For The Love of God, Nerf Deploy Charged!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by potatonuts, Mar 9, 2015.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Really i hate to be the guy to make the QQ post but Deploy Charged is just ridiculous and the fact that the Death Charged mechanic got hit last patch and this got left a lone is something of a wonder to me.

Any unit with this on a first turn deploy is practically a draw win, Jakei Elementalist more or less turns into an omnipotent being if deployed on the first turn and completely dominates entire games simply because he does not run out of charges, ever!

Proposed solution; delete it from the game and replace it with a method of gaining charges which involves more than sitting there doing absolutely Firk all and getting charges for free.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Dhamun likes this.
  2. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

According to Midterm patchnotes:

Deploy Charged (rank 3)
    • Nora Cost increase (+3)
    Deploy Charged (rank 2)
    • Nora Cost increase (+2)
    Deploy Charged (rank 1)
    • Nora Cost increase (+1)
    Get your facts right

3. potatonuts

I'm talking about the mechanics of the ability not the cost death charged no longer gains charges from summons etc which were the primary source in themes which relied on it.
    I realise i could have been more clear but that doesn't justify you acting like an arrogant ****, if you had something to contribute you could have done so nicely.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Its also annoying that Deploy Charge gains charges from its own deploy.

hfok, SPiEkY, Lushiris and 3 others like this.
  5. potatonuts

Didn't even pick up on that, give it the irelia treatment!

6. Mausini

The nora cost of Death Charged was adjusted like they did with Deploy Charged. No mechanic was changed. That makes your first sentence double wrong... sorry to say this.

"I lost to threads" tend to be not very objective at all. Just wanted to point that out.
    But I agree with Markoth. Gaining charges on self deploy feels wrong.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Guys, this is easy to counter:
    don't deploy anything!

Dhamun, Qucas, SPiEkY and 3 others like this.
  8. potatonuts

Yes it was, you no longer gain charges from summons when they die, which you would know if you had the attention span to make it to the end of my previous post. So if we are talking like idiots, that would make your post what, 'triple wrong'?

Really i tried to start a constructive debate, not a childish ***** fight. Please refrain from posting any more bullshit.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Sealer0 and charlieriot like this.
  9. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

That, in particular.

10. Mausini

Hmm cant find other changes than nora adjustments in the patch notes. Would you mind posting them?

Anyway. There are 5 champs right now with Deploy Charged:

Chronomancer (2 - 1) Maljaran War 67 Legendary ST
    Jakei Elementalist (1) The Ronin 68 Common ST
    Keeper of Memories (3 - 2) Broken Shard 96 Exotic ST
    Tortun Portalmage (1 - 2) Maljaran War 70 Rare FS KF
    Vex (2 - 3)

The following are not a issue according to what the community is discussing:
    • Chrono
    • Portalmage
    • Vex (Not anymore)
    Problematic champs according to the community:
    • Elementalist
    • Keeper
    Keeper received a big hit in the last patch. I don't know if he still is a issue but I would say Unleash Memories is the main problem with him and need to be adressed. 6 nora is ridiculous undercosted and the "loose nora" part of the ability is much to strong.

What is left?
    Your constructive "Deploy Charged is to strong" thread is a "nerf Elementalist" thread in reality.
    While I agree that Elementalist needs a tone down I do dislike the detour via Deploy Charged. Name it as it is. Elementalist is the problem not Deploy Charged.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. potatonuts

Oh so now you'd like to have a friendly discussion would you?

The change was not in the patch notes.

What the community is discussing is not really an indicator of how strong something is in game.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Too much passive aggressiveness up in here. Two options:
    A) Fight to the death and the winner can stay.
    B) Make out and get it over with.
    Choose wisely.

13. potatonuts

I choose pistols at dawn

14. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I vote for make out. But I usually do.

15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

maybe they could make it like this
    Deploy Charged 5 Nora Rank 1
    After 3 champion is deployed from the runedock, this unit gains a charge.

Deploy Charged 10 Nora Rank 2
    After 2 champion is deployed from the runedock, this unit gains a charge.

Deploy Charged 15 Nora Rank 3
    After a champion is deployed from the runedock, this unit gains a charge.

so it becomes easier to gain charge per/champion with increasing ranks to limit charges gained by champs

Most champions will have 1-2 only some should have rank 3

Dhamun likes this.
  16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I don't have a problem with deploy charged at all except on keeper, and even then it's only because unleash memories causes your opponent to lose nora also which is just silly. I don't see what other champs deploy charged is tearing it up besides maybe jakei elementalist and he is really easy to kill.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Having and storing charges are not an issue since charges don't really do much on their own. The issue is their combination with Charge spending mechanics.

18. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

the issue is recharge with 0 Ap cost

nuff said

19. Mausini

I don't know what your problem is. Your first posting contains wrong informations, I criticized that. After that you start calling me arrogant and so on.
    I even apologized for the intervention.

And I do apologize again. Sorry if you are upset because of something. But in my eyes this here feels a lot like a ragethread regarding 1 specific champ. And I do agree with that. Elementalist is a problem. But Deploy Charge 1 is not the problem.
    Perhaps you want to talk about Recharge?

super71 likes this.
  20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Honestly every champ that has had recharge has become broken at one point or another, see nectar fairy before. Recharge just does to much on the champs the ability is on but at the same time who would run jakei elementalist if he didn't have recharge ?