Pox Harbinger Special Wiki

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zero, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I lol'd.

IS and KF are solid too imo. Though it's mostly just font/faction bonus.

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

That can be a reskin, a laughing harbinger. Shoots funny bones for FW

chickenpox2 likes this.
  3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Reskin harbs and thats perfectly fine, but re-release them and im pretty certain that's going to result in the final nail in the coffin. You would think that after the past 2 re-releases and how it had such a negative feedback that you wouldn't get people asking for them to be sold once more, but I guess not..

SPiEkY and TheBulwark like this.
  4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

that is very humorous

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

To be fair not all of them remember or were there

6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

HUEHUEHEHUEHAHAHAHUEHUAHAOHHAHAHUEHEHOHA Firking HUMEROUS LIKE THE BONE HUEHUEHEHUEHAHAHAHUEHUAHAOHHAHAHUEHEHOHA

alkaline89 likes this.
  7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If I remember correctly (I may be wrong) Harbingers were created as a Limited Edition "help fund the game" rune back when the game was in its infancy. They were not that expensive when they were first sold but only X amount were sold for each faction (Except SP? I dont know why but for some reason I remember there being a lot more SP harbys and them being pretty "worthless" compared to the rest). They were sold with the promise that they would never (TM) be sold again (The original LE runes). A few years later they were sold in the single rune store (It existed at one time) to one again help fund the game. The second time they were released with the promise that only 100 of each would be sold. The single store prices worked on a demand system. The more people that bought a rune the higher the price would get (inversly if a rune hadnt been bought for a while the price went down). The harbys were re-released at $25 but by the end of the sale the last 10 or so were selling for 100-200 bucks (I got one for $28 :eek:). The third time they were "sold" was in a seasonal pack that included one random 1 LE or "Special" (Runes included with the old Target Poxnora Giftcards. They used to have a pink/salmon border but have been since made into LEG runes) along with a crap ton of tokens.

8. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

This^^ I know this thread is mostly around harbs but many key runes need to be MUCH easier to get. Make all reskins limited (which I believe they are) and never rerelease them so they become the collector items of the game and not runes actually required for play. I already gave my left testicle for a fan faire and somehow Arrowsinger is even harder to get. I cant even fathom how many testicles the KF harb would cost me.

As for harbs themselves, I see the need to keep them limited but just make them the one exception where the old version stays limited and the reskin pops up every so often for new players to grab and use. Yes this is a collectible game but its still a game at its core and we need keep access to runes flowing.

Btw - anyone who has an arrowsinger for trade, I still have my right testicle available so PM me!

9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

There were so many final nails in the coffin that you've already been buried

alkaline89 likes this.
  10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I know a guy who can take your other testicle and give you the money for a harb and then some

11. xezno

I'm game! When and where? Never thought it'd fetch enough for a harb. Makes me sad about lefty now :(

12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

just cut it off and wrap it up real nice and send it to my address on my profile

13. xezno

Done! Wait now I gotta split it into three pieces? I just can't do it. Maybe if I sow it back in real..quickk.....the blooood....losssss isss....makkkinggg....*thud*

MEATMAN likes this.
  14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

your services have pleased me

15. Zero

Zero Active Member

Dat face...

16. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

everybody loves it too

17. Zero

Zero Active Member

Slightly erotic, just slightly.

MEATMAN likes this.
  18. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

We could create a new rune for you called "Stitched Second".

Let's say someone owns a Mexican Restaurant and promised they will never put Menudo on the menu. Then someone buys the restaurant from the previous owner and Menudo is his specialty. The promise of a previous ownership group does not have to carry forward to the new ownership group.

Also, it seems they were released three times anyway. (according to Markoth's post, if I can count to three properly.) This invalidates the previous promise as well.

There has been so much talk about rune availability. Why play favorites? Also, the only ones that will get hurt are the hoarders and the single rune stores. I'm sure Decondor will not get hurt too much, though. Pox Bros doesn't have any in stock. So maybe just the hoarders.

By the way, if an argument is "I bought mine for $150 and it's not fair if you rerelease them cheaper" is not a valid argument. Most will love DOG for making them available to newer players and the few players it may hurt will get over it. Explain how this will be a "nail in the coffin."

xezno likes this.
  19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Buy me the harbs i'm missing and I'll allow it.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Also, the only hoarder of Harbs is H0spy. Soowuu maybe had like 10. Tuyop might have a few.