Chaos Brave

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by SaintKiwi, Nov 19, 2014.

1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

By far the crappiest of all knights. I'm not sure why he's the only one without quest:kill enemy. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a 10 Nora hike just as long as he is runnable. 8 dmg is a joke.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

What would you propose as a change to make him more runnable?

3. SaintKiwi

Yes,
    On base:
    +Quest: Kill Enemy (8 nora)
    +4 base dmg (putting him at 12)

For upgrades:
    The first line would be something like: Devour Moga, Tough 2, or Resistance Physical rank 3
    The second upgrade line can stay the same. He was always good with exertion because he could just heal himself after killing an enemy.

4. HardyGames32

Where would you put him nora wise after that?

5. SaintKiwi

Roughly 84 to 86 nora with the devour moga upgrade. Around 95 with tough and 90 with resistance physical rank 3.

6. HardyGames32

That would shoebox him more, why not run klub? they share the same role.

7. SaintKiwi

I have never owned/ran klub or wanted to. You're missing the point of this thread. They also do not share the same role.

Get out.

8. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

My suggestion is
    Remove Tectonic Pulse Base. (-15 Nora)
    Add Quest: Kill Enemy Base. (+8 Nora)
    Add +4 Base Damage. (+?)

9. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I don't think this will fix him. His problem is that he's trying to do too many roles all at once: summoner (but a bad one w/ cd 4), ranged attacker (but reliant on two high cd special abilities), a tank w/ resis and 2 defense, and a damage dealer w/ self ap gen from exertion. He needs to be focused on one or two of these at most because with a per ability pricing system, a multi-role unit will almost always be shoeboxed.

I've never really used him so I don't have a stake in figuring out what role he should play, but his artwork includes a thrown moga. Maybe focusing him on moga support would be helpful. Throw moga is alright, but he could also have weaker version of the ability, i.e. throw a pre-existing moga to deal damage rather than summoning one, and just regular old throw.

10. soulmilk

Think of him as a tank with ranged attack abilities.
    I always think of Chuck Moga as an ability similar to shield throw that also soaks up AP/Entangle an unit instead of thinking of the moga as an unit. It might be slightly expensive as it is 15 Nora for an ability with cooldown 4.

11. soulmilk

I could see him as more Cyclops theme based. That is what his flavor text states after all.

12. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Chaos Brave
    Keep stats the same.

Base:
    Quest: Kill Enemy (8)
    Chuck Moga (15)
    Attack Physical

Upgrade Path 1
    Devour Moga (Selected) (1)
    Protective (+5 nora)
    Enrage Rank 2 (+3 nora)

Upgrade Path 2
    Overseer Moga Rank 2 (Selected) (3)
    Surge: Behemoth Rank 1 (+2)
    Surge: Behemoth Rank 1 (+9)

Base Nora Cost: 86
    This would be a Moga build

Cyclops Build: 91 nora

Boss Mode: 100 nora

I'd run x1

13. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

although, I'd also be pro losing chuck moga... it just holds back the champ because of the cost

14. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Tec Pulse is 15?
    There's the problem.
    It's not really THAT strong, is it?

I like Chuck Moga, but it should probably be moved to ups, since the moga is bad if you don't have something to boost or eat it.

15. soulmilk

I seem to have made an error. It's actually 12. My mistake.

16. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

This guy is horrible. he definetly needs something. i remember watching him in a game the other and just being like"wtf". his only thing outside of activated abilities was resistance physical. and to think he use to be somewhat good.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  17. soulmilk

Are you sure you wasn't playing against me instead of watching him in a game?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  18. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

lol yes im sure....i do recall u playing him tho cause i remember u chucked a moga at a bubbled guy and he didnt spawn i guess because there was no damage....

soulmilk likes this.
  19. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

I've had times where I used a summon ability and nothing happens (specifically Maxxarek's summon, which is probably due to having a 2x2 that fails to get placed, and Spawnpool Guardian's, which is definitely not).

20. soulmilk

"A summoned Moga Axeman is deployed adjacent to the target if it is successfully damaged."
    You had Bubble of Protection on your champ.