The game that took me to Poxnora

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rapidice, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

The first turn based strategy game i ever played. And it trapped me forever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone else played Shining Force series?

2. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Yes! Shining Force was the game back in the day! Me and my three siblings played it and Shining Force II to death.

Never got a chance to play the direct sequel to the first (it was on Sega CD) or Shining Force III (Sega Saturn).

If I ever have time to do anything again, I'll play them via emulator. :D

Rapidice likes this.
  3. Rapidice

I play Shining Force 3 on an emulator from time to time. Still trying to finish the CD 1 of 3. Configuring Sega Saturn emulators is a real pain.

4. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Final Fantasy Tactics was another great one (the only game I ever bought 3 times).

I really wanted to play the Disgaea games, but I had an X-Box at the time and moved on from consoles afterwards.

5. Rapidice

I have downladed a Game Boy Advance emulator on my phone, just to play FF Tactics Advance & Shining Force . Both of them excellent games.
    If you liked Shining Froce, you should try the remake that was made for GBA, they added new characters (appears the daughter of king Ramladu), differente abilities and spells, and improved the lore overall.

6. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I feel like I have to dig out Disgaea and FF Tactics out again now =(.

7. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

Shining Force was my first real game on my first console so yeah I played it and Shining Force 2.
    I've played shining force 3 (cd 1 and 2 I don' recall having plaed the third) thanks to a highschool friend who lent me his saturn =)
    It's not a tactical but a dungeon rpg but you can also try Shining in the Darkness. It's the rpg game that began the Shining series.
    Also you could try Shining Force Feather on DS but it's japanese only...and they changed the gameplay.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

First tbs I ever played was Warsong for the Sega Genesis.

and while im at it

first rts: Warcraft 1
    first rpg: nethack
    first fps: doom
    first 2d fighter: samurai showdown
    first mmo: everquest 1

hmm, this thread has reminded me that I was born before the internet. so lets gets oldschool boardgaming

first strategy game: chess
    first fantasy game: Dark Tower / dungeon / talisman / wizards quest
    first wargame: risk / axis and allies / btoadsides and boarding parties / ronan
    first battle simulation game: tank battle / carrier strike / chopper command
    first pencil n paper rpg: dungeons and dragons (the real kind)
    first table top miniatures wargame: silent death (yeah it had a 'board' but it was nothing more than a big hex grid and i did model painting so I think of it as tabletop)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I wasn't a big fighter fan, but Samurai Showdown was great. Dibs on Tam Tam! :D

I think they actually made an RPG version that never made it to the states...

10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    Jubei owns Tam Tam

Mwuahahahaha

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

In my case it was Tactics ogre: the knight of lodis, that I played on a GBA emulator, FF tactics took a lot of it, but I like the set of rules and the class system of TO better.
    [​IMG]

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Final fantasy tactics wotl for my iPhone puts me to bed at night! :)