Hunting for MH fans

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by turtlejam, Oct 30, 2014.

1. turtlejam

turtlejam The King of Potatoes

[​IMG]

So I'm super sad because the only people I know play Monster Hunter as religiously as me are the friends I introduced to the game. Any of you PoxNora nerds out there play MH? I'm looking to make some new hunting buddies for MH4U! I'm incredibly excited for online play without having to have the WiiU!

Leadrz likes this.
  2. Rockhopper

Rockhopper Well-Known Member

Thing is, I'm 1 of 12 Americans that own a WiiU...

Waiting for a port that will never come

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

YO RICK HOWZIT GOIN

4. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm up for some Mon Hun - though the only reliable method of playing online is Freedom Unite on iphone atm. Unless you are close by and we can do some 3DS stuffs. Otherwise, wait for 4 Ultimate that supposedly will have similar online play like the iphone test port :p

5. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Love this to death. Hated that they went to Nintendo. I bought a Vita in anticipation of a game that never happened, and it was stolen before one was announced.

On the positive side girlfriend bought me a DS recently and I'll be picking up the new game next year. Which I'm really looking forward to since I haven't played since Unite.

6. turtlejam

Unite was sooooo good! I played the original on the PS2 when I was like, 12, and had no idea what to do. Picked it up again during Unite's era and never put it down. I wasn't a fan of Tri though. Underwater battles are unwieldy. Also, I they took my felyne buddies away! :( Well I'll PM you guys when MH4U comes out. I pre-ordered the collector's edition, which is freaking sweet! http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-collectors-edition/117266 the best part about it is that it cost just as much as the normal game would!

7. turtlejam

I'm thinking about getting a wiiu. Hyrule Warriors, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros are worth it. haha

8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Play mh3u on my 3ds.
    Mh4 will be good.

9. Emries

10. turtlejam

11. Emries

Yup it's a new spin off series.

12. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I don't know if my internet is good enough, but if it is, I am in.

13. turtlejam

Awesome! So what MH games have you played?

14. soulmilk

Freedom Unite and currently playing 3 Ultimate.
    Never played together with anyone though.

15. turtlejam

You're missing out then! MH is all about playing with other hunters. When MH4U comes out, you'll love the game even more, guarantee it! What weapons do you normally use? I use the Switch Axe and Gunlance mainly. The weird weapons are always the most fun!

16. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Im dual swords all the way.
    Slice and dice.

17. Emries

18. soulmilk

Greatswords, Sword & Shield and Bowgun.

19. turtlejam

Ah, I so wish I could play it! I don't have what you would call real internet (hughes net :p).

I tried the Bowgun out and finally started getting the hang of it in MH3U. They're hard to play with for me single player. If you can play the game all the way through using it though...that's impressive!

My brother uses dual swords too. I've never tried them, but I can see the potential. A lot of people say the demon special attack is the strongest special out there. I can see that. Especially if you have attack up high. Offense is the best defense they say. haha.

20. soulmilk

This is my experience with Monster Hunter.
    I first found Monster Hunter Freedom Unite in a game store 5 years ago. Had never heard of the game and had no idea what to expect.
    I went in and did the tutorial and learned how to use Longswords. (Katanas are awesome)
    Finished the tutorials (Or most of them at least.)
    Now to start doing quests. Which was located, umm... Maybe in the house? Which appears to be a guild. This must be the place!
    Hmm... Most of these quests are about hunting huge monsters. I should start hunting small monsters, but what seem to be the easiest quest is hunt 30 Genprey. Seems a bit extreme as my first quest, but okay. The quest was very tough for a noob like me and took a long time. After continuing doing these quests for a while, I finally looked around a bit more and found where I was really supposed to begin questing. This was A LOT easier.
    Could also start defeating large monsters such as Dromes, Garugas and Cephadrome. All of them was a decent challenge, but wasn't too much trouble. (Except when Cephadromes went into the sand.)
    I started feeling like I had the hang of the game, but then I had to hunt very difficult large monsters like Hermitaurs, Plesioth and super tough monsters like Congalala, Khezu and the all mighty Diablos. I also started using Greatsword at this point.
    This was very hard for me, but in the end I managed to defeat them.
    But then, I went against a Basarios. My Longsword and Greatsword wasn't sharp enough and I always timed out against it. Then I went online for help and found Bowgun, which had piercing shots plus explosives.
    Basarios went down easily and an urgent quest came up; Tigrex.
    Longsword and Greatsword proved to be way too slow against it, so my only choice was to continue using Bowgun. I eventually took it down, and most other monsters after it, like Rathian and Rathalos.
    I then went online and looked at some youtube videos of how to use Greatswords properly. (I didn't even know you could continue slashing with combo moves.) And learned I shouldn't just go straight for attacking monsters, but instead wait for them to attack. This instantly made my Greatsword skills a lot better, and I could take down pretty much any monster I went against. (Except Shen Gaoren, which I had to use a Bowgun against.)
    Rest of the main quests I just used Greatsword and started using Sword and Shield because it proved to be very fun to use.
    Haven't touched the guild quests again yet though. (Which have monsters I haven't hunted yet.)
    And I bought MH3U recently and been having fun with it.