Voil

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, Mar 16, 2015.

1. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Voils is my favorite theme in Pox since almost every voil are viable.
    I have heard a lot of back and forth regarding Glarewing, Bomber (Not Sky Bomber) and Infernal.
    Voils have been my main deck for years and I still can't tell which are definitely the optimal ones.

Vorian likes this.
  2. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

On paper, Glarewing seems lacking. I haven`t played him yet though. I ran bombers 2x pre-vamp. Not sure if he is good now, with nerfs to bombs.
    Infernal looks great still, might not be as good as he was, but he still seems solid to me.
    Looking through the runes, I would say that every Voil IS viable (Cavernspawn not Voil , godammit.) - there are runes competing for the same role, but that just leads to more variety.

soulmilk likes this.
  3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Sorceress are the best cause of Surge:Voil, but I like to use Firebombers and Screechers too for alt dmg. In stormflyer: Acolyte + DMG shield, this way he heal himself so often, that in a 1x1 he is almost unbeatable. Guard: Relic Guardian (for keep him cheap) + Bulwark.

4. Hekau718

I like Jolt on Stormflier, as i don't think there is enough electricity damage in the bg. Pairs well with burn on Firebomber.
    the caverns are really good flr cheap meat, just plop one in the back and sucess. Hard to find a spot for it though.

5. Ifem21

I use Acolyte + Shield, cause every time he got hit, he will heal himself too, making it very hard to kill him (the static aura helps a lot too) and with two stormflyers out, both heal when one is atacked. The cavern is best used when you are going to kill some champ, then before you do it, you place de cavern close and then BOOM! a lot of bat comming out. King Crypt is basically the same, you put when 1 or 2 champ is low on health, then the swarm kills it for swarm proc. Show me your bg, I can help yo to find a spot for them.

6. Hekau718

7. Hekau718

Is the Voil AoE any good? (AoE 3, Friendly Voil get attack fire and burn:1) - forgot the name of the spell.
    For 30 Nora, It doesn`t do much, so it would be hard to find a spot for it,, but alt damage on demand, and a small dot is pretty good.

8. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Its god damn useless, Voil have enough alt damage as it is!

9. Hekau718

What would it take to make it useful? It could be a cheap powerturn spell? - If it gave something like 2 Damage , 2 ap, Attack: Fire?

10. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

It used to be useful back when trees was a huge thing and in BGs focusing on Swarm and Cavern.

11. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Two problems with the current spell: Burn 1 doesn't stack (i.e. having 5 units apply Burn 1 to a single unit is just as good as 1 unit) and Voil have access to a lot of alt damage (magic in sorcerer, fire in firebomber, electricity in stormflier; sonic on 2 units with some sandbag abilities), so the alt: fire damage isn't really all that necessary.

Here's a couple ideas: (1) Aoe X: Champions gain Fire Bomb 3 (with AOE 1 instead of 2) for 1 turn (Instead of providing alternative type, it switches from direct to indirect damage); (2) Aoe X: For 1 turn, Champions gain +1 Damage for each friendly champion within Y spaces (localized power turn; maybe too similar to Peaks Tactics); (3) Aoe X: For 1 turn, each friendly champion gains Fire Aura 3; (4) Aoe X or Global: For 1 turn, each friendly champion gains encouraged.

I've stayed away from AP generation because I think Voils already have that w/ Sceian and Alacrity.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  12. Vorian

How about all Voil gain defender 2 for 8 turns?

13. Hekau718

I like the Fire bomb suggestion.. I am not experienced enough to make my vote count, but it's a totally unique spell. ( maybe Fire bomb 1 , but AoE 2?)
    Defend the Roost (correct?) Is another spell that is for Voil and not used.. maybe change that to fonts, rather than shrine? - like,, for X Voil, summon a bat in deployment zone, shared equally between all deployment zones, shrine included. - Something on the lines of that?

14. Vorian

Giving all your voils fire bomb would be way op!

15. Ifem21

I use defender The roost in my SP/FW bg, that are a swarm module for make The black storm for ruubgaal proc more and more, and The spell is amazing for that.

16. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Even with AOE 1 instead of AOE 2?