Ironfist New Rune Discussion

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

These are my opinions on them without testing any yet.
    Post testing edits and comments in RED

Amber Wing: C-
    Sucks. Too expensive for anything that it does.

Amethyst Wing: Grade: A- B+
    Looks like it will be a great addition to Wing Decks. Giving all your Sigil champs Vaporize and also access to anti-stealth via Static Greeting. Oh. He is a Paladin. Definitely a good champion but I can't see him being run more than 1x per deck.

Grintmaw Flamehurler: Grade B- C-
    Decent ranged unit for Grints. After getting some damage from Defiance he will be dealing some awesome damage. Downside is he gives your opponent nora every time he attacks.

Grintmaw Gravitone: Grade B+
    I feel like this guy will be a sleeper rune for us this expansion. Looks like he has a lot of cool toys.

Silverclan Purger: Grade A+
    Strong rune that gives struct decks some more alt damage.

Stasis Field: Grade A+
    If this spell works like I think it does it is going to be freaking OP. If you combo with other CC you can lock down your opponents runes for a long time.

Griffin Perch: Grade B-
    Good relic but may be a bit too expensive at 30 nora.

Rock Collection: Grade B+
    Decent equip and will synergize well with Grints but a bit boring.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Statis Field looks awesome. I am probably going to have to figure out a way to fit into most of my decks.

I like Griffin Perch. It may too expensive but it is a nice buff to Wing decks, and global mobility is pretty handy.

Overall it looks like a nice set of runes.

3. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Later the reason

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- First off Grintmaw art...eww.

- As for Amber Wing... All opinion based and could be off but he just doesn't seem relevant enough to be a tank unit for Griffs...not sure the enemy will care he's in their face and he can't make them stick really + cost...I guess you could go amp and drop auras..but can Wings really captilize on magic amp without enemy doing it better? Amethyst Wing looks more useful and could come in at a sexy 72 nora with greeting and defense...though deflect is appealing as well.

- Purger looks meta even without complex machine...alt range attack, gap close, speed hate all around great ranged punishment unit. In 'struct deck he will be 2x auto I'd assume.

- Perch ...ehh too expensive. Relics kind of have to be hearthy hps vs cost since your going to contest fonts with them 99% of the time... FW relics are just different so they don't count. I think the relic has to either be cheaper or lose mobility in favor of a more surprise deploy effect... Flying friendly champions in X spaces gain Y . As it is now, you want to drop this behind your shrine and I cant justify the cost of the relic for doing that and losing the nora and lack of reliable contesting.

- Rock collection, I guess this theme is needs some more gel..but surge:rock is what again? surge for champs on rock ... meh

5. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Damn stasis field is op.... at the start of your turns enemy champs that were in the aoe are stunned for the next 5 turns. Get defiling aura in there beat on them then before your last turn with it up bane blast them. They do get 1 turn to fall back and scatter then they are boned.

And why did SP get all the construct love? Someone will need to console @Grand General Mosh

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The new IS Exo is a pretty damned nice Construct

7. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Did constructs get an across the board cost decrease for losing one of their better abilities Construct Immunities?

8. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I didn't see that. It would see the answer is no.

9. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah that's a shame because the cost was added to them for the ability. Taking it away without compensation for the cost of the ability seems unbalanced to me. A lot like taking away the IS font bonus and giving us a weaker font bonus with no compensation of the weak FF bonus.

Let the age of Soko the terrible BEGIN!!

10. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

It's nice.... but look at SP's module. I'm just jealous is all.

They did drop about 2 Nora after most of the other abilities got a hike. in the end they are about the same where many other themes are gonna get a cost bump up.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

They will. Cost adjustments for base abilities didn't take effect for some reason.

12. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

It's okay. They made the Gravitone. My heart will go on.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I dig Purger. I have to figure out how i'm going to fit Amethyst into my Paladin BG.

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Is Gravitone still a B+ because you thought people wouldn't notice?

We did.

Man that thing is good.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Havnt seen one yet.

16. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Amber Wing is clearly the best one. Its sprite is pretty, so everything else is fine.

17. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Did yuo look at stasis field?

No bacuase it's borken with our new font bonus. I already see the nerf incoming that will shoebox it.

I'm happy about gravitone but the other troll is very wtfcrappyshittyterrible thing.

New pally looks cool though

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It's all hearsay but the rumor on the street is that the expansion patch was only Nerfs and Expansion stuff and that buffs will come if needed in the coming weeks. From what I have seen thus far IS is in a solid spot but it's still early. Keep in mind that just because some things are OP (Looking at you HammerLonx) does not mean that we need a buff to compete. It just means that they need a nerf.

19. Grand General Mosh

What IS the new font bonus, anyway. Just the rock terrain?

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Enemies cannot deploy relics in our fonts.

21. Grand General Mosh

I don't hate it.