Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

ssshhh

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Since I have Mark of Redemption I dont really consider Blizzard problematic but BC likely could use a 5 nora bump. If the proposed changes do happen though it should likely stay at 30. Similar to RD once it procs the usual practice is to just ignore the champ. Unlike RD though you don't take damage in return from the surprise. In this regard RD is better. However RD can be countered with melee champs. On the flip side BC can be countered by precision or ended early by expending attacks.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Even if there are too many to list, could we get a sampling of what these might be? Or an example of what an "experimental" buff would be?

4. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

In light of Deploy Charged being under consideration for change, most charge generating abilities (and perhaps charge consuming) should probably be reviewed as a whole.

Many charge generating abilities have a cost of 1-2-3, which is really absurd. Rank two generates twice as many charges as rank one, and costs only 1 nora more, while making whichever ability you are activating with the charges twice as usable.
    I'm talking about supercharged, death charged, spell charged, violence charged, abuse charged.
    Now this wouldn't be a problem if champions didn't get to select which rank of the charge generating ability they wanted. But they do (many champs have Death Charged 1-2-3 as one of their upgrade paths), and max rank is almost always the right answer.

There also isn't too much relative costing between the charge generating abilities. A little would do.
    Supercharged is by far the easyest way to generate charges, with no requirements other than turns ending and beginning, meanwhile Attack Charged and Abuse charged are probably the weakest because the champ itself is in danger. Yet, supercharged 2 and Attack Charged 3 cost exactly the same.

I feel like charge costs for abilities are fairly standard though.

Maybe it is more of a scaling issue? If Negation Mage had access to Death Charged 3 for 2 more nora everyone would be going insane over it

5. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

You used some twisting words here. Twice the number of charges, twice the cost: is how it is and said like that it does not sound as at odds as you framed it.

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

But still, 1-2-3 Nora per rank makes it an easy choice which to have.

2-4-6 or 3-6-9 would make the choice harder.

7. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

I'm tilting right now please remove that shitty map where you auto win if you play a flying as turn 1.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Snarling Tangle?

Etherielin likes this.
  9. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Yeah I think so. Just had it twice in a row. Really really tilting.

10. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

1) Don't buff stuff
    but..
    2) Don't nerf my stuff either

- We have achieved perfect balance...don't touch anything!! sorry couldn't resist

voodoov likes this.
  12. Sokolov

-_-

Etherielin likes this.
  13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, cause thats exactly what Im aiming for.
    Sigh

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- We are all aiming for perfect balance. Some people's aim is better then others

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Dont think thats ALL we are aiming for, but good thing the measure is coming from players with a clue, then. Right?
    Dont think so.

Edit: better THAN others. Jeez, learn to write. Also, go troll somewhere else, this thread is for good discussions, not jabs.

16. Sokolov

Take it to PMs please.

17. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Sokolov, I really dont think the KF bonus needs to be changed. For 1 it will take the KF players ages to get used to it, and then they will need super op champs to compete. Dont listen to players like meatman about balance he told me he knows nothing about it. Listen to players like me who always get the nerfs right. I got the SP nerfs right with voils, and I also got tales of valor, warogg and countless other op runes to be nerfed. I always get nerfs right, because although I may not always have the highest rank, I can reason things out and work out what is op and what isnt. I know for a fact that KF would be shoeboxed without their bonus.

SlickDragon likes this.
  18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

:rolleyes:

19. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I wanna join this :rolleyes: train!

20. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

This bothers me.