Full faction fs; what to put in my deck?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by kiblack, Apr 14, 2015.

1. kiblack

kiblack Member

HI

i'm a relatively new returning player and am not accustomed to the many new runes that have appeared since i used to play

could you guys shoot me some suggestions as to whats good as far as the new runes are concerned and what to put in my FS BG to make it competitively viable?

Thanks

2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Well, it depends, are you talking about making a meta deck, or some themed one?

3. kiblack

kiblack Member

just something playable

4. Ifem21

Well, right now, FS have some playable themes in so many levels of ranked. We have: Boghoppers, Firks, Aquatic/Semi, Mirefolf (wich is basically semi-aquatic), Snappy, Poison, Tortun (in Split) and of course, meta.
    Just need to know, what kind of bg are you looking for, they all are very playable, but have different ways of play. What fits more the way you play? Playing defensively while build up; attrition kind of bg; brutal meele with some ranged support; etc.

5. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

6. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

are mirefolk/semi still playable? they were my fav FS and I would like to come back to them but dont want to waste all my hard won poxbox points if its a non-starter, anyone got any mirefolk BGs I can have a look at?

Ifem21 likes this.
  7. Ifem21

8. drathys

ok so theres a few things there that surprise me. ctharia as awesome as she looks seems incredibly expensive for what she does and constriction on a ranged champ? mirevixen, i appreciate she's dirt cheap but is aquatic and low dmg not too much of a drawback? and lastly i presume that second point is negated by using flood gen but has this proved effective for you? i found when i used to use it that it worked better in theory than in practice, taking too long to set up...I realise i should answer these questions myself by playing but im lazy and would rather skim ideas of you lovely people...

9. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Ctharia is awesome. The impenetrable she grants lets you counter like Minefields and crap like that. And the LEG version you can easily get within a month.

drathys and Ifem21 like this.
  10. Ifem21

Ctharia is good, impervious for one turn can really change the game (trust me, had happens) and encouraged is amazing for an powerturn (since your piranhids have MA, and Waarrior give them even more AP) also, why constriction over pawn? it's make her a little more expensive for so much survivability increased. With dive 1, she is 89 nora, wich is fine, for an alt dmg ranged one (12 DMG), with 7 spd (pseudo) that boost your allies for an powerturn when enter, and when remains there (regal presence).

Mirevixen is the main support rune, he can heal, poke from distance, and the main: invigorate. Two of them with Heal 3 and invigorate 2 will make her one of the besst supports in the entire game for only 59 nora. Having two is for better usage and/or safte, in case of them get countered easily by spellspam.

Yes, for me flood generator is doing good. Since I like to sit back for a couple turns, and then go for all I've got in some powerturns, it's perfect for my playstyle. But, if you want something more "ruhsed" you can take them away and put something that interest you.

drathys likes this.
  11. drathys

cheers thanks for the detailed response, looks like I got something to spend my hard won poxbox points on, will let you all know how it goes

Ifem21 likes this.
  12. Ifem21

No problem... needing anything, just say. Also, I have a lot of FS runes, so, if you are looking for something, just talk to me ;)

drathys likes this.
  13. drathys

i should be ok but appreciated

Ifem21 likes this.
  14. RichardLazer

RichardLazer New Member

Ifem21 likes this.
  15. Ifem21

Usually we ran at the more cheap option has possible, only in a few ones we don't do this. Like= Boghopper Shaman: Heal Mass 3, Divine Favor 1; Huntmaster: Detection, Leap 1; I like the Spitters with: Leap 3, and poison 1; Shreeder: Ping 3, Swap 1; Geekal: Logistic, Ressurection; Sixull: Terraform 1 and Siphon; Tidemaster: Surge and Leap 1;

Also, take Poison Trap away, you allready have the Elementals for that, Marsh Song and one Huntmaster too (he is used for detection). Put one Glowning Slider, an Angel and a Noraweave. If can't afford the angel right now, use something else you like. Also, if you want some heavy meele, try Boghopper Toad, Snaptoth Crawlmanger, or some Tortun Groundpounder, they are good at tanking the front lines, for a cheaper price then Marsh Gargantua.

16. RichardLazer

RichardLazer New Member

Sell me on sixual what makes him so good? i haven't found him that good in the few games i played him

17. kiblack

kiblack Member

thankyou very much everyone for the replies and deck discussion!

im going to try out the boghopper deck thats been reccomended here and will let you know how i get on. I happen to have an fs angel so will be running that also.

18. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Ctharia is also great for a 2 turn power turn.
    I usually save her with a Templar or Song Master or Slip Tide just cause...she gives all mirefolk encourage! I tested it out one game, with a good friend of mine(not testing but it was a casual game) and I deployed a Songmaster and Ctharia, and with 3 champs(2 having mutli) I did around 55-60 dmg to his guys. The champs were xPirahnid which by far is still the most underrated rune in game. It has surge 2 for firk sakes. I run him cheap and low so he cost around 74 nora.

Mirefolk is probably my best friend when it comes down to theme decks in rank, though they still faulter with getting camped out or even out-ranged.
    Pros-High dmg, Fast champs, Good sustainability with life siphon and global heal/cleanse, Good AP gen, super power turns, lots of multi
    Cons-Easy to out camp on large maps, lacks solid glass cannons, restrictions with water
    Personally mirefolk are good right now where they are at imo. Some could use a facelift but right now I like them.

Ifem21 likes this.
  19. kiblack

kiblack Member

im using the semi aquatic deck with pirahnids and i agree with you , pirahnid very useful.

20. Ifem21

7spd alt dmg champion, that have good survivability, and can generate nora. Of course he is best used in a split with UD, but still works well in FF FS. If he dies too fast, use one bubble shield in him, ands it's ok.