Beer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Mar 24, 2014.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Won the beer olympics with my roommates at a friend's house last night.... it wasn't even a contest lol. The beer was PBR, which is the beer i drink more than any other. Can't beat that price

2. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

My favorite beer is whiskey, but to each his own. :D

3. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

I will see your PBR reference and raise you a Pliny the Younger.

I may lose my shirt at mafia, but being from Portland gives me a decided advantage at Hipster poker.

plinyatpour.JPG

4. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I buy blue moon more than anything not sure if its my favorite or not but it definitely works for me :) Cheap and efficient I say!
    [​IMG]

5. Destorum

Destorum I need me some PIE!

and these are the 2 that i drink theres always either a carton of one of these or jacks in the house somewhere also to hell with putting lemon in it I have no clue why people would do that might as well go buy something sweeter

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well as far as normal beer goes, I kind like all the beers I'm able to drink here in Belgium.
    Except for cara pils I don't think we really have any bad beers.

If we go to my personal favorite it would be "Gents Gruut"

[​IMG]

It's just, really, really good in my opinion.

I'm also a fan of "Lachouffe", it's served in 75 cl bottles in the pub I frequent most often.

upload_2014-4-19_17-41-16.jpeg

Than again in general I like a proper wine, or basically anything you can mix with some rum (cola, coffee, mint thee with sugar, hot milk with honey, you name it...).

Sincerely,

Josh753

7. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

Most people would put lime in it, not lemon. It cuts it a bit.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My preference is Marzen style beer, or preferably authentic Marzen beers. I tried Paulaner, Hofbrau, Lowenbrau, Augustiner, and Spatenbrau. All were great, but my favorite was Hacker-Pschorr

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I drink Budweiser, because i'm an American and a Christian. but its cool to see what the barbarians drink too.

10. Rockhopper

Rockhopper Well-Known Member

Purveyors of Budweiser are civilized, cultured folk.

11. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

That still doesn't account for poor taste. Do you hate your taste buds or something?

I have two all-time favorites at present time, being Monk's Cafe, a Flemish Sour Ale that's like drinking sour gummy worms, and (unfortunately) this beer I found in a brewpub in Columbus, Ohio. It was called Blood Harvest Wheat. It was made with Brazilian blood oranges, and I could have gone through pitchers of that stuff. I've had water that went down worse than it.

PurpleTop likes this.
  12. PurpleTop

necro'ing an old thread to boast that i was able to finish a Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA on New Years. Anyone who has had that beer knows that it is a battle.

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

14. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Beer<wine. Fight me.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Personally it depends on what you're doing.

Beer > Wine for social drinking.
    Wine > Beer for paring with food.

chickenpox2, IMAGIRL and PurpleTop like this.
  16. Dovahkhiin

Dovahkhiin Member

http://weihenstephaner.de/

Fantastic brewery, if you you can get a hold of any, the dark ale they do is incredible, super expensive here in stores, about 6$ a bottle (500ml) and I don't even want to think about shipping, but its good stuff. If you ever come down to Australia/Melbourne, the Red Hill brewery is fantastic and Mornington brewery does really

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My local liquor store has a few varieties in stock. http://www.totalwine.com/eng/search/weihenstephaner

18. Sammich

Sammich Member

Hands down, my favorite beer is Founder's Breakfast Stout. http://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/breakfast-stout/
    So smooth, so tasty, so much implied alcoholism. It's an oatmeal/chocolate/coffee stout that can knock yer socks off if you're not careful.

Oh, and beer pairs way better with fried food than wine ever will. When yer wife is obsessed with fish & chips, you have to figure these things out ^.^

Grand General Mosh and PurpleTop like this.
  19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Welcome back Sammich.

I agree with you, Founder's Breakfast Stout is great. I had it for the first time on the 2nd, and I've had it three more times since then.

Good point about the fried food and beer.

20. PurpleTop

founders has an excellent porter as well, one of my favorites