DISCUSSION: Pox Nora Patch Notes: 23.2.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

uaChakra you sound like mmrv with worse spelling. Honestly, you're the one that sounds like caring only about oneself

Also training grounds is to play Public Decks which do give gold. Though I'm not sure if it's implemented yet, playing public decks supposedly drops random core runes of said deck you're using.

From previous NUX changes annoucement:

Core set runes can be really good and better than the little gold you're missing out by playing Training Grounds instead of campaigns. They can also be Rune Forged so arguably worth missing out on some campaign gold. TG is more fun and lets you become more experienced in the game anyways. :p

2. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

My bad spelling is because UA means that I am from Ukraine and English is not my 1st language and I never learn it. Training ground game before patch give like 100gold per game now it is like 70 now calculate how much game u need to play to get 1box . around 450 do you think newcomer will play 450 game with same deck? And as I say before , to be competive u need 6 boxes at least 2700 games. Newcomer drop this game after 100games and never returns. Devas said price will be changed later, but now they lose precious newcomers.

3. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

Maybe i'm alone in this and I understand if so.

But I have purchased all of the avatars, with cash, when they were on sale previously. I, on the other hand, do not own warbanners. I've always been a split player and never been too bothered to get them but now that more of the bugs are fixed and the community can grow i'd like to start collecting again. Is my only option now to buy core packs and get them as a legendary?

4. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I'm trying to speak with the Greens now about getting free warbanners if you own the Avatars, since I, you, and many other players are in the same boat.

5. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

Thank Gaia. I just never really took for granted the fact that spending money on Pox would be a down side in the long run, ya know? lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than thrilled about Pox regaining steam and I'm very happy they now offer the warbanners with avatars. It's a great move.

I'd just like some way to get the warbanner, even if it's buying it for gold again.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I know your pain! I bought credits YESTERDAY, and am trying to get the difference back, since I feel kinda robbed. Most other games, LoL for example, will reimburse you if the RNG gods decide to hate you when they do a sale on things you just bought.

7. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

It is always roullete to buy stuff now or later price can be changed. I have same felling when on SOE bought 2box and on next day SOE announce 50% sale.

8. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Quoted from Senshu for you all to see and hopefully quell some fears:

"We don't have same type of functionality in place as LoL, and this wasn't a sale we are still tooling prices to find the sweet spot. Anyone who bough anything for credits or gold recently would also have a claim to a refund if we made this exception. With that said, we will discuss this issue and determine the proper course of action."

EDIT: Continued

"Just remember there are no guarantees here. We do not have a system in place to do mass refunds, so it would have to be done manually. I would advise not to get your hopes up"

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Goyo likes this.
  9. crisian

crisian Member

i played the dailies and a couple ranked games and definitely noticed a pretty substantial difference in gold pay out. that and the increased price on boxes are a pretty good hit to us. i know it's not a huge difference and yes you are doing a lot of amazing stuff to the game, but i think you should not be reducing payouts and increasing costs only a week after the takeover of the game. to me anyway it was the first letdown since the takeover and leaves me wondering what will follow.

10. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Just curious DOG,

Are you considering the possibility of a sort of "gold well" for casual players?
    - i.e. A well of gold that builds up over a few days to a maximum cap.
    - Think maybe 150 gold a day with a cap of 500.
    - Then award a 50% bonus from this well each time a player WINS a game.

Two examples:

1)
    - Casual Player logs in after a day of not playing and has 300g in his well.
    - Casual player wins a game and gets 200g.
    - Casual player also gains 100g (+50%) extra from his well.
    - The well now has 200g more to reward him before there's no more bonus.

2)
    - Hardcore Player logs in after 6 hours of not playing and has 38g in his well.
    - Hardcore Player wins a game and gets 200g.
    - Hardcore Player also gains 38g (+50%), taking the remaining gold from his well.
    - Hardcore Player earns normal gold amounts during his session.

The premise of this is, over a month (~30 days), each player will have 4,500 bonus gold they can earn so long as they aren't hitting the cap of the well.

The well will allow more casual players to earn extra gold (at controlled rates) along with hardcore players.

This method provides bonus gold for everyone without allowing it to be farmed (and thus, exploited).

Also, showing a player their Well will incentivise them to play for the bonus they can receive. Imagine people logging in because they want to clear down their Well a bit.

11. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

This isn't a bad idea, and encouraging constant playing. Something like this or a "Log in each day for bonus gold, log in 7 consecutive days for a free rune" or something would be nice.

Kampel likes this.
  12. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

omng... 2 campaings (intros) on legendary... 70 + 100 golds.. :(

13. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i dont care what anyone says.....I LOVE YOU DOG. excellent job on pricing....and love the addition of warbanners. you guys are doing an excellent job.

DarkJello likes this.
  14. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

very nice changes. Gold income is still good.
    Bought my first DOG money today :)
    keep it coming!

DarkJello likes this.
  15. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

Dont know what you are doing, i got 500 for 1 legenady campaign step.

16. Fikule

Yeah, it's a way to give extra gold in a way that ensure they can't farm it, but can enjoy the bonus.

And as you say, it'd keep them coming back too.

17. Fikule

Also, love that the $50 Owl Point purchase gives 5350 points. JUST enough for 3 boxes.

Good value to encourage bulk purchase.

At this price I will certainly be buying 3 boxes of the next expansion.

Bondman007, TheNidhogg and DarkJello like this.
  18. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

i play another game on legendary.. the Ash`s Campaings. (bandit Prince )
    150 golds for the second of them.. 100+25+25 ..
    friend, 500 golds for what campaing.. ??

19. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

This is actually a good idea. I think someone suggested this before (maybe it was you). Definitely making a note 'cause I really like it.

Kampel likes this.
  20. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

An encounter is a single level in campaign. You also get gold for beating encounters, and gold for beating campaigns. You can also earn more gold for playing encounters longer.