Paladins

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Sokolov, Feb 9, 2015.

1. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Make it 3 turns (like rock defiance) and can work
    The nora cost?

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Likely 6-8 depends. 2 turn duration would likely be 6. 4 turn 8.

3. JaceDragon

7 and 3 turn? the 4th turn isn't necessary at all imo.

4. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

And the crowd goes crazy:
    "Easy fix! Easy fix! Easy fix! "

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I would tend to agree but Charge abilities in general are kinda being looked at. This would pre-emptively get rid of them while keeping Archangels function unchanged. It also gives cool synergy.

Rapidice likes this.
  6. Rapidice

My reason to prefer the easy fix is that the complete rework would take a considerable time to go live, and Paladins could receive some love now, after Charger Knigth got destroyed.

7. JaceDragon

But you can't deny that the complicated fix is more cool

Rapidice likes this.
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Bumping Markoth's suggestion for Inquisition to proc off Branded champs.

9. Rapidice

Yes, it adds a lot of sinergy, and defines even more the theme around healing.

10. JaceDragon

@Sokolov can we have with the right cost adjustment Trail: hallowed ground base on the angel of pretection? This in the light of the new change of the upgrades.

11. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov
    Can you get class paladin back on the fw troops so we can go back to making our split decks we ran for years thanks :) Ohh and make magnus and venger and souls trike guy runnable again

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    Thbigchief and JaceDragon like this.
  12. PentiumHosz

PentiumHosz The King of Potatoes

Paladins, Priest, Shamans, Kinda new to them. So far there fun. Vs UD/FW they should be better not op tho. As for branded if you nurf Angel. Champ hit bye this champ becomes branded. Then other champs might have ability like hunter branded. So for 4 turns you can do more damage that's like 2 turns. Unless they cleans. As for the whole Paladin theme a better idea is they need. Vs FW/UD Paladins should scare them more then any other faction. Not just because you heal. Because there the perfect counter to FW/UD i know most players of them factions might hate this idea. Its like example running 2 Council Elders one with Hunter Unholy and other Hunter Dragonkin. Just so you have 1 powerful champ vs one type of enemy. Id say can't make paladins op. Well at same time there has to be cheaper options that work. Sometimes the cheaper your champs the better as long as they do what they do best. Example paladin A attacks champ Branded. Paladin 2 attacks Branded Champ does extra damage somehow maybe like wounded so brands stacks. So 50% more Also if target is a demon or undead they gain wondering for 2 turns. Example wondering might be a bit op. But we are talking about 1 champ here not 2 or 3 at once.

I just started play paladins. Priest and Shamans need to be in the mix also. Paladins do they need ranged champs. Sure they do also they need to support each other. Funny side note is that there are 6 paladins in Sunderland's so its possible to make a team with them. Split IS/SL might work. Problem is there is lots of equ magic to be used. Maybe a Paladin with detect. Or Branded champs cannot turn invis. sort of like blooded champs. Maybe some sort of nora gen would be in order. Like whenever a branded champ is hit. They gain 2 nora enemy loses 2 nora. Just ideas. Just that demons and undead would be more scared of Paladins priest and shamans. Example #1 FW champs have fearless that's why i suggest wondering. So then paladins don't have to worry about that champ for a bit and can work down others. Demons are diff story effect vs both would be same once Branded next hit wondering. 3rd hit Hunter branded each effect last 4 turn. I mean like there just ideas. As for vs all other factions not quite sure how this would all pan out. But for sure vs FW/UD paladins should be better then vs all other factions. Even there own. Back to perfect counters. Example server summons vs myx wins Ravenspeaker vs myx also wins most of the time. Each hit vs same champ. Makes that champ maybe not gone that turn but possible useless next turn. So that they can ignore that champ for a turn.

I like the idea of each hit doing something good for the paladin player. Branded good wondering good because fw is fearless only real way to do it then hunter branded to last champ that hits. So on next turn it gets hunter triggered. Not sure how long hunter branded would last. Does take what 3 champs to make it happen. Sort of a build up team play. And most times champs that are 1 champ that can handle 1v1 wins. Paladins should be the best team players. Kinda like draksars but diff story there. Diff effects are what is needed to make paladins fun. Attack A does this Attack B does that Attack C does this and Attack D Could be something really good happens for the paladin player. Example of order does not mean this will happen. I am no expert on paladins so let me try to be fair.

First attack branded. 2nd attacks wondering. 3rd attack hunter branded. 4th attack ? not sure. 5th Attack odds are champ would be gone. Maybe an effect if you destroy a champ that's branded. That champ heals 25% of enemy's nora cost Example.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Further clarification on Holy Blade to prevent global heal spam power-turns.

Edit: Alternate version similar to Nora Vitality
    which opens up the door for Unholy Blade for FW Paladins and the such.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  14. Ujelly

Omg unholy blade sounds dope!

15. JaceDragon

cool the unholy blade, but yes LoL is too strong

16. Ujelly

Hey I'm not an is player generally but can you guys throw some big support for the adding of class paladin and buffing magnus and venger for fw. I really loved the whole split. It was awesome and fluff tastic. I really miss playing them and not sure why it got hosed. So whoever you upper echelon IS players are can you hook a broski up and put in a word. Thanks guys :)

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Rapidice likes this.
  18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

We dont have any anti-nora gen in IS anymore. Can anyone think of a common/uncommon that Backlash would fit on?

19. Rapidice

The first one that comes to my mind, is Exorcist. Replace Conduit with Backlash, Conduit never worked and seems that it will never be fixed. It could give love to a rune that has been useless almost since release.
    Ironfist Agent could get Corrupted Nora in one of its upgrades, really miss that niche it used to have in IS.

Edit: When i said Exorcism, I wanted to say Conduit. The ability that reduces global damage by 40% and dredirects it to him.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Man, I just realized how expensive Crusader is for what he does... Even with that -3 nora he's still too expensive imo.