Discussion: Patch Notes: May 21st, 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 21, 2015.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I am hyped, Phase spoder got buff with the corporeal stuff and snaptooth got shatter!!!

2. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Im confused.

The champs that have Leap 3 base now. Did they not have access to Leap 3 before?

Is Leap 3 cheaper now? Did my champs that had Leap 1 before this patch get cheaper or stay the same?

I see alot of Leap 3 in the notes and each time i thought to myself..." Doesnt that thing already have leap 3?"

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Looks good.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

At first glance Battle Rager is gonna be the shiz.

5. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Thanks for trying to buff AoI but 80+ nora for a fairly passive support champ seems a bit to high, really didn't need that extra point of speed and the nora that came with it.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

A new source of Mutate in SL, now we just need the champs with Mutations to be more usable.

7. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Kodiak feels your pain

8. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Half skeezick used to have skeezick warcry right? So did we just give dwarves another form of warcry? Or has the ability it self be hit enough for that to not matter any more.

9. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

And the nerf cryers win again.

sassquatch likes this.
  10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Yes, dwarves now have another source of warcry.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Herp derp my faction isn't broken

because SL got soooo much Bane Shift done this patch

12. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

I don't know if a Garu theme is more runnable than a Voil theme, but for sure there will be dorf all over the place (nothing changed basically) considering also the half skeez buff for only IS dorf .

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Brilliant changes to Nora Miner and Deep Miner, perfect change for gen -- keep payoff rate the same, decrease cost, decrease power after the turn.

Surprisingly pissed about the change to Death Guard though -- what's this move away from Scorn? Like, he got a straight buff, by losing a negative ability, gaining two points of damage, and a point of HP. That's ostensibly +10 nora on a 30 nora champion. But I love the hell out of Scorn and ToH, and want more ways and reasons to run both, and that suddenly disappears?

There are a lot more changes to talk about, but the big thing is just how huge this patch has been. I was still coming to terms with what the field might look like after Coalitions (IS was strong, but that was about the max of it), and then this hits, which is an enormous set of changes. Feels like a real system shock. Patching is great and all, but I'd throw in my vote for a more measured and pointed pace.

Raxar likes this.
  14. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I am very happy about the treefolk changes. Weighty fits Patriarch well and I'm pleased to have access to a decent Boost champ again. In the future, I hope Willowind can lose Nature's Balance, as Fire Vulnerability is almost non-extinct within the theme (and good riddance).

15. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

RIP DK
    no more cool warcry :(

don't take this serious , Its still great

16. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Um it didn't?

17. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

What is this ability on providence "barricade"

18. Rokkushun

Not sure I like that Garu Kodiak is now a garu-only rune due to warcry being the only choice on upgrade line 2.

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

As far as ST goes this patch was a big pile of crap.

Edit: this was expected though, because when you have player driving the content, they usually dont give a firk what is good or not, as long as the stuff they play/their friends play is better. See FW.

I want to stop with the negativity, I really do, but whenever I see a failure like this patch I tend to rage.

20. Rokkushun

ST hasn't got many changes since nobody has been constructivly advocating for them.
    Be the change you wish to see, suggest reasonable changes to reasonable runes and back them up with logic.
    If you aren't great with ideas I volunteer to help via PM but you've just gotta stop whining and doing nothing about it.

21. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Shrug, some changes were warranted some were not. As always those who scream the loudest are listened too.

sassquatch and Pedeguerra like this.