Instill Panic

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I know I am late to the game on this one but my god this is a handy little spell. Beyond the normal uses I have found myself often using it on my own units as a 0 AP leap to set up power turns with Warcry, capture fonts, etc. So I have started looking for more uses to add to our arsenal. My question is if you can push a unit over walls or damaging terrain as long as they land on "safe" terrain.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Pretty much auto-include for it's nifty uses.

I'm also pretty sure you can push it over champs/walls/lava etc

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

So if I am running say... Geomancer, I can use Terraform: Dirt in the middle of a lava lake and push a unit out onto his own little island?

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

hmmm, hard to say. Dirt onto lava coding has been weird. I know devils uses it a lot should ask him

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah you can definitely push it over walls and impassable terrain, so I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to do the dirt lava thing.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It's official. I am running Geomancer until I leave a unit stranded in the middle of a lava lake...

7. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Make sure you screenshot it if you do :p

8. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I know it's been mentioned, but Retreat + Instill is nifty.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Run up to something, Retreat to jump over it then IP it into your units?

So far my favorite use has been to IP a Dwarven King to power turn something my opponents thought was out of threat range.

10. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I have a question regarding IP, does relocating into Land mine trigger the mine?

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Assuming the land mine is stealthed, I think this situation ends in a disappearing champion bug, where the sprite vanishes but the champion is still on the original location (you can still select and move it and it eventually reappears) This happens when you relocate to spaces occupied by stealthed units.

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

When I did that once, I relocated the champ to the mine, then put the champ back at his starting point, then knocked it back, did the damage and distract, but used his initial position as the starting point. As I considered it bugged, I reported it and never tried it again.

The play I was talking about is having the champion 3 spaces away from the bomb so that it relocates the champion one space to the other side of the bomb, then explodes and moves him 2 more spaces in that direction.

13. TheNidhogg

Yes, this happens often with Snogvie and landmines :(

14. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I always run 1x IP in my decks. Besides its normal uses, its a cheap spell to clear Snowblind, Counterspell mastery, Refute and others.

15. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I dropped my Unbending Force today to give this nifty little bugger a try. First impressions: I can already tell I'm going to love this spell. ;)

16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Very much increased usefulness with battle turkey buff. Retreat ...stealth if needed then IP manipulate key enemy units.

17. TheNidhogg

The problem was probably that you were running unbending force o_O

JaceDragon likes this.
  18. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

But what about the debuff when u IP a own unit?

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It is not always useful to use it in this way but for example the other day I had a melee unit with 7 ap that was 8 spaces from the opponents font with a 5 hp unit in between. I was able to use IP to kill the unit and take the font when it would otherwise be impossible. The debuff didn't matter at that point because everything in the area was dead and. I had his font. IS also contains a good bit of cleanse so it may be possible to use and then immediately cleanse if you need to get rid of distracted or need 4 more damage.

20. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

It's actually way better than it looks. The only problem with it is, in IS we prefer to heal our champions rather than let them die, so it kinda goes against everything our faction stands for. Nevertheless, I've had quite a few games where the opponent wasted his entire powerturn to kill my Dwarven King, DMC, etc. only to have it be left alive and wreaking havoc on my opponent's overextended forces. Played right, it can waste a good chunk of your opponent's nora/AP, and let the target die on your terms, not on theirs.

Rapidice likes this.