Poison deck

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by GemmaXylia, Jan 27, 2015.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

New relic! FW will only destroy you 80% of the time. xD

Still, looking forward to trying a poison deck again, now that there is atleast a little something you can do vs FW/constructs

2. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

You can do a lot vs constructs, since they lost Construct Immunity

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I found Poison very vulnerable to onerounding. It lacks some powerturn mechanic or extra mobility, or extra defense to counter power turn. I don't know.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  4. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

In a roundabout way:

Problem 1: the relic (in fact the theme in general is probably too reliant on relics and equipment). it has to be drawn. people are spamming relics still against poison knowing they can stall the game. even if the relic is in play it can still be difficult to focus fire relics and champions you need to one round in, just that, 1 round. consider alpha krikkenwing and something like beacon been on your font in the same turn. it raises a conundrum you cant really solve. you need to get rid of the beacon but if you do you have to use the relic again for the krikkenwing and then possibly a third for another relic or to finish the krikkenwing and that's the swamp warts gone and there isn't enough room in the bg to include 2 of them.

Problem 2: Rune diversity, there are very few poison units. most are similar in role to one and other. most of them are incredibly squishy and don't compete without amp against a lot of other runes that start with higher stat totals from the outset. (which is really one of the biggest issues with balance). To get to the same damage for example, you require a bigger investment of Nora. And this contributes to the problem in two ways. firstly you have to draw said runes like the foulest mushroom, failure to draw said runes leaves you at a disadvantage, you also need a rune that deals poison. the longer this goes on, the larger the divide between you and your opponent grows.

The other problem is cost. its not efficient to spend 30 Nora on the foulest mushroom and 66 on a Spitter for a total cost of 96 nora just to deal the same damage as , for example, vindrax who costs 3 less nora and has a better set of abilities to boot.
    Thankfully the relic is hopefully a 1 time investment but usually it gets removed from play very easily due to its range restriction which requires it to be played near the frontlines, which then leads to other problems as ultimately the relic creates the power turn but it only creates a power turn where you match your opponent. you don't better them. 1 for 1 exchanges tend not to win many games.

Problem 3: Maps. If you have to divide the poison units in 2 that creates another problem, the mushroom only has 6 range and the dragons have 6 range. you cant really keep everything in lots of different places. Even forglar doesn't have the required nora and the theme pretty much demands that you keep your units together to maximise its damage.

5. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

It does seem very ampable with fun synergy, im considering giving it a try

6. TheBulwark

Relics could get annoying, but no matter what deck you should run alt damage, and now swamp warts can provide this if you dont want to include alt damage champs

7. TheBulwark

Screenshot_2015-02-19-14-48-09.png Here is my poison deck, its been going really well about to test with mireoak and may run it in ranked. When boon gets dropped I can see poison being top tier with all the amp and cheap champs. Feel free to comment or copy if you want to test

8. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

tried to Mireoak before and it is lackluster... :/
    I like running Marsh Warden for potential Detection 2. Looking at your setup he would be 82 Nora with Flanking.

9. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

you need muck dragons

10. TheBulwark

Muck dragons are mediocre, 5 speed and foulest shrooms and the revolting fenteks have been enough

11. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

... they're cheap, flying, 9 dmg aura.. but your loss :D

12. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Muck dragon is like the foulest mushroom which flies, moves around and has crazy aura.

Revolting fentek is good, though.

13. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Its 8 damage with choking aura