No seriously, NKD is silly - 8 nora

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

WAIT GUYS WE CAN'T NERF HALLOWED GROUND CAUSE CRUSADER IS ALREADY SHOEBOXED. PLZ STOP. HALLOWED GROUND IS FINE OR ELSE CRUSADER WOULD BE TEARING UP THE META.

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Wait! so are we bringing back Train: Nohkan Do or not?

3. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

fixed

limited meta:eek:

Shadowstriker

exotic meta
    Guide
    Ferren Wanderer
    Firk Paraform (you'd see him with NKD if FS meta wasn't crutching so hard on Moog totes balanced Gargantua, angels and Kartch for sicknasty Void Shield stacks)

not played unless nkd bg
    Adherent
    Apprentice
    Ferren Brawler
    Ferren Master
    Contained Thrall
    Grandmaster
    Ferren Pouncer

Vashal Eremite
    Ferren Assassin

go away :oops:
    K'ento
    K'ento
    Mindstriker
    Warfoot

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I use the 59 nora Nohkan do dude in my Frost BGs.

KingJad likes this.
  5. KingJad

K'ento with double love

6. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

khong monk doesnt have arctic so he isn't in the discussion

7. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

i keep saying the same things over and over but people keep arguing against something that was already answered

No one would complain about NKD if shadowstriker didn't exist

No one plays 90% of NKD champs

NKD isn't fun to play

NKD isn't fun to play against

NKD isn't BROKEN, it's SITUATIONAL STRONG

Shadowstriker without NKD is strong, with it it goes BROKEN

Guide is the only other NKD that you could argue is strong, but not because of NKD but because it summons.

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

If you say so.

Sealer0, claydude5 and SPiEkY like this.
  9. KingJad

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This is about NKD, get your zealotry out here.

Nobody is crying about ST, ST just happens to have a lot of NKD champs. Holy hell you've got your head so far up your ass you're trying to talk sense to your own mind.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Would people be upset if it went back to being dodge and block in a package? It would require recosting I think but there would also be the two ranks giving the chance to make the various nkd champs feel a little different ( or with how upgrades are done now days it would be a whole upgrade tree ) but it would remove some of the annoyance while running a nkd bg, distracted would still help counter it and no one is saying that dodge and block are over powering.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If given a +6-8 nora cost for rank 2

13. KingJad

the thing is then they are paying less nora for dodge and block and that'll be another complaint then nohkan do will end up being 20-25 nora for block 2 and dodge 2. Giving it existing abilities would result in people comparing it to those abilities and using basic math to come to the conclusion nohkan do is undercosted (which is would be if it ends up being 8 nora for block and dodge 1 and 12-14 nora for block and dodge 2).

14. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Make it work like a combined block&dodge and let it cost 150% of block/dodge. This is fair as with block & dodge, u can block one melee AND one range attack, with Nokandoo, you would be able to block one melee OR one ranged attack.

15. KingJad

:rolleyes:

16. polltroy

Ands u can not judge if an ablitiy is fair costed ornot based onthe Champs it is on. Assume Nokando was a 8 nora upgrade ability. Would you Always choose it on your other Champs instead of whatever they have now? If the answer is yes, then definately its OP and wrong costed. Can you even think of any of your top champs you would not choose Nokando if you could? Is there any sitiation where you rather keep that 2 ap than to Dodge another attack?

17. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

So your plan is to increase all Nokhan do champs by 22 nora? Yeah, that will totally keep them out of the shoebox.

KingJad likes this.
  18. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Polltroy is like the Joker, he has no plan.

19. polltroy

No, i said let Nokand be 150% of block/dodge, that is the cost of one of them. So it would give 15 if for instance block cost 10.

20. polltroy

That was based on letting Nokando become like block&dodge combined, that is to block one melee OR one ranged attack for free, not one of each like if you have block and Dodge.