Ironfist Stronghold Player Council Nominations

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Senshu, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaraxxus

Jaraxxus The King of Potatoes

Axeraiser

Axeraiser likes this.
  2. Jaraxxus

Jaraxxus The King of Potatoes

Only, are u candidate for any faction? i really think you have so many constructive threads/posts in poxnora and you should win in a faction. GL

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Marko, gratz on the little one. Created life is truly the greatest miracle we get to witness here on earth. I've got 4 myself and another one the way as well.

My career has really taken a turn (a good one) and I find myself in a position I never thought I'd reach no matter how hard I tried. I'm dumping everything I have into it. I'm moving my family, working long hours and such. I flew over 13000 miles in February and the demand for what I do is increasing faster than I can satisfy it so now I'm doing all that and building a team to help me while trying to keep that same closure rate.

As some of you know I was on the shadow council for a good long time. It's not really something that takes up a tremendous amount of time. Mostly just forum activity a few times a week and maybe a bit more when the runes that are coming out are shown to you. What I tried to do as a representative of IS (although not officially, we just had people, not faction reps) was try to inject the flavor of the faction and theme into a rune while attempting to fill a hole in whatever theme or role it was going into.

Council members, for the most part, do not design (although I have done some of that), we just interject on behalf of the faction.

They are also very helpful in reigning in balance issues pre-release. I know that it may not seem that way, but asking <10 people to balance runes without playing them is not an easy task. The things people complained about, or were imbalanced post release were often toned way down from where they were originally. You should have seen pre-release Magnate, for example, whose original build included Dampen.

I think that the person representing the faction should be knowledgeable about the game, but also about the history of the faction (NEVER FORGET), because all those things matter to the players. But I think game and balance knowledge is equally important. The developers often come up with stuff that is over the top, under par or simply disconnected, and the faction rep can be there to help reign the idea back into normalcy.

I've done it for a while, and I think that new blood is a great thing, so I think that someone else should do it.

With all that in mind my vote is Markoth.

Marko, speaking from someone whose done it and someone who also has little time such as yourself, I think you could do it just fine even considering your upcoming life changes.

Lastly, to the people who voted for me; Thanks!

Muddled, Qucas and Markoth like this.
  4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Baskitkase for president of the Stronghold

5. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Markoth

6. ZexuZai

ZexuZai Well-Known Member

Markoth

7. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

The Stronghold doesn't have a president but a King. Our King is Feofil now, Baskit could be a governor maybe.

4 child? GG baskit

8. PrinceLeaf

PrinceLeaf The King of Potatoes

I vote Axeraiser

Axeraiser likes this.
  9. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Axeraiser

Axeraiser likes this.
  10. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

Axeraiser

Axeraiser likes this.
  11. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Axeraiser

Axeraiser likes this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Axeraiser

Axeraiser likes this.
  13. Amberite

Amberite The King of Potatoes

Baskitkase

14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Markoth and baskit have lives...

Me and axe raiser left... I say we duel for the title.

vote for me unless you want IS to be badly prenerf our harshly nerfed afterwards

I'll do my best to keep our shoebox empty and our meta strong

Poxbama 2014

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'd rather have someone devoted to doing their best to steer the devs towards flavorful and balanced releases than someone looking to infuse power. The powerfaction is the most volatile on nerf/buff fixes and has the most fanbois playing the faction. No thanks, leave that for FS, FW or UD.

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  16. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

I don't think IS has ever been the power faction , its hard to remember a time when IS has been the out and out best faction, ever. The only periods springing to mind was constructs pre-remote control nerf and perhaps Crossbow D Kings way back. I think its safe to say everyone wants flavour and thematic balance rather than the powercreep that has spread.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, the phalanx days were as close as it got. We typically have spurts of champ-based or spell-based meta attractiveness, but most every faction does. I was just stating that I would rather our representative continue that as best as possible.

18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Axeraiser

Axeraiser likes this.
  19. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Agreed.

20. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Axeraiser or Markoth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.