New account trade locked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xchef, Mar 24, 2014.

1. xchef

xchef New Member

Hi, how long will it be locked?

2. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

new accounts are trade locked for 2 weeks. This was implemented to help protect new players from trade scams (since that'll prolly be ur next question)

3. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

It was changed to 3 days! ;)

Sincerely,

Josh753

TheNidhogg likes this.
  4. only

only Active Member

I simply fail to understand the logic between this security aspect. it's not like there is a guide you would read during that period (currently 3 days) and eventually be familiar with values.

frustration and nothing else. a player jumps into game, buys a box or so and he is doomed? what's up...

increasing security is a nice addition of NUX, but tradelock is absurdly stupid.

Greysands22 likes this.
  5. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Agreed this is just going to come across as frustrating to a new player.

Maybe a warning that pops up for 3 days when new ppl try to bid or trade?

6. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Well… there is a security risk in terms of preventing fraud, spamming new accounts, buying runes, transferring runes, then canceling the cards, can lead to to one difficulties. Then there is also the trading that is involved where players will make trades that are so bad for them that at the end of spending time/money, they are left with nothing useful as well. Also, in my own personal opinion, three days should not be the most significant of pauses required as a player gets started into learning the game, I would imagine most new players would probably spend time in the SPC's / TG trying to learn the game before they really get involved into trading.

I believe the trade lock is three days currently as mentioned earlier, however.

7. xchef

xchef New Member

I bought $5 and got morin's corner and saladman trapper, are those worth anything?

8. xchef

xchef New Member

Also, where can I go to see the 3 starter bg's that are given to you? I can't read and play at the same time

9. KTCAOP

All public decks are viewable here and I am almost done with updating them. Feel free to browse the entire list at your leisure.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Are there deck lists for ones we can purchase?

*edit* I just opened your link and saw the theme decks are there too. At least Balefire was, I haven't scrolled through all of them yet.

11. KTCAOP

The public decks are decks that are all pre-upgraded to level 3, completely locked an unalterable (you cannot view, nor change the runes in the rune manager) can be used in the training grounds, ranked, and unranked play, and are unlocked through the faction walkthrough or bought with 1k gold.

The Theme decks are the decks that are found in the marketplace, are pre-upgraded to level 3, and act as your own runes (you can use these runes in other BG's, though if you trade a rune from the theme deck away, it breaks the theme deck), and can be used in ranked and unranked play.

12. xchef

xchef New Member

Nice guide. Daaaang. 20 bucks for each one

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There are a lot of exotics in those decks.

14. xchef

xchef New Member

Is this game worth that much money?

15. KTCAOP

I would say to start off with, try getting down the public decks, they are relatively strong decks and each can help you really improve in the general skill and mechanics of the game.

If you feel that this game is a game that is worth the investment, then you can make that decision down the line =).

16. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

For you? Yet? Maybe or not.

I've spent maybe $300-400 total since 2007.

It depends what you want out of the game.

Start small, build your collection over time.

17. xchef

xchef New Member

im in exotic league, how many ranks are there in each league? 5000?

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I've spent about $70 - 80 and I think I have enough of a collection to get what I want. I have three factions that I can play multiple themes in, and that is enough for me.