Trying to get Myx to work, not doing well.

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by HiveLord, Jan 21, 2015.

1. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

Hello, I'm new to the Myx and the Sundered Lands.

I really love the theme of the Myx and they seem like they could have some potentially fun gameplay, it looks to me like they'd be good at attrition with all of that free meat. But I just can't seem to get them to work.

I've been messing around a little against random people but my games keep going the same. I rarely seem to do enough to kill something, even when I have two or three Myx on the enemy. But then, stuff happens, and it seems like I've lost half my bugs in a turn. So I send out the next wave and they're lost too. I seem to be losing at attrition. >.<

Here's my BG so far. I very much want to stay heavily in the Myx theme, but suggestions would be welcome.

[​IMG]

I used to play alot (mostly single player and casual games) back in the old days under a different name, but I still have access to those runes, so I can easily trade for whatever I need. (I don't think my days of single player are helping me much, lol) I had to come back when I saw Soko-bro was working on the game again. :)

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Start by dropping Sandspout, Myx Hive and Sand Generator. Just that should be a major improvement. Sandlions are just bad Slashers, cut those as well. Sphere and Rage Band stick out for me but whatever, it's nothing major.

You need range. Badly. 2 Kwing Alphas and your favorite ranged magic champ, something like Negation Mage or whatever works for you.

Sealer0 and Sirius like this.
  3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

#20sources to choose from.

(Is this joke getting old yet?)

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Never

5. HiveLord

I get dropping the Sandlions, and the Sand Generator.
    I'm a little less certain about the Myx Hive (since it seems to poop out budget drones), but why not the Sandspout? Isn't the Blind effect worth it?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Try Myx Pupae instead of Myx Hive, it's way more cost effective and you have more control on where you deploy them.

Sandspout is just a bad spell all around. It's a slot best used with a spell that actually does something instead of simply buying you a turn.

7. HiveLord

Fair enough, I'll make some changes and report back in a few days.

Thank you. :)

8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

You misspelled Beezick.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm using this right now

Myx.png

Honestly, broodlord is 1x. Sandlions are garbage. I don't like them fat spitters neither (especially with the cost increase now). You need to run 2x Hypno Myx, it's a great rune. Krikkingwing alpha is your range. Negation mage has magic damage and is baller (has scour too so works with Hypno Myx and Adamant).

Doctor is sweet support, I like the healing. Snogvie is OP. I started running snogvie over the dartwing, not sure if it's the better option. Dartwing just felt so uninpressive a lot of times.

Your spellset feels horrible though. Acidstorm 2x just cause the synergy with vigor: acid. 2x burning sands because 40 nora is loltastic. Hive, sandspout, all those other relics/equips I don't run, remove that.

You always need 1 DB, 1 quickening and 1 quicken in every SL bg ever. Sometimes 2 quickens, if you want. Antispells can save your ass. Magnetize for anti relic/equips. Dragonfear is useful cc. Battlefatigue is extremely baller when you going hard with 20 drones.

iiiioooque, Bondman007 and Tweek516 like this.
  10. Sirius

What upgrades do you run on Hypno Myx?
    Also, this is a really good chance to finally ask: how does one make the best use of Battle Fatigue?

No Purge. Huh. Well I guess with all the cheapness/drone spam... Speaking of which, why Hive over a Pupae? Can't the Negation Mages take care of Perseverance most of the time?

11. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Hive is always amazing, if you play SL and aren't running at least 1 hive, you're doing it wrong.

Bondman007 and SPiEkY like this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

• Scour 1 and siphon scoured (those are the basic ones, i think)
    • I just don't like purge. Sometimes I cry for not including it, but honestly, it's 50 nora. More often than not you better deploy a new champ and let some stuff die. It's a noob trap if anything.
    • Hive is your perseverence counter + contestfontrelic + detectrelicinfonts etc. It's a cheap finisher as well, pretty versatile.
    • Puppy is just expensive. I know movn likes them, but damn. I run 4 champs who Bane Shift them, I don't need to include 2 more runes for them. I find that often I don't feel like putting that nora in a summon. I'd rather save up and deploy champs. I spam Myxmom and Coordi anyway. I can deploy a slasher for 2 drones, dunno. If I had 40 slots, yeah.
    • Impenetrable >> negation mage.

• Battle fatigue: at the end of your turn (so you don't shoot yourself in the foot) when the other dude is obviously got a lot of AP on his champs and is about to bust. It also works really well to bait in people to try and hit and run with range only to find their range stuck and dead next turn. You wouldn't believe how many people have no clue what the Firk fatigue is/does.
    Hope that helps.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's sad how banner/hive are the only relics/equips I have ran in competitive decks for years.

14. Sirius

I know this has nothing to do with Myx, apologies for that, but I just wanted to show the bg I use real quick. I see no room for Hive, unless I removed a champion.
    (Don't tell me "remove Beacon". Don't do it!)

[​IMG]

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This is why I have a thread up in new player grounds bud.

Anyhow, what's this supposed to be? Random stuff, stuff you like? It's like dragons, but weird.

16. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

It's pretty much random goodstuff.

The sad thing is, that it will probably still work carried by maulers, krikkins and rumblers.

17. HiveLord

I won't be able to try it out until later today.
    But here's the modified BG. (I'm still working on the Snogvie)

[​IMG]

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

That's... rather champ heavy. You could start with cutting the Drones at the very least. 2x Brood is a bit much with all the fatties as well. Spitters don't have a lot of love but since you don't have hypnos they can stay for now.

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

cut a broodlord, a dartwing, a drone and one or two spitters for sure

20. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Are u running consume on Snog with all the free meat running around? And what about perhaps running 1x ravenspeaker for anti-summon and detection. In my last game I had a ravenspeaker nearly single-handedly shutdown a zombie bg.

BTW, thx for sharing Burn.