Sheoul Firebow

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Yourmom, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

It's 40 nora and gives the target +2 dmg and a 3-5 range attack but it costs 5 AP. I'm wondering if 5 AP is too much? What if we remove the +2 dmg and make it 4 AP? I think that may be more run-able than it's current state.

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

wouldn't mind it getting a look at, 5 ap is a bit much and UD already has good damage going for it.

3. Lux

Lux New Member

I agree, I really like the sheoul Firebow but at 40 mana and 5ap use for it, I feel like it's far costly for its purpose which is a shame.
    -From a fellow UD lover

4. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

"Mana"

>cracks me up
    I remember when i called it that.
    2 minutes in to pox for the first time years ago.

5. Lux

Lux New Member

Well, I feel a little embarrassed now, haha. Nora*
    :')).

6. Leadrz

Don't feel embarrassed it's just been a long time since i've seen that mix up.

Reminds me of when i started playing.

7. Lux

Lux New Member

I just started Poxnora a few days ago, still learning the ropes.:p

Leadrz likes this.
  8. Leadrz

Fair enough, i'm currently helping some starters if you need any help just ask

9. Lux

Lux New Member

Alright, thanks! I'll take you up on that.

10. Leadrz

@Yourmom
    Sorry to change the thread.

Back to business yes i agree no extra dam. -1ap works perfectly.

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

it is quite good since we are reducing damage can we reduce nora to 35?

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It certainly is worthy if a buff, and four ap would be consistent with other non basic range attacks like flamestrike. 35 Nora also seems fair.

I'll add it to the list of change candidates but there may be other priorities for a while.

As a side note, a firebow on maxxrek has its cooldown removed when enemies die, which means you can use it twice per turn -- if you have a way to get more ap.

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

@badgerale i guess you could do that but this requires priestess moving maxx but even with 3-6 range you will be leaving him vulnerable to attack

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  14. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

Puppet master... I've been waiting for a good use for this guy.

Also his basic attack is still there so the range of the champion remains the same. The champion gains a new ability that has a range of 3-5. I think that 40 nora is still a fair price for that. Since you can drop it on any champ for a surprise attack. I think it would be quite strong.

15. badgerale

I used to run a really fun maxx deck with puppet master and rapid assault, keep a dep and puppet master near the shrine (and a lot of Nora) and suddenly maxx shoots out and destroys anything near by. It was kinda competitive pre-revamp but maxx was really hurt by the hard cap on number of abilities. I can't pull the tricks with him that I used to and he dies as soon as you put him in harms way.

I think some improvements could be made - switching punishing aura and set ablaze to each others upgrade paths would allow the fire eater/set ablaze combo (for baneshift shenanigans as well as ghetto healing. Increasing base hit points would also help him survive without pawn.

16. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

There's a hard cap? O.O

17. badgerale

Yeah, no champ can have more than 8 starting abilities (including basic attack), it wouldn't fit in the box on the back of the card (if you know what I mean).

18. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Oh, I thought the problem was that you couldn't grant it Initiative and Equalize in-game with Rapid Assault, which was causing problems.
    He doesn't have any fewer abilities than pre-revamp, as far as I can tell.