Welcome to PoxNora! - Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by KTCAOP, Feb 27, 2014.

1. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Welcome to the game Jair, the game is a little hard a the beggining but you will get use to it, jut have to be a little patient and try all factions.

2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Has the match been arranged and you crash when it's loading? (the big red orb is filling up)
    Have you tried playing a game VS the AI to see if there's a problem there too? (either campaign, dailies or skirmish)

3. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Hey everyone! I have been playing for a long time (since Dec 2007) but have gone through long periods of inactivity. I have had the experience of playing the game under each of its developers during its lifetime. I have always love this game and am trying to bring new players to it (so far I have gotten three friends to try it and they love it). I don't get to play as many matches as i like because i get a little intimidated of the lobbies being filled with such high ranking players. I get i need to just jump in and learn to lose a bit :p

Lushiris and soulmilk like this.
  4. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

Hi. I've been playing on and off since drums of war but this is my official hello. I play a mean full faction SL and don't consider any other faction viable. Bring it haters ill be waiting in the battle grounds.

fattyy2k likes this.
  5. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Greetings, I'm brand new to this game. I got through the tutorial and one walkthrough. It said I won a public deck, but when I go to the rune manager to create a battle group I don't see it. I only see the few runes I got as rewards so far. I have a couple spells and one equipment.

I usually play the empire building 4x type games.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  6. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

when you play you will have a BG unlocked when select which one you want to use

7. StormChasee

That's what I figured. Well I finished the protector walkthroughs. None have been particularly difficult. I've been getting 1 or 2 things as rewards and 25 gold. I hope the campaigns yield more.

I've noticed shards and tokens in the marketplace. What do those entail? There should be a guide that covers all this in addition to the game. I feel like I'm groping around.

8. fattyy2k

Ok so gold you earn by playing games and getting the achievements (the daily challenges for example). Gold can be spent on packs runes (not the most recent release), the premade BGs, campaigns, and avatars (which come with your faction banner). Shards are gained by sacrificing runes in the tune forge on the website (the more valuable a rune, the more shards it gives). Those shards can be then spent to create other runes in the forge (again more valuable ones costing you more shards). Tokens are earned randomly after games and at least 1 per pack (random rarity). The tokens are used to add xp to your champs, thereby helping them lvl up. The better the token, the more xp

9. fattyy2k

And yeah the campaigns do generally give more, particularly the daily two game campaigns

10. StormChasee

I haven't seen any of the daily two game campaigns. All I see are the walkthrough and beginner.

I've also seen credits which seem to have to be purchased.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  11. fattyy2k

When you first log into the client, at the launch pad you have two scenarios to play through that change every day

12. StormChasee

I still don't see it. I uploaded what I get when I get to the launch pad.

BTW I have been to the marketplace several times and the next tier never activates. According to the tool tip it looks like that's where it would be.

The part of the window that lists the tasks appears to be information only. he only buttons that get me anywhere are the 3 on the top (launch pad, single player and battlegrounds) and few words on the left side (redeem code, gold total, gold bonus).

Am I missing something?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  13. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

You're still in the tutorial.

You either need too play a beginner campaign or a match in the training grounds (ask in chat for a match, the queue can last a really long time with the low playerbase) to unlock the rest of the game.

Or go in options and disactivate the tutorial (but you wont get the rewards, although you can still reactivate it afterwards).

By the way, you can see there are two routes after the second node. the upper one is the "pve route" and the lower one is the "pvp route". You can do both and get both routes rewards.

14. StormChasee

I appreciate the info. My plan is to finish the walkthroughs before going to the beginner campaign.

15. StormChasee

I've completed the beginner campaign against the Protectorate at normal difficulty with the KF public deck and I still don't see the 2 daily quests you mentioned. I have unlocked the story campaigns. How much more difficult are hard and legendary difficulty versus normal? I presume I can go back and reply the Protectorate beginner campaign with a different deck or difficulty level. Do the rewards gets repeated or how are those impacted?

My plan is to continue using the KF public deck against the Wrath beginner campaign.

16. fattyy2k

If you don't wanna go through everything just go to options and select to skip tutorials.

17. StormChasee

That worked! I had skipped tutorials after I selected tutorials from the single player option. That didn't work.

fattyy2k likes this.
  18. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@fattyy2k
    Unrelated and uncalled for, but I have to say it man... It's not Defarios, it's Derifos.

19. fattyy2k

o_O I am ashamed... Changing it now!

20. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Hello people. I'm bad at this game.
    My first experience with Pox was way back when Drums of War got released.
    The game was neat and all, but I usually got bored and only came back to play a few games when the next expansion rolled in.
    This year I decided to get into ranked play and currently I'm having fun getting stomped and occasionally pulling a win.

I'm always lurking the forums and finally decided to say hi. And now I'll have less reasons to not ask for @BurnPyro's help.

Also, SUNDERED LANDS MASTER RACE.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    fattyy2k and ormen like this.