ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SaintKiwi, May 2, 2015.

1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I heard terrible things about it, but I bought it when they said they weren't going to charge every month. It is fun and heavily role based. I have never played an mmo before and it doesn't feel like a complete time waster. A cool thing about it is that you can reallocate your stats/skills/morphs and every class can fit a certain role. The dungeons are the best part so far. PVP is alright. It is more based on disabling/stunning a player and then killing him within those few seconds. Does anyone else play?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

not online

Firk other people

IMAGIRL and 19madfox95 like this.
  3. SaintKiwi

:(
    Also I took your advice dual wielding in skyrim but I found it impossible to kill dragons. So I went with a bow. teehee.

4. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Dual wield is about 33% more damage more if you exploit the Dagger attack speed spreading to the secondary weapon allowing you to use a mace with a 1.3 attack speed which allows faster stacking of enchantments all becomes moot if you have the dragonborn DLC and use the Chaos Damage enchantment on Stalhrim items benefitting from the stronger ice enchantment passive effect across all 3 possible elements while amplifying the secondary effect it's quite easy to get over 100 damage Absorb Health without exploiting the Alchemy/Enchanting loop to make enchantments that are in theory infinitely powerful enchantments (atleast until the enchantment becomes strong enough to revert back to 0) That said Daedric weapons should be strong enough to render everything moot in the game just take HP every level and you quickly outpace the enemies' damage. If you want to be immortal though take a one handed weapon with a shield take the Shield of Solitude's Magic Resist plus the standard Magic Resist stack both on the shield for an easy 50+ Magic Resist without exploits leaving armor to make up the extra 30% to hit the cap and still have armor pieces to increase Frost and Fire resist if dragons are troubling you that much and you can still exploit the Stalhrim's potential with Chaos Damage using Absorb Health to guarantee your immortality.

Started playing the Xbox 360 version of Elder Scrolls Online.

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I played all that stuff for the stories rather than the mechanics.

Apart from the levitation boots in Morrowind which made everything hysterical.

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

played elder scrolls online for a small while. never again

7. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Sounds like rage-quitting to me.

8. themacca

indeed. however my rage was induced by having bought a bad game

9. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Has an awfully large fan-base for being such a 'bad' game, you just come off as bitter at this point having no rhyme or reason for your disgust at all.

10. themacca

nobody asked me for my reasoning i simply expressed my disgust with the game. if you want reasoning how about enemies taking obscene amounts of time for their corpses to disappear. characters constantly getting stuck in the landscape. lame MMO combat. even lamer loot system. its really just a bad MMO game with Elder scrolls slapped on the title so people would buy it

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Don't play it like an MMO, then.

12. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

You knew what you were getting when you bought it and to state an opinion of disgust like it's fact with no reasoning behind it is just reflects poorly on you. If you didn't want an MMO then you shouldn't have bought the game. Hmm I don't like Broccoli so lets buy some and then say it's bad Broccoli because I don't like it, kind of non-logic there and it's the same diff buying a game in a genre you are uninterested in it and then berating it for being what it is.

13. themacca

i said bad MMO if it was a half decent MMO i'd be happy to play it since i actually enjoy that genre. but my god ESO is unpolished as all hell and was beyond painful to play when i first got it. regardless of whether or not patches fixed the issues i pointed out (plus others i couldnt be bothered to point out) im not bothering with that garbage

14. SaintKiwi

What level did you get to? Did you even hit the dungeons. Those are sweet and the loot is always good.

Leadrz likes this.
  15. SaintKiwi

I would have to wait for the dragon to land and then mash melee. I would rather kill it before it can melt me away in its breath.

Leadrz likes this.
  16. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Dragonrend Shout forces a dragon down