Guide to farm gold, Euan's Last Stand + Dailies

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by GabrielQ, Feb 27, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you have to kill enemy units too

2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Yes, but even as an alternative to PtN and Powersource.

3. symbolist

symbolist New Member

Is Electrostatic not working anymore? It doesn't seem to 'do' anything when I cast it atm.

4. GabrielQ

Right, currently it isn't working.

5. symbolist

symbolist New Member

What should I use to get the Epic bonus in place of it? Nothing, I suppose?

6. GabrielQ

The time it would took you to get the epic bonus is better employed doing the rush quickier.
    There are some engines that can be used but they are expensive, things like xulos + necroweave + marsh songs to accrue nora + death harvester to pick the globes and see how many times you have to repeat it. You may want to use SP bonus to do this if possible.

7. GabrielQ

Can anyone test this new run?

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c93c8dc9jc4nS55sys6_s6UsQS7uSPs18s6gR2ue1H + SP fillers to get SP bonus.

Chapter 1
    Turn1: Scry with shrine, deploy both obelisks and use them. End turn.
    Turn 2: Use obelisks. End turn
    Turn 3: Use obelisks, Deploy unholy tomb
    Turn 4: Deploy the Solitary Garu on the top place of the shrine deployment zone (36,4) see pic, cast horrific mutation and time slip on the garu, end turn.
    Turn 5:Move the garu to cast acidic gale on the griffin rider and then move to (28,10) (it's the square just above the end of the font's rock terrain), demolish the relic from there. move the garu to (24,12) and hibernate. end turn.
    Turn 6: End turn
    Turn 7: Equip tidemaster's bandoleer, move the garu to engage the sharpshooter at the shrine, (careful with this, follow the images). cast righteous deflection on the garu. Deploy death harvester. End turn.
    Turn 8: Attack the shrine twice. end turn
    Turn 9: Cast rigtheous deflection again on the garu, end turn.
    turn 10: scry with obelisks to kill them, cast necroweave and deploy xulos 8 times at least, grabbing his globes with the bird to get more nora. kill the shrine

Chapter 2
    Turn1: Scry with shrine, deploy both obelisks and use them. End turn.
    Turn 2: Use obelisks. End turn
    Turn 3: Use obelisks, Deploy unholy tomb and death harvester. End turn
    Turn 4: Terminate the obelisks. End Turn
    Turn 5: Necroweave + xulos (8 deploys). Deploy garu to rush the shrine
    Turn 6: Horrific mutation and advance to the shrine
    Turn 7: engage the shrine
    Turn 8: Havoc's touch, tidemaster bandoleer and 2x quicken to kill the shrine.

Chapter 3: Breach at the Pass.

Turn 1: Scry with shrine, deploy both obelisks at and and use them. end turn.
    Turn 2: Use the obelisks. End turn
    Turn 3: Use the obelisks. Deploy unholy tomb and death harvester (deploy him in a way he's able to go to the enemy's shrine once he got all xulo's globes). End turn
    Turn 4: finish the obelisks. End turn
    Turn 5: end turn
    Turn 6: end turn
    Turn 7: end turn
    Turn 8: Necroweave + 8 xulos, move the harvester towards opposing shrine. Cast time slip
    Turn 9: Move and acidic gale gigantok
    Turn 10: move and acidic gale the colossus.

Chapter 4:
    Turn 1: Scry with shrine, deploy both obelisks at and and use them. end turn.
    Turn 2: Use the obelisks. End turn
    Turn 3: Use the obelisks. Deploy unholy tomb and death harvester (deploy him in a way he's able to go to euan once he got all xulo's globes) Cast shield on death harvester. End turn
    Turn 4: finish the obelisks. End turn
    Turn 5: Acidic gale the rider. End turn
    Turn 6: End turn
    Turn 7: End turn
    Turn 8: Necroweave + 8 Xulos (you'll need to grab one globe from a griffin rider to be able to do this). Cast time slip on the harvester.
    Turn 9: Move and gale Euan

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  8. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Been using that Gabriel as well as the Protect the NEst and owersource to get the epic battle on all the stages, its working like a charm taking less than 15 minutes to do entire campaign.

9. symbolist

symbolist New Member

You don't need PtN nd Powersource if you use Xulos.

Xulos dying 8 times + 2 obelisk deaths = epic bonus

GabrielQ likes this.
  10. symbolist

symbolist New Member

PS: I still don't get why, if it was intentional, they made Electrostatic ineffectual. People with tenacity will always find the most statistical way to rush these things. Now it just takes a slightly different deck.

11. GabrielQ

Complete run up with xulo's engine!

symbolist likes this.
  12. symbolist

symbolist New Member

If you simply wait 1 turn and don't cast both Harvester and the Tomb on the same turn you won't get stunned by Euan on turn 7, and you can deploy xulos a turn earlier, then shield to kill on turn 8.

13. GabrielQ

The AI hammered me 3! times in my initial test.

symbolist likes this.
  14. symbolist

symbolist New Member

It seems as though it will hammer whatever champion is in range every other turn... so if you delay summoning the harvester by one you won't be stunned on turn 7 if youre not running shield, and you can summon xulos and move into position to kill euan the next turn. This is what I got on my first run:

turn 1: place obelisks, scry base, use obelisks
    turn 2: scry obelisks, scry base, end turn
    turn 3: scry obelisks, place undead tomb, end turn
    turn 4: play death harvester, end turn
    turn 5: use first acid gale on the carrier
    Turn 6:end turn
    turn 7: deploy xulos 8 times, end turn
    Turn 8: if not stunned move death harvester, acid gale euan, or delay 1 turn if stunned.

Note: I didn't have shield that run, so if I did I would have shielded Harvester on turn 4 and gotten the guaranteed kill on turn 8.

15. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Reason why electrostatification isnt working is that it reads the 4 dmg first and then adds the x4 per champ on the board after. If you play against non FF IS you can actually see the effect. Only the FF bonus counters it. It shouldnt but it does.
    Also the description is now faulty.
    The damage calculation is the same but it now uses a AoE 3 range dealing the full damage in the middle and growing weaker to the sides. Much like Draconic Pulsar. Also it adds shocked 2 condition to every champion that was hit.
    In short this means that the spell is useless for farming this campaign now. But you all figured that out already.

The Xulos bomb I always had as a side idea in my bg anyway. Even made a FS/FW bg that only plays to this combo to make people ragequit if they couldnt counter. Which never happens.

btw I use Pool of Dreams for Shield for all my champs that shouldnt be Hhammer Striked.

16. GabrielQ

thanks for the info.

17. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

18. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Xulos bomb is saving up nora, casting Necroweave and deploying Xulos over and over again.

and in Euans Last Stand, especially in the last chapter the AI may cast Hammer Strike on your units. To prevent this I use Pool of Dreams to give them Shielded. I myself do not run Hammer Strike.

19. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

I'm the one who posted the videos a long time ago regarding this strategy, I haven't tried farming yet since update so I will go through it again and see how it holds up. In my experience before it wasn't worht it to try to get all the bonus things, it was best just to rush through each in a minute -ish.

20. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

so how much this worth in this days when they change gold again?