh The King of Potatoes

From my experience people are more upset about certain cards being obtainable for "free" but requiring absurd amount of time than by them being buyable with only premium currency for "fair" price. Obviously whats fair differs from person to person.

But if leg, for example, takes around 2 months to farm, who is going to do that? Old players who have most of the cards they need already, most new players won't save up gold for months to get a legendary that might get changed in the upcoming patch.

18. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

The problem is, Legendaries are neither of those at the moment.
    The ONLY way to get them is to open packs and hope you get the 5% chance.
    Or trading, I guess, but they tend to go pretty dearly.

I think they should all become Exotic runes. It makes them forgeable, and makes it more likely you can trade other exos 1 for one.
    This might actually decrease the chances of seeing any specific one, though, but I haven't done the math.

19. Entrepidus

It's been quite some time, but I was more referring to the automated constructed/draft tournament feature that is currently absent.

As for increasing accessibility, I wholeheartedly agree with the notion (see the links in my signature). Handing out shards for matches, however, is not the way to do it. Gold is the secondary currency (Owls being primary) everything should revolve around. Players obtain gold to spend on items in the Marketplace. If players are acquiring shards and gold, you are less likely to spend gold on packs due to your reliable shard income through matches. This shifts the purpose of gold to non-pack items which are mostly finite purchases (avatars/campaigns/BGs etc.).

I would rather gold become easier to obtain and/or Marketplace costs normalized/reduced so that players can acquire runes more quickly. Meanwhile, shards remain an exclusive currency obtained by breaking down the runes you don't need/want after purchasing packs with gold. It's a healthier system over all.

devrn likes this.
  20. chickenpox2

I wanted to make angels 1000 shards and 150k 1500 shards that way even if you got like 200 + shards a day it will take atleast 10-12 days get 150k
    promos- 10 shard per game (max 150-200) keeping a cap per day will also help if it possible to allow DOG to not allow too many copies to be made
    normal 2-4 shard + achievements give 1-2 shard each (max 300)