Earth Golem wurks.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

upload_2014-8-18_1-47-24.png

THE EARTH GOLEM IS REAL BRO.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

wtf is a Gambino?

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

MAKE THEM FLY, BRO, THEY ARE REAL.

*cries*

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Use with Angel of Mercy. Range 1-2 is broken!

5. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Urf Gollum Twerks

6. Anotherblackman

Just seen Da19 using this bg. I must say... when orchestrated correctly from an observations view, the earth golem player will "seemingly" be out of control until his whole army starts to get going to support the unkillable beasts. And once control has been established, Its hard to stop the slow, yet powerful rush.

Woffleet likes this.
  7. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Nothing shadowshank can't handle.

Oh wait. That motherFirker has had immunity: physical since before the Drums of War expansion. Holy Bane Shift Earth Golem is old. He's like the Dwarven King that never made it to exo league.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

He's had it since his release. He's the original noob stomper, since so many decks back then were all physical damage. I played SP at the time, the only option for killing it was G'hern Birthmother, and she only had Surge 1 at the time, with a base damage of 3. Otherwise you just kept it engaged with a number of moga while you hoped to get to their shrine before the golem made it to yours.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I just really hate building decks that my own decks would crush. And now without dmz, you can't even protect it from spot remove.

I'd never get beaten by something that takes that much setup and support.

RD could be a problem. That would require both an HBoV and Moif, which if needed early it could allow for setup. Otherwise I'm killing it normal or blinking it.

10. Anotherblackman

you are never online to test it with such a deck.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

True. But it's p simple. I'd bet you are buffing it with blessing of almara then Silv engi, maybe a Dwarven engi, some heal support and tac man or something.

So all I have to do is counter phys and magic hate, dispel or work around RD and/or rush the font/shrine before it gets built up. Or blink.

That would be my strategy at least. Most likely I'd end up timing a blink then power turning into the support. I don't recall any of our previous matches but I don't see you as a refute user.

But the base strength of the champ is cheap phys and magic hate.

12. Anotherblackman

If its worth a blink, by all means. he is 50 nora after all. I hear 2x2 covering blink spots is like a death trap.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Whuwhut... when you put spells and equips into him it becomes worth it, or if he's the only thing that stand in your way of taking control, it becomes worth it. It's all situational. Covering 2x2 blink spots is actually easier, you should know this. A 1x1 can cover the spot from any square and you can have multiple covers on a single 2x2 blink. The loss of life only happens to one of the covers (the one on or closest to top square).

I rarely blink in a situation where I think I'm going to be covering it for more than just a few turns. Blink, charge, kill supports, game is over. If they make me play it out I'll either keep it covered or just let it reappear when I'm prepared to deal with it.

I'm not saying your deck is bad or that I can beat you with it. I'm saying that the reason I don't like these type of decks is that if I was using that kind of deck vs one of my decks, playing myself sorta, that my decks always have the necessary things to counter build-up champs (unless they are shielded) and that I always have at least 4 types of damage (mag/phys +2).

14. Anotherblackman

what about revenge, pimped out summoned grobles, Warenchanted grobles,rock eaters, crystal golems(hidden gems btw),and last but not least robodog guarding them all with him range.

You should log on sometime I can show you my latest bg, Earth Golem Really Works and Earth Golem Really REALLy Works.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Ok I'll try to log on this evening CST for an Earth Golem clinic.

16. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Whuut.. imagine with shield, unkillable! Run it in a split, whhhuuuuut!

17. Anotherblackman

with mirror shield bro...

OP right?

18. EmperorSauron

EmperorSauron I need me some PIE!

Tip: Split with FW and use a Darkmarsh blackstaff....

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Tip:that's a terrible tip.

20. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Superchamp bg, sucks.
    FW, sucks.