Royal Geomancer Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Mar 11, 2015.

1. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

im sorry markoth, i always respect your point of view but this time i disagree, geo and flux are perfect, dont ever touch the over efficient state, thats because you need a hole positioning and almost a focus bg on this combo, shockwave can be counter very easy, of course new players and maybe some experienced players will lost to this, but its a combo. we dont have any source of relocation and almost any crowd control appart from bombs on brewmaster and other minor champs, also shockwave fit perfect on IS style

2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I agree with nico, it's funny to play and to play vs. I played only two times vs a geo, one time i killed him and wrecked the combo bg, the second i got an unlucky draft, he wombo combo me, funny see thing explode. He still lost but it was funny and glorius.

The second suggest @Markoth is good, but HEAVY nerf shockwave, so called it a "buff" it's a kind of joke. Initial blast to 5? Idk.
    Let's say you need at least 3-4 runes to do the combo. 1 geo, 1 gravity flux, 1 swap unit/ap generation, 1 other unit who give ap. Maybe not 4 but 3 for sure.
    This wombo combo cost around over 200 nora. For 40 dmg. And you can see this coming miles away (instead of the ember wasp killing shrine, you know it's coming, but you don't see it's coming).

Shockwave is fine as it is. Geo is undercosted? No, only overefficient because shockwave at 70 nora. Bakc him in the 80ish WITH STAT adjustment and less tankiness, raise shockwave cost if you want too.

and just for saying, before revamp he had the relocate and was nearly the same as it was now (plus 10 nora cost, 10 hp 1-4 range and more dmg) Still no one complain.

3. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Just passing through as a geologist.

The aftershocks of any shocks are always less effective, not more effective.

So why not reduce the dmg of the after shocks a little (5 is a little overkill) to either 8 or 7. Having 4 enemys would deal 42/38 dmg. Having 5 would deal 50/45 dmg. Which is still a lot. But not every champ will die.
    Secondly by playing the Geomancer you are betting a lot of nora on the shockwave.
    I liked IMAGIRL's suggestion of having shockwave start on cd as well.

4. Iskandak

Might as well be more derp anyways
    Why not switch it the other way around for the range? Range 5 on initial and range 3 on secondary? Real life Bane Shift got me thinking.

So my suggestion would be
    Range 5: initial dmg 10, secondary range 3, dmg 8/7

I dig realism...

5. JaceDragon

Not to be cocky but:

In a fantastic world, no matter which rules you make, just be coerent with these rules.

In other words:
    Pox =/= real life

Balance and talk about thing like that in a magic world is very difficult.
    Like the crossbow, heavy and strongest in short distance and deal more dmg more you are close and less if you are away. Do we need to change all this kind of thing? ^^

Iskandak likes this.
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You guys are way over thinking this. Didn't read much past the OP.

Increase cost of shockwave, remove access to resist phys 3, make his price point somewhere mid80s.

Please Makoth, don't pull another Archangel here.

7. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

First wings get clipped...then the earth crumbles... I see what's happening. Circadian Templar....your next! Air, Land and Sea domination.

8. Iskandak

I know I know. It's 1 of those abilities I thought you might nerf it and keep in touch with reality. :D
    Imnot a fan of changing costs and more of changing ability values.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  9. JaceDragon

If something need to be done i would like to hear @Axeraiser opinion's

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I very likely am. This wasnt intended to even be a thread at all it was just a post in that "reverse nerfcall thread". IMAGIRL thought it deserved its own thread after it spawned a discussion which overtook the thread so it got moved here. This isn't something I am actively "campaigning" to change. I do think that the following things are true though:
    A) He is over efficient. By how much or to what degree is difficult to tell.
    B) He is pretty much just a walking spell which is boring.

Another thing to note is that pretty much everyone who has yet responded is an IS player. Hardly an unbiased crowd for a discussion.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Well its in the IS forums. It's just something that's going to need to be addressed by Sok. These idiots around here are only interested in smashing what they don't use and ignoring what they do use.

doubtofbuddha and Sirius like this.
  12. JaceDragon

Thanks

13. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Or we know exactly what we're talking about and Markoth is suggesting an over nerf. Yeah, that's what this is exactly.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Reading really isn't your string subject, is it?

15. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

string => strong

16. Dresnar20365988

My string subject isn't reading it's cheese. I like string cheese. You?

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Phones and fat fingers, go together like peanut butter and mustard.

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Just noting that I have seen this thread.

My current thinking is that he doesn't need large changes. I like the idea of removing/reducing Res Physical 3, mostly because it makes it so that he also tanks a large part of the meta.

If I do reduce Shockwave's secondary damage, it'd likely come with an increase in the initial blast damage rather than decreasing both aspects (say, 12 and 6), but I think Bakki is right that if he just costed more it'd be fine, assuming he needs a nerf at all.

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

20. Dresnar20365988

You have bigger swamp dezinens to fry at the moment. IS has been greatly reduced in power lately. Go bring the other factions down to the same power level you have reduced IS to.

If you do anything with IS it should be to actually make wings playable instead of nerfing them like what actually happened.