Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

[​IMG]
    Courtesy of @Hiyashi

HOT FIXED
    This section is for hot-fixed on the day listed.

[04/03] Anthropomancer - Reduce number of charges (e.g. Charged 2 removed from U1, Death Charged 1 replaces Death Charged 2 in U2)
    [04/03] Angel of Nourishment - Empathy replaces TL2 in U1, Cleanse replaces Enlightened in U2

NEXT PATCH

This section is for items that are currently planned for the next patch or two.

[03/26] Lightning Elemental - Patch mistake, got Electric Jab on both upgrade lines
    [03/26] Magic Beam - 14 DMG still, fix to 12
    [03/26] Illuminated - Incorrectly trigger Backlash
    [03/28] Backlash - Incorrectly hitting nora refunds
    [03/27] Plague - Castable on enemies
    [03/30] Charged Fire Bomb, Magic Bomb, Disease Breath, Frost Cone - Charges cost to 6 from 4
    [03/30] Charged Flame Fist and Frost Kick - Charges cost to 4 from 3
    [03/30] Unleash Memories/Eradicate abilities - Introduce caps
    [03/30] Supercharged - Nora to 3/6/9
    [03/30] Harvest Organs - Nora to 6 from 4
    [03/13] Salaman Rook - Supercharged replaced with Attack Charged 2
    [04/05] Spellshift - Charges cost increases with use during the same turn
    [04/05] Recharge - Charges cost increases with use during the same turn
    [03/06] Stealth abilities - Review costs and possibilities for consolidation
    [02/28] Necrosis - Adjusted so it's not everything
    [02/28] Erode - AE3, Nora to 30
    [04/29] "Free" Meat - A number of summoned units have been nerfed (usually HP and/or SPD)
    [02/08] Hero Equips: Changed to Theme equips
    [02/25] Re-Integrate Djinn into Hyaenid and Elementals:
    • Each Djinn will have a special Hyaenid or Elemental only Grant ability:
      • Ifrit: Berzerker 3 until targets change (AP1, CD2)
      • Marid: Leap 3 until targets change (AP1, CD2)
      • Dao: Reflexes 3 until targets change (AP1, CD2)
      • Dew: Unstoppable and Mountaineer until targets change (AP1, CD2)
    • Update Soul Channeling
    [04/05] Zombie Plague - Duration?
    [04/05] Defensive Attack and Pulverize - Replaced with Power Attack (usually, sometimes with something else)

UNDER CONSIDERATION
    This section is for items that are under consideration.

[03/30] Pillage - Description: The first time this champion enters a font deployment zone, you gain 10 nora and this ability is removed. (Nora: 4)

[03/26] Barricades created by Barricade state they have Font Aversion incorrectly

[02/23] Incorporeal - This champion has Immunity - Physical, and takes 50/75% less damage from all non-Magical sources. (This would also come with some adjustments to existing champions who have access to Incorporeal mechanics.)
    [03/30] Creep and Crawl - Change to give Mountaineer due to consolidation of Climb/Clear

Empathy buff
    ~

[02/27] SP Bonus - BIG BUG
    [03/06] Counterspells - Consolidate Durations > Refute, Snowblind, Scapegoat, Dark Pact; Should these ones have longer duration than the others? is 6 appropriate for the others?
    [03/01] Eruption - Lava Traps to Summoned

[02/11] Tranfusion - RNG 8

[02/08] Blizzard Cloak - Improve visual

Molten Cloak - Trimming of the fatz?!
    Void Touch - Changed to an activated ability that removes base abilities (think short duration Fading Recollection)

[02/06] ST Font Bonus - 1 AP loss on entry for enemies

Theme Buffs Consolidation - Thread here

[02/25] Stat Buff Consolidation - Thread here
    • Boost: X - Global, 4 HP for stated X (Nora: 8)
    • Commander - AE5, DAM 2 for all friendlies (Nora: 8)
    • Commander: X - AE5, DAM 2 for the stated X (Nora: 5)
    • Defender - AE5, DEF 1 for all friendlies (Nora: 5)
    • Defender: X - AE5, DEF 1 for the stated X (Nora: 3)
    • None of this stacks

LONG-TERM STUFF
    This section is for items that are under consideration, but will may take awhile.

[03/03] Race Fixes - Trim down most champs to ONE race and make them make more sense (Vashal is Vashal, not Beast, Paladins are Humans, Barbs are Barbs, etc.)

KF Faction Bonus A
    FF: When deployed, friendly champions gain 1 AP for every 2 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 4). Friendly champions can store an additional 1 AP.

Split Bonus: When deployed, friendly champions gain 1 AP for every 3 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 4).

Font Bonus: Mobility for 3 turns on deploy, and at the beginning of each turn

Boon of the Undead - Removal and push some of the power to the themes (Spirits would probably get a CDR racial)
    FW Faction Bonus - % Nora and CDR on death of real champs

[03/15] FW runes that key off undead: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/fw-spells-that-key-on-undead.12075/

[03/17] Check 2x2 discount status

ON-WATCH
    This section is for quick notes on stuff that are being monitored specifically.

[01/28] Dimension Door
    [02/06] Superior Tinkering/Build Em Tough and other Buff stacking considerations
    [02/06] On-Death Abilities - Recosting
    [02/08] Duration added to globally triggered things like Snow Blind and Scapegoat
    [02/17] Skeezick Alliance - Not really wanting to nerf it, but its kind of messy the way it is now
    [02/19] Soul Feast - Only counting basic attacks?
    [02/20] Zedin/Warchief: Stone Clan
    [02/27] Shrine Defender - Tone-down/Streamline
    [02/28] NKD - Because no one really likes it, even the people who play with it
    [03/02] Maxxerek - Rework so he is not dependent on DEP
    [03/02] Temple of Brutality - How to make playable in ranked?
    [03/02] Fire Volatility/Breaker/Catalyst - Consolidate into one ability (Borghas can keep Fire Vot maybe)
    [03/03] Desecration - Investing Spell Resistance on Avatars and bypassing of Spell Resistance
    [03/03] Cliffdiving -
    [03/19] Iron Will - Should it give Distracted immunity?
    [03/23] Training PvP Games - No Avatars?
    [03/24] Soul Collection - Rework so it's not perma globe collection (maybe activated?)
    [03/24] Feint - Bug
    [03/27] Chosen of Osarius - ???
    [03/30] March of the Skeezick - AE
    [04/05] Crown of Nightbarbs - Remove Pariah, Nora+
    [05/01] Defensive Attack - Stupid
    [05/01] Impervious - Add Shielded and Impenetrable

DATA REQUESTS
    This section is for data that have been requested by players in additional to the regular meta reports. I will get to these as I have time.

[02/11] Rune Upgrade Selections
    [02/11] Rune Usage for All Ranks
    [02/11] Rune Stats by Faction
    [02/11] Runes in Circulation
    [03/06] All-Time DOW Leaders

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Iskandak, Ohmin, Lauremoon and 27 others like this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is nice to see this back! You might add...

-Falconer has Camouflage on base and as an upgrade.

Etherielin and Pedeguerra like this.
  3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Nice to see this back indeed. Sok to the rescue!

4. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Looking forward to this!

5. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

My jimmies are hoping further development of le Myx theme comes.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

1. Full faction ladders
    2. Bg specific champ upgrades
    3. Race/class archetypes
    4. Dow represented on the world map
    5. Auction house

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Statue of Xulos granting HP like it should. Bug report already filed.

Also, what constitutes a theme? Are only dev-approved themes up for review? Talking specifically about Meat here, but the same question applies to a lot of other unexplored Pox space that has thematic cohesion.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm interested how Noraweave is supposed to not be extremely overpowered. How I'm looking at it is that you start chaining it midgame to either gen a shitton of nora or deny a bunch of attacks. Since it's 25 nora, chaining isn't even hard. 3 attacks and it pays off. Seems pretty silly.

edit: can we look at reveal race as well? Getting up to 15ish runes revealed on the first turn is pretty silly.

SaintKiwi, Rokkushun and ptjimbo like this.
  9. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Hammer fell Lonx should probably be under watch as well. he has 51 base hp. attack frost. spur. quest: damage, block. a ranged secondary attack that deals the full amount of your accumulated damage and slows. and then of course, artic. basically he's pretty much a do everything champ at the moment.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Spur is spur. Permaslows are boss too.

Lonx just sitting on a lo of hp atm.

Poxlife likes this.
  11. Sokolov

Yea, there's a confluence of stuff that makes the Lonx what it is.

Spur actually got a cost increase with the expansion, tho perhaps it could use a tap as well.

Poxlife likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

At some point spur just needs a cap. I'm running 55 nora slashers into a few guys and all of a sudden im two shotting everything. Just feels a bit silly.

SaintKiwi, JaceDragon and ptjimbo like this.
  13. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

^^^
    This​

14. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Seeker abilities should have range reduction when entangled and be muted when surrounded. You need more defense against these.

15. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Sokolov,

I like you man.

drathys and Etherielin like this.
  16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Second @BurnPyro, Noraweave even at a first glance is an astoundingly strong spell. Even at a single round of duration it would be intimidating.

17. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

to a max of 2 which is +6 damage and +2 speed

18. Sokolov

So I understand why Noraweave is good conceptually. However, the fact is it doesn't actually DO anything in terms of the board - and the effect is entirely up to the enemy player. You pay, upfront, and go in the hole, then the enemy player makes a cost benefit analysis on whether to attack or not.

In the scenario where the enemy makes 3 attacks and you "gain" 5 nora, I'd argue it was a net loss for the casting player unless it actively prevented the enemy from doing something he wanted to do offensively.

mortal ix, Poxlife and doubtofbuddha like this.
  19. Sokolov

That could work. My initial thought was that a range reduction would be a "soft cap" but realistically, it shouldn't be allowed to stack more than two times probably.

Poxlife, drathys, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Citing something as a split-decision effect does not diminish its power. In this case, either effect a player is paying 25 nora for is more than worth it. Opponents should be doing cost-benefit analyses of every action you take; that such an analysis is more integral to this rune does little to disabuse its potential.

Similar arguments came up about devil's-choice problems with Doom when it first came out, although the dynamic differed slightly.

To hell with the board. A victory can be - often is - the result of an amalgamation of far more factors then simple presence. If anything, the material purity of Noraweave enhances its strength more than it detracts from it: nora is the most universal and easily-convertible resource.

That said, the rune may still be balanced. It depends on how everything shakes out after Ronin. The rune has an unstable element to it, but its real power is as-yet unknown. I just encourage that a serious eye be kept on it.