Ironfist Stronghold Player Council Nominations

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Senshu, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtmanOz

ArtmanOz The King of Potatoes

Axeraiser

Axeraiser likes this.
  2. Hoobers

Hoobers New Member

Gotta vote Markoth, forum name Markoth.

3. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Markoth

4. KVBraker23

KVBraker23 The King of Potatoes

Axeraiser, all day long :)

Axeraiser likes this.
  5. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Axeraiser gets my vote as he would represent IS well. He's a long-time player that really has the knowledge to do the job right.

Axeraiser likes this.
  6. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Markoth with Baskit as the runner-up.

7. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Even though Baskitkase kinda raged on the last thread I posted up. I'll toss my vote in for him knowing that he has superb knowledge of Ironfist Stronghold and has always been active. He seems pretty right for the job.

8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Markoth
    Cause dorfs are dumb and stuff and I guess he'd do ok... grumble grumble.

9. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Is will never be a top faction simply cause of the way most of they games play out. Most bgs that disrupt or punish the already dead phalanx style that current IS has begun to moved out of. Most people want that to go back to how it was, physical 6 speed melee tank backed by fragile ranged unit. Meanwhile booger tide master enables like 10 combos while being fast, strong and cheap as a ranged unit. Our design patterns are different yes, but there is no need to discriminate by what faction is allowed to have more efficient champions than others. We boost our champions with spells but in a spilt deck that uses our best spells with even better units from other factions you quickly see what Things ff IS is lacking versus other factions.

10. Torgue

Torgue Member

Jazzman1221

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I dunno Ijabby, IS has several strong points and attractive meta qualities:
    • The champ-based and sub45-single-spell-assisted kills. We can, on average, accomplish this before our opponents. We have a higher chance at causing a 2 or 3 champ kill.
    • Devestating powerturn capability. Thanks to the design of the minister this is even stronger in FF, but other aspects are meta-level soften, sunder, strip, maca, MoIF, mor, tales, tacman, train:strike.
    • Spell protection. I get that people think our faction bonus is bad but it's simply not. Spell damage is a major part of the game and we get a substantial benefit in that department.
    • Higher avg HP and Def as a combined stat ratio. My BGs are sometimes 2.7-2.8 avg def, that's crazy good when you consider avg base HP near 50. We have a strong chance at requiring 4-5 hits to be killed. That is so much more powerful than 3-4.
    • Font Bonus, duh
    I'm certain that we are a strong faction in the meta. I'm also certain that given the time to out in the games I could hold top 10 without fail and reside mostly in top 5. If I was willing to counterdeck build my opponents I could even grab top slot. All this and I'm far from a great player.

IS is in the best position it's ever been in.

12. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Glad I am not the only one who thinks IS is incredibly strong atm.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Far from it. Reasonable people will mostly agree with that statement. To what degree compared to other factions is a point of valid discussion. IMO, everything is strong.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

ftfy ;)

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I agree

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  16. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

I would say every faction has top level BG's atm, everyone has some equally OP stuff keeping them competitive heh. Would IS be up there with out Tales and Manuals currently ? Probably not. It's very rare our champs that tend to be over the curve ( sans Excavator in recent times ) and usually our spells and faction interactions that push us north of the balance border.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  17. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Axeraiser since i know him the best

18. Hypercube

Hypercube New Member

Baskitkase knows the most

19. Destorum

Destorum I need me some PIE!

Markoth

20. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Pox Nora Player Council nominations are now closed. Now comes the cataloging and vetting process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.