Honestly... Desert Owl I need you to read this.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickyjpen, Mar 16, 2014.

?

Do you think token's prices should be lowered?

1. Yes, It is quite difficult to get tokens with their current pricing.

58.6%
  2. No, I do not mind grinding for hours just to level my BG up.

18.9%
  3. Neutral - Don't really care about the topic in general.

22.5%
  1. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

You guys are doing absolutely fantastic as is. I love all the attention you show to the playerbase, how you focus on fixing bugs, and all this and that.

But there is one lingering issue with myself and a lot of players that absolutely needs to be tended to.

And that is that tokens.... Are absolutely unreasonable now...... 4000 gold is simply too much.... Its not going to fly with ALOT of people. Now it seems like a minor issue... But there is a reason this is more of an issue than first thought about.

Now there are certain types of players (Myself included) that literally trade out BG's like weekly to make new ones... Now that gold costs this much I honestly am losing will to play... I mean I literally have only played a few games since you guys took over due to a few reasons. And the main one is this. I simply do not have the time to sit around and grind dailies just to level up my battlegroup and get tokens. I literally can't do that on a weekly basis. And honestly when I do grind.... It feels like poxnora is more of a 2nd job then an actual enjoyable spare-time passing computer game. The entire way I used to come on poxnora and play has been compromised and ruined due to this.

Bottom of the line for this is that some people have busy work schedules and other recreational activities that make it impossible to sit around and grind gold or look for someone willing to trade them tokens for an un-godly sum of runes.

Kinda makes me want to find a new game in fact.

Now if my reasoning is not enough for you to consider re-evaluating this... Please go on poxnora. Sit around and play a shots game. Where whenever a person asks if anyone has spare tokens. You take a shot. You can make it once per each person rather than just each time you see it that way you don't have to drink from spam as well... But I guarentee it will get you pretty hammered guys ;). I actually did this last night is where this came from... Oh boy was quite a colorful night after that but that is besides the point.

I Don't mean to sound like I am a negative-nancy person. In fact I love what you guys are doing with the game as I said previously you are doing great... But from the absolute deepness of my heart I really cannot continue playing poxnora if it will take me all my spare time to merely level up my battlegroups rather than actually get to enjoy them in gameplay at their full-potential. I hope you guys consider lowering the prices of tokens. It really does hurt the game for some people.

2. rickyjpen

My suggestion for change would be to change the tokens back to the way SoE had it which was 200ish per plat, 100ish per gold, 50ish per silver, 25ish per bronze

3. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

It's really weird that DoGz haven't payed attention to the problem yet, cause it's far more important than sound or ranking or singleplayer.

Yesterday I even had to keep spamming poor pb with dozens of trades and canceling till I got few leveled runes.

rickyjpen likes this.
  4. rickyjpen

I had to do the same a couple times then I decided it wasn't worth it anymore :(

5. mario75

mario75 The King of Potatoes

Confirm, 4000 Golds are too much!

rickyjpen likes this.
  6. rickyjpen

Right???? Its literally 1k less than buying a new Avatar.... Absolutely nuts!

7. rickyjpen

So far 100% of the people voted (6) agree that tokens prices need to be lowered :)

8. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

yeah i like all new changes except this is too much

rickyjpen likes this.
  9. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I know Gedden is aware, as when we were streaming with him the other day he asked us about what the best solution for tokens is! I have a feeling there will be a solution in the next week for this.

10. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

IMO they should do away with the whole level thing and let all runes be lvl 3 from the get go.

Aleswick and Nemorga like this.
  11. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

yep, that was exactly my suggestion, all it does it complicate things for new players and force older players to grind.

I think Gedden is also considering the point of view of single players that apparently love to grind things.

12. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

I have always felt that tokens were a bit too cheap. 4 bucks or 4k gold might be a bit more than you want to spend for a 10 pack of tokens, but it's probably a lot closer to where it should be than it was before.

13. aenix

aenix Member

You get more gold income from ranked yet you cannot realistic play ranked with level 1 runes.

Campaigns give around 400-600 max more if doing dailies, 1 token pack costs 4k which holds about 12 tokens.

Needs to be changed, I am not a fan of single player and prefer ranked but i cant really do that with a unlevelled battlegroup, its been 3 days now and its still not done.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I liked it when SOE did not allow player-initiated polls. They invariably come out biased, incomplete or simply uninformed.

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, I for one am a fan of democracy.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Then you should educate yourself, a biased poll is the opposite of democracy.

18. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

So ... what about an anonymous and equal poll is biased? Aside of nothing, of course, because that would be the obvious answer. The demographic more likely to not be present on the forum is the noobs, which, in any case, need more time the most.

20. aenix

aenix Member

League and poxnora has something in common can anyone guess what it is.../sarcasm

rickyjpen likes this.
  21. Vallassa

Vallassa The King of Potatoes

I agree the token prices are a bit too much. The old system of getting tokens was much easier. I just ran out of Plat's and I don't really want to spend gold for a bunch of random Plat tokens.

rickyjpen likes this.