UD meta BG

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by peolinen, Mar 12, 2015.

1. peolinen

peolinen New Member

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Looks solid, I would try to find room for another damage spell such as fireblast and/or mindslicer boomerang.

3. peolinen

peolinen New Member

Was thinking about that as well. I would like to include a fire blast, but I just can't figure out what to remove for it.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I would remove Vothsair Vanguard. He is 8 nora overcosted in that bg seeing as how you can't trigger Vangaurd. Your not getting your nora worth.

TheBulwark likes this.
  5. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

Warden are there just for detect, right?
    No dispell?
    For more room, you can remove a nefari guardian and the demon lich. I don't get the sense of that champ.

6. peolinen

peolinen New Member

Demon lich for the cleanse and cc plus some extra damage with the flames, outside the attack chain. He is good all around I think. However, about the vanguard, I just like his stun and his charge :p Could be a dispensable slot though.

And yes the wardens are mainly for the detect, plus their pseudorange, awesome damage and flying.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I personally run 2 ret over 2 sac, but, hey, it's up to you.

8. travis

travis Devotee of the Blood Owl

what are the tactics to playing this bg?

9. peolinen

peolinen New Member

Same as every meta bg I guess :p In particular, I either go all out if I get a nice opening, with one or both angels in the first couple of turns and pincushions or boks to contest enemy's fonts. The rest of the runes are mainly used depending on the situation. In case of a bad draw, I try to stall using range and guardians or pincushions to tank, calculating the perfect timing to one-turn opponent's champs.

10. peolinen

peolinen New Member

In the final version, I removed the Demon Lich, the Vanguard and the DE Priestess, for a Korona, a Griefbearer ( I get a lot of summons lately ) and a Bane Shift.

11. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Take one sacrifice away (you allready have an retribution too) and but demolish instead, the rest is fine for me. Of course, I would make some personal changes ;)

12. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

13. peolinen

peolinen New Member

Tbh I don't like the Caverunners as they are now, since I never have enough champs out, to make use of reinforcement. I would prefer Stokers with initiative :p There are more situations I can make use of it. Spellkaiser is a good rune but I actually have zero of them. I get the dwarves, but without caverunners they are not viable to run.

As for the stitched stuff, sry but I can't see how they will improve current setup :S

https://poxbase.com/deck/CkGClQCqtCa4c60ckMca9C5_clTC33s7as2qs4@S2Hs7dsOSAsDr3TrAEN

I tried this last night and went great ( 3-1 ), but I'm still in the lesser ranks :p I could maybe trade the Wardens for the Stokers ( mainly for the initiative ), but detection has proven very useful so far. The Griefbearer is the most arguable spot imho, along with Korona.

14. chris0024

It is very rare where I run into a situation where I do not have a deep elf out on the field at any given moment. Even if i don't, the stokers are out there collecting nora as well. The stitched are there because first, the tyrants are incredibly efficient, second, they have regen (makes it a good target for siphon), stitched first has reconstitute (siphon again ;)) and he heals other champs. What's not to like about the stitched? Everything is a viable target for siphon since it can be healed or has regen.
    Also, caverunners are still good imo. They help against the ridiculousness that is NKD.

15. peolinen

peolinen New Member

Ok, good stuff with the siphon ;) So, you would go for a more of a stalling type of strategy, right?

16. chris0024

Yes, this pretty much sums it up. It's another reason why i like the caverunners, you can keep the opponent guessing as where she is. The early game is me building up my nora gen and getting at least 5 boards on the champ for boomerangs. After you soften them up with a couple of boomie kills you should have either a good army on the board or a lot of nora saved up for a good power turn. After that It's pretty straighforward. You don't have to do much differently.

17. Raxar

Raxar I need me some PIE!

In my experience going against UD, tyrant has been a major pain in my neck to deal with so I think he is worth trying out. I've never come across a stitched first in a meta UD bg post nerf, but I play SL so what do I know.

18. ItsQtotheT

ItsQtotheT The King of Potatoes

I feel this is another case where u didn't do much research into efficiency when it comes to UD there are way more viable champs thats can do more for less than the cost of most champs in that BG, no I'm not going to hand u a BG but I jus want u to consider looking to make the best BG possible

19. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

*bump* what's meta now?

20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

been playing around with this

[​IMG]