New Shattered Peaks Council member, and the most pressing issues in SP

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by devilsrath, Nov 4, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You didn't say Simon Says... Besides, he does fine when I use him.

2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

And you play him at the top level competitively. Right, sorry i forgot

SaintKiwi and Nebron like this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Don't be so quick to judge mate. Aside from your assumptions do you have anything to add to our discussion of Dao?

Edit: I realized this might sound condescending, I do not mean it to be.

4. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Please stop saying things that I agree with. I don't want people to make the assumption that I like you.

SPiEkY and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Sigh... Being pertinacious is fine an all however; I still have yet to see a counter argument for how Dao performs for you. Please dismount your high horse, and lets discuss Dao.

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Dao's a low damage tank who's job is to contest fonts for the most part.But for how low his damage is he doesnt bring nearly enough to the table defense wise and due to this he is severely overcosted.

Just my 2 cents.

WraithxxV and soulmilk like this.
  7. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Dao's main defensive abilities are Deflect and Reflexes.

Deflect is not a good tank ability as it only stops 1 attack every 4 turns, and Reflexes does nothing to save him from range, which is where most damage comes from these days. He has nothing interesting on upgrades, no longer has Initiative (My favorite use for him has always been the on deploy Serf trigger + Battlemaster), does extremely low damage, and is still over 80 nora.

In the end you're paying 80+ for Battlemaster and a half-tank, and though I also have run him, and sometimes he works, I think he is in a very bad place and needs a tap.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  8. Ballballer

Lol raidboi deleted my post

SaintKiwi likes this.
  9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Well you were being a meanie-head.

10. Ballballer

And also 100% correct

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Ballballer

Maybe mods shouldnt participate on the forums if they delete all the posts in which they get dominated

Talking to you raidboi

SaintKiwi and SPiEkY like this.
  12. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Dogpile needs to be reduced from 6 nora to 3 nora. Slags need a damage dealer. G'hern bound could give a 1 nora bigger discount.

13. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Lol deleting posts are dangerous. might as well merge everything in one post

Imho on SP's current state:
    Everything should be taken into account after Hero, and Loyalty have its costing readjusted. Most of our themes are playable once ghosts, pallys and efficient elves are adjusted.

VOILS - Once stormflyer loses his efficiency, and regal presence is readjusted, I think Voils are already fine. Regal presence needs to go though. Granting loyalty from the get-go is just OP

NIDS - Needs to merge the two themes of needless Berserker and Debuff stacking. I think Djinns should be the output (Judgment/something that deals damage based on the debuffs), while Nids should take care of the debuffs.

MOGAS - Not sure. Most games are hit or miss based on matchup. But they're definitely playable.

CLOPS - Once siblings takes an adjustment, they're back to the shoebox. But from the experimental efficiency, I can say I enjoy playing their playstyle which should revolve around high burst damage and creepblocks by being a racial 2x2 (very unique)

ELECTRICITY - Super not viable due to Lightning Ele, Overcharged Golem, and Cyclonic Fesh being butchered.

SLAGS - Playable. But I don't play them, so I don't know how they fare.

SPLITS - Metallic slag and Barbarian Bolt is really off tangent. I don't even know where they belong in a split. Construct/Slags doesn't offer each other a mutual benefit other than having to continually deploy while being subpar constructs (champ counts all IS strux with 2 metallic, but still needs the spells/quips for the theme), or subpar slags (champ counts to SP slags with 2 metallic, but still needs slag slop n relics for the theme to work). Same goes for Barb bolt.

Watchlist:

Voil Skytrash - Groundstriker is so OP on a <70 nora champ. Even without regal presence, he's still a really good deal. I think Liability is really taking this guy's cost down. Maybe add another utility for an added cost? Trash (+8 Nora) offsets Liability (-4 Nora) so he'd be 71 nora?

Moga Cannon - Encouraged and Lumbering should be taken away. from 72 base to (+25 - 4) = 83 nora. Then, reduce speed to 6. With leap 3 upgrades he'd be 76-80 nora?

Needs help:

Cyclops Stonecaller - Create chasm is an interesting choice... but what's with his current cost? Stone Barrage + Stone Shield should be merged into one ability rather than 10 Nora + 5 Nora. Legendaries if I recall should have 3 abilities including Attack, and a unique ability. In this case, Stone Barrage + Stone Shield should be made into one ability to be consistent:

Stone Barrage + Shield: "4 random opposing champions within 5 spaces takes 8 Physical damage (reduced by 2 per trigger against the same champion). This damage ignores DEF. This champion has Tough 3 when this ability is not on CD"

And his design is just utterly horrible. Domain: Rock? Is he supposed to split with IS by granting Domain: Rock and Front? Surge: Rock is only on one champ, domain:rock is mostly an upgrade path for Trolls that doesn't give much. Its better to make him a champion that: 1) offers a meta utility, 2) offers a racial unique playstyle.

Upgrade 1: Damage Shield: Physical 3, Create Chasm, Bulwark: Cyclops, Hurl Boulder
    Upgrade 2: Domain:Rock, Shatter, Grant: Domain:Rock, Improve Range, Grant: Tunnel Earth 2

Range to 1-3

Cyclonic Fesh - The only way to utilize his Electric Overload is through range, as seen from how people don't utilize Skybreak's EOverload. Melee is not the way to go imo. Even as a melee absorb, this 2x2 is super slow and doesnt offer much.

Lightning Elemental - N/A

Cyclops Hurler - He should be back to 6SPD (+1SPD), adjust DMG to 10 (-4DMG), adjust back RNG to 4-6 (MIN RNG+0, MAX RNG+1).
    Slam back to base, and Climb (+3 Nora).

Upgrade1 [secondary attack]: Tectonic Pulse, Tremor, Stone Bomb 3
    Upgrade2 [utility] : Protective, Master Climber, Opportunistic

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Moga are in a pretty good spot right now, not too sure about too many of the other themes, though.

15. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

You missed the part where they neutered totem and recruiter eh?

Ballballer likes this.
  16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

eh, recruiter had it coming and everything else is pretty baller.

17. Ballballer

Lol

18. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I don't know much about Dao. I think that there need to be one or two more Djinn at lower rarities before any big changes can be made to Serf to the Djinn. What's the view on Peaks Marid?

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

itt- nebron thinking he knows how to balance

PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  20. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Horribly overcosted due to Tele 2, fine otherwise.

RedScarlet likes this.