The Hermit

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by soulmilk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Rune Name The Hermit (His name have either been abandoned or forgotten.)
    Faction: Shattered Peaks
    Race: Demi-God, Class: Shaman, Size: 1v1, Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork
    : Wearing brown, old leathered clothing and equipped with a rune engraved wooden staff. His race is not one of the known races of Pox.
    Flavor-Text: There are fairy tales, told by the cyclops, of a being sleeping with the feshes, eating with the Mountain Lions and holding conversations with those of pure chaos. - The Hermit, gossiping to a Slag.
    Nora Cost: Hopefully between 80 and 95.

DAM: 12, SPD: 6, RNG: 3-5, DEF: 1, HP: 45

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical
    Evasive 2
    Hero
    Mountaineer
    Prophet of Chaos - After being in play for 20 turns, it is removed from play, then summon 1 Aspect of Chaos in a random friendly deployment zone with supercharged 3.

Upgrade Path 1
    Shroud
    Spellsurge: Slag Slop
    Spellsurge: Implant

Upgrade Path 2
    Beast Herder
    Rock Slide
    Bounce

Spellsurge: Implant and Rock Slide is his Fesh upgrades. Rock Slide creates rock terrain, which is also earth. There have been talk of making Fesh more earth based.
    Spellsurge: Slag Slop and Bounce is the Slag upgrades. Bounce makes enemy champions get knocked back in a field of Ooze.
    Meta is Shroud and either Rock Slide or Bounce, whichever you like better.
    I also added a bit of Beast support. (SP Beasts currently needs Range, Magical Damage and support for it. The Hermit fills them all.)

Other ideas.

From 1kiwi: Surge: Slag and/or Slag Storm as an upgrade. (Like Acid Bomb, except it changes the terrain to Ooze) Slags need more damage, so this fits nicely.

What role is this Rune intend to fill? Support for Fesh and Slags. Also Magic Damage, which Fesh is lacking.
    Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes? Lack of love for these 2 themes.
    How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora? Both Fesh and Slags lacks a hero champion. SP is the faction of themes and would like to see a hero to each of the themes.
    How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes? Ranged, Support, Magic Dealer are all good traits.
    What makes this Rune unique and fun to use? Pretty much everything about him is unique and fun. From his gameplay, lore and idea.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I think these should be 3 different runes. I like the ideas. I do believe cyclops chieftain is our beast support. He has boost beast and surge beast.

3. SaintKiwi

Aside from guarded slag, Slags need more damage. A slag hero would be ideal with 1-4 range, magic or acid dmg, surge: slag, tunnel ooze, ooze tap, skylancer, windaura, and ooze storm. Ooze storm could be like acidbomb except it changes the terrain to ooze. Fesh as race need a lot more work. It is impossible to play a Fesh/worm bg without splitting with fw.

soulmilk likes this.
  4. soulmilk

That is true indeed about Cyclops Chieftain. I guess Beast Herder can be changed to something else.
    And I was kind of worried he might seem a bit all over the place and that some of the ideas could be used on different runes.
    Questions like "is it good having a rune that can be used in a variety of different BGs or should there be lots of different runes filling up those spots?"

Main reason I put both Slag and Fesh is because many have been wanting a hero for both of those themes, and each faction don't get that many heroes.

5. soulmilk

I like Surge: Slag. Ooze Storms sounds awesome. I'll add your ideas to it.
    Fesh as a race can be played very well in FF SP, I have had a lot of fun playing them. (Just wish Cyclonic Fesh got good again)

SaintKiwi likes this.
  6. SaintKiwi

And hyaenids need a hero too. Slag overmind and oozeking slag are very much like heroes. Support abilities and theme enablers.

soulmilk likes this.
  7. SaintKiwi

I am going to make a ff Fesh bg when I get home. Do you run mika? I like to stay devoted to themes without using outside or meta runes.

8. SaintKiwi

Prophet of chaos would be interesting on a blind moga ontop of a mountain.

soulmilk likes this.
  9. soulmilk

Yes. I also run Voil Transporters (Slag Overmind works great too) and Hyaenid Mundunugu. It basically plays as a 1 Ability, Disable 1 Champ. You want a lot of AP gen. It's surprisingly effective.

10. SaintKiwi

Oh for goliath Fesh?

11. soulmilk

Yes, and Albino Feshes' Mind Control and Mundunugu's Metamorphosis.

12. SaintKiwi

Can you put up a link? I would like to try it.

13. soulmilk

14. soulmilk

Slaver's Whip is also awesome.

15. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I think the champ is never going to be around 20 turns, so I would remove prophet of chaos or reduce it to 10 turns and up his cost.