Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

Stealth nerfs? Coragh to Deck Limit: 1?
    No mention of that in the patch notes...

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

"Nerfs?"
    Amuse me more.
    But yeah, is this a thing on named runes now or just for the old 150ks?

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Too lazy to look but according to OriginalG1, all the 150ks besides Magnus are 1x

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Same with Sixul, and I imagine Shallaxy and the gang, though I haven't checked.

EDIT: Cydna beat me to it.

5. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

Well, it technically makes it so you can't play 2 in your deck, and it wasn't posted.
    What else would you call that other than a stealth nerf?
    I'm not even talking about whether it was warranted or not (it was).
    Please enlighten me, oh wordsmith.

6. Pedeguerra

Not a nerf because they were meant to be ran that way, and its healthy for the game.
    So Id say its a "stealth buff" to the game.

7. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

No difference between "buff to the game" and "nerf to stuff I dislike".

I dislike these kind of arguments.

Netherzen likes this.
  8. Pedeguerra

Huh, acctually man, if you look around you will find that in this particular instance I think that 90% of the players think you should only be able to run x1 named rune in any bg.
    But yeah, bottom line its my opinion.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I have no opinion, although I will enjoy not having to play vs 2x coragh/sixul.

10. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I understand the incorporeal change is coming but please compare thornflinger to firk botanist.

Vaporize hardly helps botanist with how squishy he is anyways.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We apologize for the limit change not showing up in the notes!

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Is there any particular reason why 3 of the 8 Maljaran Frontier Legendaries are now Limit 1? (Or why 5 of 8 are limit 2?)

Berkchani was Limit 2 until just today, and if the idea is to switch them all, you're still missing most of the others.

Mika, Torien, Korsien, K'aeyun, and Anaru are all Limit 2, while Berkchani, Malandur, and Zedin are Limit 1 (pretty sure the latter two have been for limit 1 for a while).

13. Pedeguerra

Probably an overlook.
    I think the consensus is that: if it's named, then you can only have x1 in your bg.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Sokolov

As I said before, the system is not very easy to use and it's pretty difficult to find them all (I have to click page by page and find the names... which don't match the rune name half the time), and we'll adjust them as we find them.

I changed the rune limits of many runes, so I really hope I haven't missed "most." Ugh.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

What is with giving things in IS Barbarian when they do not deserve it?

bar·bar·i·an
    ˌbärˈberēən/
    noun
    noun: barbarian; plural noun: barbarians
    1. 1.
      (in ancient times) a member of a community or tribe not belonging to one of the great civilizations (Greek, Roman, Christian).
    adjective
    adjective: barbarian
    1. 1.
      of or relating to ancient barbarians.
      "barbarian invasions"

I am seeing Paladins, and 'Dwarfs' Priests becoming Barbs? Did they suddenly separate from the 'church' in the Poxnora story. Is there a Fan Fic I am unaware of?

Inquisitor Isran.... Really? (There are more)

What's with these changes? Is it in relation to the next expansion? The Anti-Paladins? Garmolen or something?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  16. Sokolov

So here's the thing.

Humans were not supposed to be a thing in Ironfist, they were all supposed to have died or mutated in SL.

Somehow they got snuck back in, and when DOG took it back the Humans in IS reverted back to Barbs.

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I can understand that, but the correlations of what should be just messing with me. I can not see Isran, Northern Cross Priestess, Vengent Knights ect as Barbs. The very definition defies it. On top of that. They can now be used in full synergy in the Barb theme with they have no real reason to be there. They are knights of the church. The Barbs denouce the church. They would never associate unless it involved steel through the others gullet.

I am honestly not so sure why I detest this change, but I do detest it. That is for certain.

18. Sokolov

Pox has never followed traditional fantasy fully. Do you also dislike the fact that Cyclops in Pox are intelligent?

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

There were wise Cyclops. Off the top of my head, I can only think of the 'slow' one in the Odyssey, but there are intelligent ones in other lore.

I am not saying that it should fully follow fantasy. Just that if your going to put Barbs, and Paladins together. You might need to change the Paladins to Heretics. Honestly I wasn't even considering the fantasy role of it. I was considering the very definitions by which they are categorized as. (The church is the one who made this definition.)

The Paladins who go by the church, are now just as 'barbaric' as the humans who do not believe in the church.

(This is not a religious thing, I am an atheist, for the record. The Bibles, overall policy of teaching kids not to be an ******* is something I do admire though...)

IF we are going to be on the fantasy too though. Why can Isran, a knight of the church lead the 3 barbaric clans when they have entirely separate views? Norther Cross Priestess sudenly decide to leave the churches in the mountain stronghold, and join the plains savages as they roam about?

20. Sokolov

There are Dwarves and Barbarians.

Dwarves and Barbarians have their own families and clans.

Paladins, on the other hand, along with organizations such as Northern Cross and such, take in various people, dwarf and barbarians alike.