im not paying 88 nora for dirge

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by SaintKiwi, Sep 11, 2014.

1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

CaveDirge.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Why not? almost 60 hp, 2 defense, evasive 3, 14 base damage with surge 1, pseudo range and also AoE support.

soulmilk, SPiEkY and Leadrz like this.
  3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

He's worth it, if a little bland, as far as heroes go.
    (all the SP heroes are bland.)

4. SaintKiwi

Dirge will be minotaur sentry plus 22 nora. Yeah no.

5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Realign your arrow pls. Thank you.

XFurionsX likes this.
  6. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I don't see the problem all heroes will no longer be getting a discount(you are now paying for their value). SP heroes will still be the cheapest(not including refund). Also if u don't wanna play dirge at 88 go look at the FW heroes and picture them 15 nora more expensive.

XFurionsX likes this.
  7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I too would not run dirge

8. SaintKiwi

Fight me right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
  9. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Remove Overseer: Moga and Surge Moga from base... -9 nora and he's fine. Theme specific abilities really shouldn't be base on champions, imo, and especially not on a "hero." Those units should be splashable more so than any other.

Edit: And move them to upgrades, replacing BM 2 with overseer moga 2. Not sure what to do w/ Surge: Moga (BM 1?).

RedScarlet and SaintKiwi like this.
  10. Ballballer

I like this

11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

IMO, ALL heroes should have abilities for one theme on base, or an upgrade line with only theme abilities, so you don't just put every hero into every FF BG you make (like how Grimlic is basically autoinclude if you are playing UD).
    Or they should otherwise be geared towards a specific kind of BG (like Maxxarek).

SPiEkY, RedScarlet and Entrepidus like this.
  12. Ballballer

Or they could just have certain roles instead of punishing them for being run outside a certain theme.....

13. Paper Skull

I agree with Centuros.

I don't want Dirge to be "most efficient champ so you play him", because that's really boring. Sure, we could change Surge on him, but replace it with something that makes Dirge more than a more-efficient-than-average beater.

Entrepidus likes this.
  14. Raikan

There's a difference between him being the "most" efficient and forcing players to pay nora for base abilities that are only useful within a certain theme. I could just as easily say that I don't want Dirge to be the least efficient champ so you don't play him...if we need to add sand bag abilities to a champ for him to be fairly priced, it just means that either the pricing formula needs to be adjusted or certain abilities or stats need to be reduced.

15. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I happen to agree that heroes shouldn't be supremely flexible champs capable of pitching a tent in every FF BG. Attaching heroes to various themes makes it easier to release more heroes for themes that currently lack a strong affiliation with an existing hero. Dirge is a Moga Lord and his kit should reflect this.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I don't think even 1 theme ability should be at base. It would render the new races like Snaps or Grints as inferior thematic options...FF factions should have the option to include all 3 heroes without any negatives. Although I do agree on thematic motivations on every hero.

However, Entripidus' idea is way better.... heroes should reflect their themes but before that happens, there should be an equal amount of racial heroes to boot. Otherwise, racial themes are gnn b imbalanced.

17. Raikan

I don't think that every hero should be in every FF bg. The way to accomplish that is to give each hero a well-defined role so that it doesn't make sense to include them in every bg. It isn't to give them abilities that are useless outside of a specific theme just to raise their cost.

That said, Sceian has a fairly well defined role as a warcry power turn enabler with some ancillary/theme-specific abilities (lift, barrage, and bulwark:voil) that shouldn't be mandatory if the -15 goes away. Klub and Dirge sort of overlap as high hp, hard to kill, melee beaters. They could be distinguished into different roles.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's okay, I won't run Euan or Talgar either

19. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Valdac is over 100 Nora right now with Healing Breath 2, which is too expensive for a support already...

Are heroes currently just overloaded?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  20. Paper Skull

Heroes need to be defined! Let's work on that!

Woffleet likes this.