Question about backlash + soul tapped.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghklf, Feb 13, 2015.

1. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

You just need to possess the Champion you want to Nora Shield.
    As to Backlash and Soultapped: It's either WAI, then the wording is misleading and Backlash should be reworded, or it's not WAI, then the interaction should be changed.

Leadrz likes this.
  2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

"you monster"~ GlaDOS

iPox likes this.
  3. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

The way I see this combo, is that the champion taking the damage from soultapped IS generating nora, the owner does not receive this nora - but the opposing player does, so it is still technically nora generation, and makes for a nice combination deck.

So although this isn't technically a bug, its something thats a little open to more of a design focused discussion with Sokolov.

Keeper of memories not being countered by backlash IS a bug and we have a ticket for it, which will hopefully be fixed in the next patch.

4. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

So then the description of backlash needs updating.

Backlash reads it only hits champions that generate nora through an ABILITY, and Soultapped is a condition (applied by the Soultap ability, or other abilities).

IMAGIRL likes this.
  5. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I see what you're saying now, yeah thats something i'll have to refer to @Sokolov as its more of a design intention thing.

Nea and IMAGIRL like this.
  6. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

Cool, thank you for clarifying it.

7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

does the game actually distinguish between abilities and conditions? I think pretty much every icon on your champ is technically an ability. in the fire acolyte example given above charred is an exception stated specifically in the ability description.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

That example was terrible for his argument because it doesn't state "Whenever a champion takes fire damage from an ability." it states "Whenever a champion takes Fire damage."

9. Ragic

so I can go to poxbase and do a search on 'conditions'?

10. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Kinda.

https://poxbase.com/effects

I consolidate Conditions and Mechanics into a single list of "Effects" to keep things simpler, but I mark them appropriately. As far as the guts of the game go - Conditions are separate entities, independent from Abilities. They overlap in functionality since we can have temporary Abilities on champions, but that doesn't make those Abilities into Conditions. As @IMAGIRL pointed out - they even have different UI representations.

11. Ragic

just to be clear are conditions a tag that pox puts on them or one that you do?

12. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

The tag is my doing, but so is putting them on a single list. They are separate things and have separate API endpoints, I make one request to get all Conditions, put them into Effects tagged as "Condition", then fetch all the Mechanics with a separate request and put them into Effects without the tag.