So about Ancestral Avenger...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vote Kanye 2020, Dec 3, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Your missing my point. I'm not advocating it because there are hard counters to it. I am advocating it because I think it would be an interesting design change. I simply mentioned the counters because that is what I thought his issues with it stemmed from. I didn't know that he just disliked the ability overall.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Because this was so unclear...

don't know why I ever bother clicking "Show Ignored Content"...

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The mind is at peace when you don't click that.

[​IMG]

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I just clicked it, and Bicassy managed to annoy me again. Just don't

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm very glad that you are not involved in design.

6. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

All BGs should have some valid lines of play against all other BGs. Ravenspeaker's ability to eat summons is only awesome because summons themselves are brutal and overwhelming against most BGs. Ravenspeaker is an autoinclude in any SL bg, regardless of whether or not it's off theme, because otherwise you would have an enormous inherent disadvantage any time you encounter summons. Ravenspeaker looks like the symptom of a problem. It is not a unit that people would choose to run in a vacuum, or if summons could be dealt with efficiently through damage alone.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Only repeating what Gedden said. Not all bgs will be, or should be able to fight all other bgs. There will naturally be things you can't account for all the time. You can try your best to do so, but then you will end up with a bg specifically made to counter with no internal synergy of its own, effectively being flawed.

Personally I agree with his statement. As if every faction is unique as it should be, then there will naturally be a faction your weaker against, or a theme that just wrecks your specific bg without being insane overall. That is just the way of a dynamic game. That being said, every faction should always be on par with another. Just don't expect your dastardly faction tricks to always hold up to another.

"Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised." - Denis Waitley

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Maybe you and Gedden should try playing the game sometime and enjoy the herp derp free losses.

Baskitkase likes this.
  9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I do. Lost to an AA rampaging through everything, I Doom'ed him, and he still managed to take out 3 champs Average cost of about 65 nora each, in the 3 rounds before his demise.

I've lost to things that I was not knowledgeable in, I've lost to things because the faction I was playing just couldn't handle what was thrown at it. (KF, Arcers against a Draksar Phalanx style bg ect...) It happens, it's supposed to happen. However; by far AA things like him should not exist.

You just don't hear me complaining about it because it does nothing. I am trying to provide suggestions to fix it, and stuff like "No, because **** spirit projection." Doesn't help.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"deal with it" is not good design, however you want to turn it.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I whole heartedly agree. I have been content with Geddens "Deal with it" just because there have been other things going on behind the scenes. With 2 new programmers, and a couple devs on the way he will soon have to face facts that somethings, no matter what bg you have, are just obscene. If stuff doesn't get fixed, soon after the patch as promised. I will buy the pitchforks...

12. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Ignore is fun. Imagirl is arguing with herself. Carry on.

Xirone likes this.
  13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I was thinking the same thing. Ignore makes some conversations seem manic.

DarkJello likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Put me on ignore after I called you out on being a tool to people who don't know everything about the game huh?

Good riddance.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Y'all are childish. Go QQ somewhere else.

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Funny, I was gonna say something about how weird it is to see burn argue with himself

HannibalFee, DarkJello and Baskitkase like this.
  17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Throwing dem burns left and right.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

giggity

19. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

When it comes to titans, i always remember the age of mythology game, this huge monsters with tons of HP and EXTRA slow, in this game is sort of the same but this titan is fast and CAN FLY, so imagine that the titan in age of mythology have the speed of a valkyrie, damm..

20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Bump for more brainless crying with little to no suggestions.

Edit* I'm an in-sensitive prick who only cares about buffing KF into the next solar system.

TL:DR
    Look out Voils. Oh., and Skeezick Cannoner, cause he's hella efficient.