Infinity Wars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

It will be some time before Owl gets pox up and running the way they want it to be. In the meantime, come check out Infinity Wars. Cuz like, its awesome and stuff.

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Tried it and didnt like it.

3. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

fxd

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

What about Infinity wars do you like about it anyway Ragic?

5. Ragic

When they say f2p they really mean it. Just broke top 100 earlier today, haven't spent a dime. In game currency is grindable at a bearable rate. The nux is fairly good. No replay value but it gets you rdy for pvp well enough. The cards art is animated which is cool. I happen to like the artistic style as well. Each faction has it's own core strategy but they combIne together well. I actually dnot mind 'splits' in that game, perhaps because I'm not financially locked into just one or two in order to be competitive. It's a card flip game but there are several zones of play which affords strategic choices each turn. It can appear too heavily luck based but like poker, it can be mitigated with smart play ( not just better cards). The playerbase is large and there are many different modes of play ( merged, draft, constructed, etc). There are several different options for game speed within the ranked queue.

I don't compare it to pox though. Pox is a turn based strategy game first and foremost.

soulmilk likes this.
  6. Saber153

Saber153 New Member

I've been in it's beta for about a month or two (sorry wasn't really keeping track -w-), it isn't a bad CCG but I feel that a lot of it's features need fine tuning, a few things with the interface needed work and sadly the matches I've played just seem to go by and I have no idea what I did to win or lose. I do like the PvE modes so I have a place to practice.

7. Ragic

now that you have had a taste of Pox 3.0 and what its going to cost.... ive dabbled in hearthstone, solforge, kings and legends. Infinity wars beats them all in their f2p model, their artistic style, and fun of gameplay. ~1200 players on line at any given time, and not bs'ing in the general chat or observing games, but actually playing. Oh also, their draft feature lets you play until you lose 3 games. which means you literally can go infinite. I think it takes something like 30 wins to make the draft deck free. the highest ive heard of is 150 wins or something like that. I suck at draft and usually stick to constructed (my flamedawn is strong), but I figured I should mention draft for those so inclined.

8. Saber153

Saber153 New Member

Some cool stuff there, I guess I'll have to give the game another shot since I never dug that deep into some of the other features.

9. Ragic

If you're going to draft I think the prevailing wisdom is to take at least 1 verore commander and load up on removal spells.

10. Saber153

Saber153 New Member

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

11. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Fun game and it have a new combat system.

12. Ragic

their patching now adding a new quest system, balance patch, emo stuff like medals etc.

13. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

from all TCG games poxnora still is best. ^_^

14. Saber153

Saber153 New Member

Any of you guys remember that TCG RTS game Battleforge? Shame that it shut down not to long ago ;w;

15. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Trying to figure out the factions. Not sure which one I would roll in Infinity wars. Any tips?

16. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Battle forge was awsome game.

17. Saber153

Saber153 New Member

Shame it had to shut down ;w;

18. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

As someone who have been playing Infinity Wars since May, I highly recommend looking at Infinity Wars for what it is and not start thinking "This is just like other CCGs".
    I have seen far too many people make that mistake, believing the game is something it is not and not seeing what really makes Infinity Wars great. A lot of parts in game might not seem original and used in other games, but the way they are used is very great.

19. Ragic

the campaign games is my first suggestion. You'll want those freebie cards to get started anyway. flamedawn is pretty strong rusher in the lower ranks. and verore has a lot of nasty removal stuff. depends on your tastes really. I like playing most of the factions except warpath (too KF like for my taste). and for some reason I just cant be competitive with exiles. I don't know if its a lack of key cards or just not getting their pacing. I do best with pure flamedawn but have just about capped how far up in rank I can go with that so im starting to splash in some verore. there is a pretty cool sleepers-genesis deck that uses zomb-be-gone grenades, but I still need 3x of some key cards to really make it work.