Helm of Chaos

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Yourmom, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

What is everyone's thought on this equipment. To me it is way too pricey/risky. There is so much shatter out there that it really isn't worth running it. I feel like it should also give shielded/impenetrable but that may be too OP. Either way in it's current state I think 60 nora is over priced.

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

pretty good if you just want to take over a font easily, but prone to shatter asap, so best early game if anywhere. But as you say, the cost is too high for it to be used early game like that so...

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think there are some runes that are better off being underpowered. Constant imperviousness isn't something that I'd like to see meta viable.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Not under-powered per say but the potential of such a rune when we consider compounded effects with the right support should always be something that has a high entry price. Otherwise the only way to make this more 'viable' is to add pariah and -10 or -15 nora.

Old Protean chains was the OP version of this, on flying units anyway. I recall having quite a bit of fun on the Old Bok Enforcer with Assault, Brand, and Punishing Aura.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Yeah, underpowered was the wrong word, 'not meta' is maybe better.

It's a rune that needs the right deck for it to be useful, and i think that is how it should be.

6. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

It feels like equipment kind of has to be overpowered or useful on the turn you play it to be good, with half of the factions having a click-and-drag spell that gets rid of it.

7. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Your challenge is to anticipate that and play around it.

I haven't used Demon Shield in years. When I did though a common strategy would be to lead someone to waste their anti-equip- Most factions carry 1 anit-equip source, if that, and if it's a spell source that's even better for you since you may count on its cooldown, the point is the cost of inclusion is too high to include more than 1 in most cases. In cases where I felt like using Demon Shield I would explicitly use another- Molten Cloak personally - I almost always 1x it, since its positives are well worth it regardless, and if that was removed (Though you have to be especially conniving if you want it on a specific champion. Contingencies and preventative measures prepared if it gets removed, If I'm the one removing your equipment I would make sure you wouldn't have the unit to re-equip anything to on the same turn). This can also work well if instead you couple your positive equipment with a negative equipment on their end -- that stays useful and when they shatter it you can feel free to DS. A good pair is Demon Shield and

Such is strategy. Such is Poxnora.

Though in general I think all anti-equipment abilities: Shatter, Recycle, etc could stand to have a longer cooldown.

Anyway, another option is to simply update the rune altogether. A good starting point would be looking at bloodthirsty blade.

Maybe a parallel that required real champ sacrifices every 4 turns to stay active?

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I think it needs a rework, it is just unplayable. other wish it will just be ignored like it is.

9. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

yeah I saw it ran 2x today. I was only running one shatter. so I shattered 60 nora easily and wasted his champ because he over extended and thought that he was safe(that was his fault). so that was a good 140 nora he had wasted. In the mean time I was able to pull more champs and gain the advantage. He dropped another one but impervious isn't immune to loss of life so thanks to the Sheoul god for grazing us with a cauldron I wasted his other champ even after he got 1 hit in. So I was up 6 champs to his remaining 2. I really do think it needs rework.

10. pariah gets rid of this equipments probably best usage putting it on a lower beast of sheoul and marching it up to the enemy shrine and then shttering it so you can beat it a couple of times or yes taking a font or two