Chosen of Osarius

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by RasielCZ, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am still deciding on this one, but it hasn't been forgotten.

Poxlife and Leadrz like this.
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I agree that at the moment the mark of ossarius ability is too much of an after thought, but I'm not sure it needs to be fully predictable.

Imagining that the mark ability was to become stronger and more expensive in some way, as was the original intention, it's true (to some degree) that to be a true meta competitive rune a stronger mark of ossarius ability would need to be predictable in its use (not a random deployment).

But perhaps, it doesn't need to be an out and out meta rune. It could be a fun rune that is a bit unpredictable and still make tier 2 decks and that would be a better thing for the game as a whole.

3. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

But perhaps, it doesn't need to be an out and out meta rune. It could be a fun rune that is a bit unpredictable and still make tier 2 decks and that would be a better thing for the game as a whole.

Well, there's not so much fun in having an ability than most of the games is completely useless...
    I agree he doesn't need to be over the top, but i would like to have something funny and useul.

Mark of Osraius- 3 ap activate, Target an adjacent relic that relic is destroyed and a Head of Osraius is spawned in its place.

I like this. If it's too much, the ability may disappear after the first use, and problem solved.

4. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

I've been using him lately with fire aura and scale amour in my fire bg 6-0 and after fire gem his my brawler when I need a lot of dmg asap and take a few hits also

5. Squama

the point here is not that he is shoebox, i'm using him and he is ok in some matches, but that his signature ability, that increase its nora cost, is Bane Shift
    if it's too complicate to change it in something useful, just remove it...

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I really like the art and the rune idea itself, however i feel like even with void shield he dies much to quickly. If you somehow manage to get him to stay on the board long enough for any resistances to hit 50% he just gets drowned or blinked or some other sort of spot removal. Mark of osarius is a silly ability and imo could just be removed it's unnecessary.

I rather see him lose the mark ability and hunter: meek which is 20 nora in abilities and get some more tankiness. Reason being he already has great damage output of 16 + aura if he got maybe tough or some block or dodge he would be a very good rune.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Poxlife likes this.
  7. super71

How about flame armor rank 3? Fits with his theme adds more fire damage and makes him a bit more tnaky at the cost of ap what do you guys think?

8. badgerale

I don't think either sok or myself are entirely happy with how he turned out, especially regarding his signature ability being an aside.

BUT, having played him a lot, he is good, he is very tanky, and he is meta capable imo.

super71, SPiEkY and Poxlife like this.
  9. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

How are you playing him???

10. badgerale

Void shield, aura for the cheap build.

I run a tinderbox and blood fountain to heal him up once he has gained some resistances.

Poxlife likes this.
  11. Squama

He's not bad, but he's boring, not having an useful signature ability...

I would do the following. 1) remove hunter: meek and 2) change mark of osarius in "when this champions is in play, mark of osarius relics cost 10 nora less. when this champion is within 6 spaces from a friendly mark of osarius relic, he gains X"

Then i would put something funny as X, something that adds variety to an otherwise boring tank, like "void strike" or "void touch"...

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

maybe change mark to spawn within 2 spaces of the attacked champion? and replace hunter meek with relocate relic or relic guardian or give him another unique ability that allows him to replicate a head

13. badgerale

For me the problem is he is pulling in so many directions with his abilities. He gets by because all those abilities are good/cost efficient (ready, void shield, hunter meek) but it would be better if he was more focused.

I'm of the same opinion as @Squama in that I don't mind the randomness to the head of ossarus ability, it could be fun - but it needs higher potential to make it so.

I would make it so that the ability could trigger for every 40 damage you do but summon the usual summoned head (non stealth, non replicating).

So:

upgrade 1: fire immunity | trail fire wall | fire eater
    Upgrade 2: Void shield | scale armour | oblivion shield

Attack fire
    Chosen of ossarus (revised)
    Relic guardian
    Fire aura 3

Would work out slightly cheaper (I think -5 nora or something).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Poxlife likes this.
  14. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

More knockback sources in UD please! (fire wall)

15. super71

Why would you want to give him more damage ? Relic guardian seems pointless on a champ that already has 16 damage and an aura. I wanna see him get tough or something to allow him to survive a little more early game.

16. badgerale

Relic Guardian is a replacement for hunter meek, it doesn't seem to me to much effect his total damage output but puts more emphasis on his signature ability.

17. Squama

I just add the simplest of the ideas: just replace hunter: meek with relocate: relic! Done.

This way the signature ability can stay the same, but at the same time he can then move the head in an useful place!
    Simplest change, no coding needed.

super71 and drathys like this.
  18. super71

Maybe it's just me but i don't even like his signature ability.
    I kinda like this idea but at the same time his signature ability should be more fire related i think.

I'd like to see him remove his ability now and hunter: meek and get maybe one of these upgrades

tough 3
    dodge 2
    block 2
    lava front
    flame armor

Then his signature ability be fire related.

Lava explosion
    Opposing champions up to four spaces take 10 fire damage and all spaces become lava, champions that took damage from this ability are charred 3 or inhibited depending on what you guys think. Nora cost 15

Lava lake
    When this champion makes a basic attack all spaces within 3 spaces are lava impeding 1 and this champion heals 3 hp for each champion in lava. Nora cost 20

Lava belief
    All friendly champions occupying lava heal 8 hp. Nora cost 15

Land of fire
    When this unit attacks all spaces within 4 spaces become lave impeding 1. Nora cost 10

19. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

Really like that flame armor idea

super71 likes this.
  20. super71

Thank good sir did the other abilities i made up seem silly or a little op?