Quality of Life Changes!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Feb 26, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

So there are a lot of things we would like to see done to the game. Some of these are Quality of Life options. Instead of asking the programmers to change things one by one, and get feedback on each individual idea. I thought it would be nice to have a list they can check, comment, and add to the game at their whim. Maybe we might see a QoL patch one day with some of these suggestions in it.

Post any others you can think of.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Leadrz, mw24, Capricis and 3 others like this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

List:

General:

• Linux/Mac versions back (Java and Java FX are now compatible with Pox requirements), it would help a lot in increasing the player base.
    • There should be a "are you new or not" kind of pop up that can apply different default settings. I.E. Hide Public Decks, Disabled Tutorial, ect...
    • Not enterily sure where this should got, got a suggestion, tell me.

2v2:

• Either make it tougher for people to spam every single person person in the lobby with a 2v2 group request or grant the ability to turn requests off without having to do it every time you log in.

Dailies:

• On the dailies, change the description to say "Win two games with Faction" instead of "Play two games with Faction", or change it so games that are lost count towards the total.

Forge:

Forge limit removed. (If this stays, we would like to be able to see how many we have already crafted. E.G. "You have crafted 4/6 for this week.")
    Mass Sharding Script (The ability to shard large quantities of runes at once.
    Sort runes in the forge by ascending CP totals. (Clicking through to find the ones you want to shard is annoying.)

Graphics:

• An option to switch on/off the new graphical effects (some graphical cards can't handle them properly).
    • Icons visible for all the terrain types when switching to map grid mode (eventually, make them a bit smaller).
      • Hopefully these will also update their icons based upon terrain changes from spells, and abilities...
    • * Fix the "Lava Pit - Underdeep" map for the "low-graphic mode", because it's ugly with no lava on it.

Guild:
    Rune Loan System

Gameplay:
    Mulligans... (For first turn draws)
    Nora Globes: Make them display their worth after pickup, or in some manner.

Marketplace:

• Faction Specific Packs, and Boxes. (I am sure we would all be willing to have higher ratios on this for Gold, and $$$, as it is more specific.)
    • Tradable Gold.

Icons: Either bring back the old Sword Icons, or something new.

Rune Manager:

Battlegroup:

• BG Sharing (The option to "send" the bg to someone. NOT the actual runes, but they layout.)
    • BG Specific Upgrades (The ability to have the same rune in 6 BGs, with different upgrades in each one at the same time. Just in case it was too vague.)
    • Stat Charts #wenerds

Filters:
    • Ability (Let us search for specific abilities.)
    • Current BG
    • New Runes
    • Nora Cost
    • Deck Limit (The ability to see all runes that have a certain limit at once)
    • Public BG's (Let us have a toggle to see the Public BGs we have access to.)
    • Recently Updated (Option see the runes that were affected by the latest patch.)

Rune Checklist:
    The Races are not alphabetically in order.
    The Classes are not alphabetically in order

Single Player:

• Improved AI
      • Simply put, it's not teaching new players good habits, and it's too idiotic to be of any help in helping them learn even the basic of tactics.

Stats:

Player to Player stats. (Win/Loss Ratios against specific players you have fought, ect...)

UI Stuff:

The ability to see your Shard, Gold, and Owl Credits count next to your username on the Poxnora homepage. Clicking it will redirect you to the associated pages.

Chat Tabs:

• The option to open a tab instead of PMing someone. (Right click on a name and select "Chat with" which would create a chat tab you can send messages to that person.)
    • Disable chat option. For both entirely disabling chat or only seeing guild chat and such.
    • TIME STAMPS. I'm sure we are all tired of responding to old messages that are no longer relevant.
    Commands:
    • /afk (Example)
      • Possibly something appearing next to your name. E.G. (Rank) chickenpox2(AFK)
    Friends.
    • A Friend tab so you can see which of your friends are on, and what they are doing.
    • The ability to right click, and add someone to your friend list.
    • AN actual friend list. Seriously. The buddy list can jump off a cliff with legos duct taped to its feet. Cruel, and Unusual just like the buddy list. Fitting no?
    • The option to see where your friends, are and what they are doing. (Similar to the /who function)
    Layout.
    • Integrated database of information.
      • Runes, Abilities, Conditions, and Mechanics. The content from Poxbase would be a good start.
    • Universal Clock
      • A universal clock. It doesn't matter which time zone it's set too. Just a clock that is available on both the forums and game client that we can organize events and patches and tourneys and such around without the need to use a time zone converter.
    • A popout option for the Combat Log.

Fixes:

• Avatar EXP post game when reached level 50 is shown weirdly, the bar is neither full or empty.
    • On the Rune Manager, if you view the runes by list, legendary runes show up as "premiumedition" with grey color text and limited runes show up as "limitededition" but with green color text: So reverse the colors, add a space between the words "limitededition" and rename "premiumedition" to legendary.
    • When you view your runes by list, and hover over their upgrades (without clicking on the rune), some upgrades show their rank number in parenthesis and some not; for example my Lichling with Initiative 2 shows just "Initiative" on the pop up when I hover over the upgrade, while my Utterdark Soulrender with Initiative 2 shows "Initiative (2)". Happens with many other abilities too. And it doesn't have to do with whether the champion has many ranks of the ability available (both aforementioned champs have both Initiative 1 and 2 as possible upgrades).

Completed:

Chat:
    Global Lobby: Thanks @Moles ;)

Rune Checklist:
    * Runes. Get rid of them. They mess up my beautiful checklist. Thanks @Senshu :)

User Interface:

A-Z Battlegroup fix. Thanks @Moles :)
    Que Match Button Fix Thanks @Moles :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Have a "New Runes" filter in the Rune Manager and a "Current BG" filter in the Rune Manager.

4. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I miss the "current BG" filter - Bring it back!

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

can we make it so we can see the public decks in the rune manager?
    They can be locked but i want to know what i'm running that would be real nice
    On top of that make an indication that bg is available this weeks rotation so new player can be aware that they have acess to that bg

Valkyr likes this.
  6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Better in game chat options.
    Right click on a name and select "Chat with" which would create a chat tab you can send messages to that person.
    Disable chat option. For both entirely disabling chat or only seeing guild chat and such
    Easier seeing which of your friends are online.

jayscales1, JoshBot and chickenpox2 like this.
  7. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Being able to place more than one marker of the same type, sometimes there are more than one unit you want to tag with the same icon.
    A new kind of marker, that permanently shows the attack range of the unit, so its easier to calculate threath range.
    Being able to place markers in observer mode.

The game checking if a unit has mobility, so you don't need to move it square by square to go around an enemy.

Leadrz likes this.
  8. chickenpox2

yea that would be good but not everyone uses is it. I only use these tools for 2v2 battle mostly

9. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I don't know if this is happening for everyone, but in-game the chat tab in lobby is partially hidden at the bottom of the screen. You end up not being able to see the flashing red lettering indicating someone has posted something. It also messes with your writing of messages, since you are unable to see what you're writing; the chat bar is hidden by the bottom of the screen. Strangely, this doesn't happen while observing or playing a game, only while you're in a lobby.

10. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Uh

[​IMG]

That works pretty well.

mortal ix, drathys, Valkyr and 5 others like this.
  11. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Mass Sharding Script (Non buggy version, sorry poxbro's)
    Old Ranking Icons/New Ranking Icons
    A guild Loan system
    Gold being tradable
    More player stats (mainly head to head)

12. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Shoebox.

bambino and OriginalG1 like this.
  13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

14. JoshBot

JoshBot New Member

Along this same line of thought, it would be nice to have a Friend List somewhere instead of inputting slash commands to see who is online.
    Actually, pretty much every "console-style" slash-command could be taken out and replaced with a mouse command, button, menu option or right-click/context-sensitive clickable space and I would be happier for it.

Additionally, is there some way to filter the combat log? Or audit what goes into it? I'm a new player and when something happens that I don't understand, and I see "Bot5529 casts Spell_2&33" or some other weird placeholder, I have no idea what the hell that's supposed to mean.

15. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

This would be swell!

Also, does anyone else have a problem with the chat when in a match, where the chat background only covers like half the chat, making the other half unreadable?
    That seems pretty big.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cleaning up all the hanging xxnameof.something.orother that's out there. For instance, Soul Bond current produces a global effect with a placeholder description, and many of the awards from completing dailies are in a similar state.

17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I recently got a 2nd Birdman just because I was tired of switching (and forgetting about it) his upgrades.

That sucks.

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

BIRDMAN

THE GUY THAT THROWS BIRDS

IMAGIRL, Pedeguerra and SPiEkY like this.
  19. JoshBot

JoshBot New Member

Also many of the daily quests have a description of "Play two games" and nothing further, so you have to know the faction icon to know what to run to complete it.

Valkyr likes this.
  20. chickenpox2

well that's true but they do of you hover over the box give a discription