Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Create a copy of target non-Hero friendly champion.

DarkJello and Qucas like this.
  2. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I can already feel the EL spam deck being constructed.

3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov

You should watch Grintmaw Gravitone carefully. Font defender on a viable unit is a problem because it will lead to getting middle font and keeping it due to draw, and that nora advantage can easily win games, especially since you can keep the troll alive with spells and therefore keep the font forever.

In game example: My opponent goes first on the 5 font map with one in the middle and draws gravitone first. We both cap our close fonts but he (he goes first) caps middle font with gravitone before I can even get there.

I don't notice font defender and suicide my unit into his font only to be faced with him deploying a bouncer and singer on the font. My mistake for not noticing font defender, but I would most likely have lost anyway because of nora and positional disadvantage.

Edit: Stasis?

4. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Quick question: Why was the decision made to limit the number of Legendary/Exotic craftings? I'm sure there was one, I'm just curious what it is.

5. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

The spirit Projection thing sounds really cool but that's probably too poorly coded right now to be this flexible

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's mostly so that unforeseen events or problems wouldn't completely destroy the game economy.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I have been considering making Font Defender somewhat less binary.

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You say that like the game economy is somewhere near "healthy"

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Agreed on watching Gravitone, but not just because of Font Defender. Running him with impassioned means he gets a scary set of stats and utility for cheap.

10. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov Please make public the entire meta kids list. Inquiring minds.

The Ronin has been a trip so far. Forums are happening now. +1

11. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Please consider giving Stitched Seamstress Attack-Physical on base at no extra nora cost.

After Ronin, her cost went up 4 nora to 67 nora, while the cooldown of her bomb ability went from 2 to 3. Combine that with the nerf to Stitched, in that Stitched Remains are now considered summoned and can't contest fonts, makes Matriarch Sarinda cry.

Or just keep Stitched Seamstress as is, but with -4 nora to make her 63 nora, because having no basic attack is a huge drawback.

Skeezick, badgerale and Rokkushun like this.
  12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Its failing hard on the trolling troll stuck with channel dmg.

13. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

@Sokolov

Myx Hive is pretty broken btw , needs toning down..... the drones are insanely good..... spawns an egg every 2 rounds for 10 nora , they just overwhelm you at a really quick rate.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ye, as a fun fact: Brood Bond has almost 0 interaction with the Hive because of how the spawns are paced out. Which is a shame.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Endorse the type of changes to semi - specifically removing stats as part of the equation rather than modding cost - but would think that speed is a much bigger component of that than damage or defense. Even so, support that.

Would also like to hear the specifics behind the Boon/Bonus change for FW. The devil's in the details for those.

16. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

semi's/aquatics should probably just get the moga treatment. Instead of getting buffs for being near water they should just lose stats for not being near it. A shark isn't a terror on land that gets stronger in the water, it's a useless chunk of flesh that reaches it's dangerous potential once it's in the water :p

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I agree. Pretty much every game I've played against Myx has been over 40+ and if I don't have Sever Summons, I'm fighting drones all game.

What i'm wondering is, are Myx spawning too fast/easily, or is their survivability a problem?

Pedeguerra likes this.
  18. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

The issue is the drones are silly. all summons took stat reductions after the tree fiasco starting with the sapling. apparently drones haven't been touched but now fall into the same category as the saplings. heck even the shadowdancer in ud and the new fw exo don't create summons with full stats. its not suppose to happen anymore. the drones need to follow the same rule as the other summons do.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The thing is, drones are stronger than most because it took a lot more effort to summon them. There was no greenhouse that just spat them out.

Real talk, I'd rather have Myx Hive deleted from the game or just nerfed into unplayability. I refuse to run it and runes like these are a no brainer that sit in a font or shrine all game without taking much risks. You get a huge advantage for not doing anything and the cost is insanely low.