Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Legitimate concern. If that is a problem, I don't think the way to address that would be through modifications to faction bonuses.

I would disagree that the difference between Faction and Theme is a purely nominative one, for two reasons. First, that faction bonuses exist and currently shape rune balance, and second that factions determine a BG's legality within the ranking system. In that case, themes are aesthetic and subjective groupings, where as factions are - at present, at least - clear and definite groupings that have a fundamental impact on the game.

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

You're right, SL has way too many different playstyles.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ima take a stab at this here faction bonus thing. @Sokolov

Protectorate Factions
    Wrath Factions

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    Rapidice likes this.
  4. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I'm definitely not making that argument. I'm just cherry picking examples of themes that don't adhere to the faction's general aesthetic/flavor/playstyle.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the incentive to play a split would be dictated by rune synergy, not bonus efficiency.

6. Ragic

I wouldn't know but I can imagine certain types of synergy only being possible or at least maximized with a split build. for eample.... rebuke + invig (assuming that still works). is that better in a ff FW deck ff IS deck or a split?

7. Ragic

ah i misread your post, nm.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

DMR has a good point. Perhaps we just remove split bonuses then?

9. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- That's a drastic decision, but in the future an argument could be made for picking ONE font bonus and ONE split faction bonus (this bonus could be not a straight 50% but possibly a bit higher since no mirror split to balance).

10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

This is strictly a theoretical solution without an actual practical one, but I think the way to achieve that is to make runes within a faction naturally work very well together to create a strong playstyle. The splits would offer options and more solutions to certain difficulties, but at the cost of being less tied together/harder to tie together.

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i cant believe we almost reach 400 comments in less than a week

12. Ragic

strong theme development encourages ff play. just keep making non champ runes that support the theme.

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I like the idea of only getting one bonus with splits. Make it so the split bonus matches the shrine. I also miss when the shrine was determined by the faction with the highest total nora cost instead of player's choice.

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

When playing a split, I prefer being able to choose which Avatar to use. Since I don't have UD or ST Avatars I tend not to use those as my Shrine when splitting with them.

15. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I'm onto you.

Etherielin, SPiEkY and KingJad like this.
  16. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Lost Dehydrate from base

Wait what why did you remove this from the game :(?

Leadrz likes this.
  17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You could choose, by how you built your BG.

18. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

At the risk of getting hate for this I think it should be the other way around. Hunter should be exclusive for Fae and surge on the rest of the champs. With things like living vines being thrown mindlessly all over the place I'm pretty sure making hunter the theme specific one would be the right call.

xezno, KingJad, IMAGIRL and 2 others like this.
  19. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Still think leaving access to Surge/Hunter makes for a boring +Dmg Equip, replace Hunter with Swordbreaker and give KF some spot removal.

20. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Soultapped from Nora Gem effects is permanent. It does not even go away if you leave the radius of the nora gem effect providing the soultapped or if the rune is destroyed. Is this intended? If it is intended is it a good idea?