Tokens and gold

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jan 3, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I know everything is coming "soon" but is this going to be looked at ? Deck building and trading and buying packs is a huge part of pox and nobody likes spending 3k on tokens. I know you can lvl them but it takes on average about ten or more games usually to lvl once. Either get rid of platinum tokens and reduce max cp to 100 or reduce token costs.

lvl 2 - 50 cp
    lvl 3- 100 cp

Seems like a simple enough change to me.

2. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

yes, Gedden confirmed tokens will be addressed at expansion release.

Goyo likes this.
  3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Remove CP gain cap and introduce moderate values per action...

4. super71

Might be the best news so far thank you. Does he have an idea how he is going to adress them ?

5. Moles

Yea, this was discussed in the latest Q&A.

1. From Many people: Tokens causing a barrier stopping people play? Yes we are definitely going to do something with tokens - this is likely to happen with the expansion, we are just deciding the best way to do it. May add token drops as a player reward for PvP games.

6. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

Average of 15 games minimum not 10, and your champion as to be an all star from the beginning and shrine kill, if you have a support rune it's more like 20-30. Highly improbable you'll use all of your champions in a game or all in any meaningful way unless you get locked into attrition and your deck can fight that kind of fight, could push your chaff up to 30-50 games otherwise. And your BG is only complete once your slowest rune gets to 3 star (of runes that need to 3 star) so even if your main powerhouse gets to 3 in 20-30 games your BG isn't complete and playing fully until the last tubby crosses the finish line.

7. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Which should be where Tokens come in. The system as of now is excessively tedious as you note, especially with support champions only playable at level 3; but I don't mind the idea of levelling up runes. It's part of what makes Pox Nora so unique to me, and allows me to feel like there's some sort of progression even once I have acquired the runes.

OchiK likes this.
  8. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

I absolutely agree. I just think that in lieu of a better token situation if I've had a rune out for half the game and it's pulled its weight attacking, healing, harassing, what have you it needs to get 10 cp to start with, not 3-5. As it stands now I can summon a few units right before a shrine kill and they'll net half the cp that the majority of my champs will get.

Does anyone know the cp gain formula or system? I had one game once where if memory serves a rune got like 22 cp, while everything else was 3-6.

9. super71

But you see the problem here is the majority of people that mix up their bg's constantly are players that don't play pvp. You can't favor half your player base and if you haven't noticed the majority of your player base are in single player doing campaigns or skirmishes.

10. Moles

this may encourage them to play some pvp too then!

OchiK likes this.
  11. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Maybe, but there are some people (like me) that like to play against the AI (since I love to collect runes, and create all of the crazy bg, and dont want to create some meta stuff) this will be something that will change nothing. Maybe making tokens forgeable too, dont know how much, but this will help.

12. Moles

making tokens forgeable was discussed internally also, not sure if that is planned or something under consideration at this moment.

This is new feedback, the general consensus previously from single player people was that they liked CP.

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Where the hell are they pulling that Bane Shift from? I don't think I've ever heard another single player say that they like leveling runes. Maybe back when you could overupgrade your guys and make them all superchamps, sure, but not with the current system.

BurnPyro likes this.
  14. Moles

I'm just basing that off of what i've seen on the forums and through doing Q&A's.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Actually I do recall on one of the threads that there were noobs, who for some reason I can't even fathom, liked gaining CP. I also remember that a handful of noobs complained that the BGs you buy in the Marketplace came fully leveled.

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh, right, those morons

BurnPyro and Oldmaster like this.
  17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

"Single Players are the future of this game."

18. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

See, that's the thing. The guys who just want to play single player are more likely to enjoy cping runes, and having an unleveled rune isn't going to have a huge effect on their success. However, a pvp player is likely to want the most effective upgrades immediately. And just so we are on the same page, Pox is primarily a PvP game, and should remain so. A higher population will increase the viability of less meta decks among the lower ranked.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

"The majority of players play campaigns and skirmishes."

20. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

"The majority of players should always keep the goal of moving into ranked in the back of their minds, as this is primarily a PvP game. It's ok if they don't want to, though."