Dwlr's Sig Shoppe

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dwlr, Mar 10, 2014.

1. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Just what I had pictured in my head (with the lore being that Mena and the other heroes are absent for some reason). If you think a different image would work better I'm all for it. From what I've seen of your work your artistic instincts/talent is awesome.

2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Do you still have my old signature Dwlr?

3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

*If you don't respond before I'm able to work on it I'll start by rendering the images first, then if I get that done I'll use my best judgement if you still haven't responded, I can always tweak the result later.*

If you don't want text you don't really need a font. Due to the lighting on the Conqueror's art it's going to be pretty limited to a sunset scene to preserve the source material's integrity, I mean I can do a palette swap but the shadows and such are still going to be fixed for a sunset. As for the skulls of various peaks creatures I'd need the actual skulls to put them around the border and since I haven't been around for almost a year I have no idea if such images exist. Additionally the Conqueror's art work has his spear in the foreground and since it's overlapping it'd need to stay in the work as I'm not sure I can cut the piece in such a way that would make it viable for the Conqueror to be in the centre of the image otherwise. I can attempt to cover it with a different foreground object I just feel it wise to not mess with the foreground in this case personally.[/quote]

You can find the images for the skulls on the rune Skull totem. A sunset is a great theme. You don't need to the spear is great

4. Qucas

Qucas Guest

If I ask for something that isn't pox related, do I have to provide the images?

5. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Most of the things requested here have a very specific goal so it's pretty much just blending things together rather than creating anything, I'd not call that artistic instincts nor talent it's more just knowing how to use photoshop well enough to make some things look 'natural'

I'll see what i can do for a border using those, but there isn't too much to piece together a full border.

If it's a very specific character and you can tell me the name of the character and where they're from I can look around to see what I can find, there are quite a few pre-rendered images of various anime and video game chars so if I can find one already rendered it'd save me some work. If you want a specific pose though ofcourse you'll have to provide the image.

Vothsaire: I messed with some photos of the interior of a volcanoes and merged them with some custom rock textures on the side in an attempt to make it look more like a river of lava than simply the interior of a volcano, changed the coloring on the Vothsairs to fit the red lighting darkened a few things here and there added some glows etc etc, I left it somewhat lighter than it sounded like you wanted so you didn't lose the details on the Reaver since it has much stronger natural shadows. Anywho 'hope it comes somewhat close to the original request you wanted.

*These images are hosted on tinypic and they have a tendency to repurpose links which can end in explicit images after awhile so I'll eventually take them down, you should all be re-hosting on an account you own. Deviant art and photobucket are free.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

tytyty, still amazed at the talent you posses, good stuff.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

1) Aria, the Priestess in the middle of two Elemental Warstaff
    2) Text (Follower of the Inquisitor)
    3) Font (Whatever you think will be good. Nothing watery or squiggly but more medieval and strong.)
    4) Size (Signature size... im not too sure what size that is mate sorry but the same size as Karmas sig)
    5) Style (I want it to kind of resemble IS as a faction. I really dig the IS Banner.)
    6) Border (None, or just rectangular.)

Also if possible can you include this:[​IMG] in the bottom right or left?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  8. Vothsaire

Vothsaire New Member

Hey, looks good! All thought a few tweaks would make it awesome. Could you get rid of the white border on the top and bottom of the picture, they seem out of place. And maybe try for a different font. I don't like how the 'V' looks in that font. I could hardly tell what letter it is. Everything else is awesome. :)

Woffleet likes this.
  9. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I want Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon on the right, Erza Scarlett from Fairy Tail in the center and Mizore Shirayuki from Rosario + Vampire on the left.
    Want the background to be falling flowers and the text to read "Best girls of anime".

10. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

THe borde can just be on the right and left sides

11. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Can you create one which includes Coragh with a polluted martyr acting as a pet/dog of sometype (maybe on a leash) and then a FW angel stood by his side. As for the text can I have ''Firework Kimmy, coming to a graveyard near you'' in any font but smallish size text. As for the theme and border could you possibly make it so it has a dark and ghostly feel to it and then just round off the corners if possible? <3

Edit: I have no idea what render size is :L

12. gamer2009

gamer2009 The King of Potatoes

Yo Dwlr my man!

Can you please rip something out along the lines of:

Request Form
    1) Render/Image 2x Firk Mindcaller 1x Firk Mastermind
    2) Text (Nora Defenders - At All Costs)
    3) Font (Whatever you think will be good. Nothing watery or squiggly but more medieval and strong.)
    4) Size (Signature size... im not too sure what size that is mate sorry but the same size as Karmas sig)
    5) Style (Nora globe/font based theme please. Whatever you think is a good way to fit them in mate. Looking at other sigs I trust your judgement)
    7) Border (FS Swamp theme please.)

Cheers mate!

13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Going to get me a fancy outside of pox sig if you don't mind

1: now if you can, these boyz on the left, http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111012142151/d__/dow/images/0/09/Ork_warboss_art.jpg dem in mid, http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...attack3.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120214204344 and those boyz on the right side

2: IT BE TIME FOR A PROPPA WAAAGH! in the middle with the name: Warcheef - Blody Fleshrippa at the bottom right

3: http://www.dafont.com/elmarsscratchtype.font?text=IT BE TIME FOR A PROPPA WAAAGH!

4: size of karma's, I guess

5: If you could try and make those three images sorta blend in real nice like i'll be happy, oh and a tint of green withs splash of red or something. I trust you

6: I don't know if you can cut out the hud at the bottom or not to get the good wood + red theme going on for a border, if not then just get a nice wood + red (that made me laugh for some reason) border and add a nice little ram skull hanging at the bottom

Since to me this seems like a good but of work, I got me one of those fancy mega boxes if you have any requests from the new expansion? I ain't using anything except the UD stuff really so I would love to support.

14. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

3 gets a little crowded on a banner, but the pose of the Elemental Warstaff will help a bit, but still the text will have to overlap the renders. I can include the IS logo in the bottom, but it'll have to overlap one of the Warstaffs just due to the inevitable space issues.

Both incredibly easy fixes I'll edit shortly with the update.
    Edit:

Like I told Covah 3 gets a little crowded and anime characters tend to take up more space as they tend to have larger heads. I'm pretty sure I have a few renders of all of those characters so my concern is just about space as usual with requests with multiple focals.

That'll work much better since I can just take the skulls facing left and right and put them on the appropriate side.

I'm really just an image editor not exactly an artist, it's one thing to create abstract effects it's another entirely to make something that actually has to be something and create that. I can do custom backgrounds but most of the requests here are blending requests that merge runes with existing stocks, long story short I make no promises, but I'll at least attempt it.

3 focals like the other 2 requests will make it look a bit crowded by default. I'm also not sure I can pull off the theme you're asking since I don't see any images of Nora Globes/Fonts that could possibly be used as a base for the background. The best bet would to be use one of the various Nora based cards and try to turn at into something of a background. Nora Pearls might work or Nora Well.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111012142151/d__/dow/images/0/09/Ork_warboss_art.jpg < This image is way to small to be used for much of anything and depending on which orks you wanted out of the second image several of them are cut off on the right hand side.
    Which hud did you want cut out? If you can get an image of it I can look at it, but the request would still have to be modified a bit due to the nature of the focal images you wanted.

Remember Re-upload the tiny pic images aren't going to be available forever, tinypic repurposes links and can end in content that can easily get you banned if you use that link for an extended period of time, photobucket is free and you can even use deviant art as a free image hosting site to store these images neither should repurpose your links and you'll have them in your own account for later. I quit using my photobucket account for bandwidth reasons, but if you're just storing your own images there that shouldn't be an issue for any of you.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  15. Qucas

Qucas Guest

K, just do Erza and Sailor Jupiter then. One on the left and one on the right.

16. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

a friend of mine can clean up a pic of the HUD for me, as for the pics is there a certain size they should be that I should give you?

edit: I also seem to have forgotten to give you some pics

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Do you think it would look better with only one Warstaff and Aria? I'm not really creative/artistic so I have no idea how it will look. Do you think it would look better with two warstaffs and no IS emblem, or one warstaff with the IS emblem? Also, if the text overlapping is similar to Karmavore's that is fine. I just want the text to be somewhat in the center.

18. gamer2009

gamer2009 The King of Potatoes

3 focals like the other 2 requests will make it look a bit crowded by default. I'm also not sure I can pull off the theme you're asking since I don't see any images of Nora Globes/Fonts that could possibly be used as a base for the background. The best bet would to be use one of the various Nora based cards and try to turn at into something of a background. Nora Pearls might work or Nora Well.

Request Form
    1) Render/Image Ok mate can we use the Poxnora Ronin picture with the Firk Executioner? That pic is Boss.
    2) Text (FORGLAR faded into the background somehow and have the words - Nora Defenders - At All Costs in the foreground somewhere )
    5) Style (Nora globe/font based theme please. Whatever you think is a good way to fit them in mate. Looking at other sigs I trust your judgement)
    7) Border (FS Swamp theme please.)

Hope this helps! Cheers mate!

19. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

The general rule is that images can be shrunk, but cannot be enlarged. That image is already low-quality so enlarging it would make it a pixellated mess. I'd say a good size is about 300 x 300 for any character you want included in a sig i.e if the character takes up half the canvas of a 300 x 300 the character itself would be 150 x 150 and that's generally too small to render out and work with.

If I'm doing something for myself I almost always use a single render it gives plenty of room to get a background and potentially other effects, most of the requests here just want stocks in the background so 2 renders works fine, if you notice from Karmavore's sig with 3 they start to overlap with each other and that's a pretty large canvas size for a final sig on most forums. (I don't know if there is a limit here, but it used to be about 500 x 200 which is the cap I put on this shop when it was made back in 2014) I think due to the position of Elemental Warstaff and Aria you'd be better off mirroring one of them and putting them on the edges if you want the text on the inside, I might be able to do an armory type background using the Ironfist Emblem as a wall decoration on a castle's wall with the text somewhat overlapping that in the center so your two characters are left relatively alone.

I can cut the Ronin Pic as easy as I can cut out any of the other cards/runes so yes you can have those two no problem.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That sounds good to me. Just do whatever you think is best, as long as there is an Elemental Warstaff and an Aria in it i'll be happy.

Thank you!