New UD player seeking BG advice

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Mark101vdg, May 23, 2015.

1. Mark101vdg

Mark101vdg New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm a new Poxnora player, looking for some BG advice. I've been reading a lot, playing a lot, and watching some games, and this is the BG I came up with.

https://poxbase.com/deck/cqtclC4_c3Bc4@c60ca8C27C5_c33C31c3+sys2ls2Hs7dsOSAsDR3TrAr20eNe2K

I'd love some input as to what to change. My budget is fairly limited (I've got about 700 shards saved up), but I don't mind saving up for particular runes if they make a big difference.

Kind regards,
    Mark

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

looks pretty solid to me, except for succubus who can be replaced for ranged unit like blood/shock bow. What upgrades are you running on your champs btw?

3. Mark101vdg

Mark101vdg New Member

Any upgrade paths in particular you want to know?

warden vengeful/detection 3
    assassin vulnerable/dmg
    Fanatics surge/essence
    Priestess poison1/multi3
    summoner imp1/invig2
    grimlic bomb3/nova1
    caverunner bomb3/tunnel2
    dragons immunity/flame3
    guardians phys3/bodyguard
    cushion shield3/aura3
    succubus frenzy3/magic3

4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

nah you're good, looks fine to me

5. Mark101vdg

Mark101vdg New Member

Really? I'm getting my butt whooped for the most part. I'll try blood bow instead of succubus for a bit, though I do like her as a font contester.

6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

let me take another look and nitpick I guess

only thing i'd change is abilities where the champ costs too much, I keep things about 60-75ish

assassin is ok but can be changed out for another caverunner

do you have the new sheoul monstrosity? I'd replace dragons for them

7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

well then, i'd replace some unit upgrades to reach around 60-75ish

maybe switch assassin for another caverunner

and get some monstrositys and replace with dragon

8. Mark101vdg

Mark101vdg New Member

Unfortunately I don't have access to monstrosities. I'll try that bloodbow and another caverunner instead of succubus though, thanks for those tips. Should you (or anyone else) have any other suggestions as to where I should put the next 800 shards of so I'm all ears :)

9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I don't know the style you play, but you might fancy

Drop one Sac.
    Drop one Pit Dragon, or both
    Drop one Fanatic, or both
    Drop one Nef Dragon, or both
    Drop one Osarius, or both
    Drop Warden

Look to add

Vothsair Ireguards for Pit Dragons
    Range in some way... Bloodbow, Goblin Archer, Shockbow
    An extra Pincushion
    Deep Elf Scout for Warden.
    A Deep Elf Mercenary at 53 Nora for double deploys turn 2

10. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I would just say add more range and anti range like deep elf monk, ireguards etc. I know you're new but shockbows and boodblow are commons. Maybe stick to that before trying to hard to get the ireguards.

11. abrasax

abrasax The King of Potatoes

Take mostrosities ob poxbox they are non expansive.
    8k each on pox box try to give in some uncomon or rare you don,t need and take theme.

12. Mark101vdg

Mark101vdg New Member

You guys seem to agree I need more range. I'll try to get the shockbows, but I noticed they're not on poxbox atm.

I appreciate it! I just got the monstrosities on poxbox. I'll give them a try instead of the dragons, though I think I'll miss the versatility of those dragons (not to mention their speed and range).

So far I've been mostly relying on the dragons to rush to fonts and overall contesting and semi-range (along with the caverunner and succubus). I've been using Pit Dragons with DEP and Summoner to back them up as beaters, as well as fanatics with nefari guardians. Assassin and Grimlic have been my trump cards, warden for scout and range and pincushion + demon shield against range.

Would the ireguards be better beaters than the pit dragons? You guys also seem to agree these ireguards are the bees knees.

13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

if you want speed, go with something not 2x2. He will always get shot down very easy and flamestrike isn't a reliable range source imo

14. Fentum

Ireguards protected by guardians and dark pact can cause havoc. Add summoner for invig.

I run Ireguards with multi 3 and rend 1 for 90 Nora.

The Ireguard attack chain is 2/2/5. On a 7 speed champ. That is truly nasty.

15. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

saromon50 and Fentum like this.
  16. Mark101vdg

Mark101vdg New Member

Just played two games, so these are only my first thoughts. Those monstrosities are not as fast as the dragons but man, they take a beating. I've repl
    What should I be running with monstrosity? Right now I'm using call of the hunter, but the +5 dmg options seems pretty tasty too.

Just got 2 shockbows so I'm eager to give them a spin. What upgrade paths are recommended here? The Ireguards are kicking loads of ass though, just won 2 games.

This is the new BG/

https://poxbase.com/deck/cqtC4_cxc4@ca8C5_CzBc33ClFCtGs2qsys4@s2ls2Hs8fs7dSOsAsDr3TrAr20eN

17. Fentum

Looking nice.

Personally, I would drop a Retri and a Fanatic and the Warden.

I question the Demon Shield. Take another Pin Cushion.

I love my Demon Liches for alt damage, pacify effect and the occasional cleanse.

I'd take a Merc at 53 Nora. Drop a spell to get that, or the Head.

If you see me on the boards, give me a shout for a match

18. Mark101vdg

Mark101vdg New Member

I added you to friends on pox, so I'll catch you there some time Fentum. In the mean time, thanks for the advice guys. I feel like the shockbows, monstrosities and ireguards made a huge difference. Took out the pit dragons, nefari dragons, an assassin and an equipment for them.

I'll try demon liches and the merc at 53 next.

19. Fentum

Thanks. The Merc at 53 needs a few other champs at 72 or less for the double deploy turn two. Usually Pincushion at 70 or Guardian at 68. Or some other thing.

20. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

welcome to pox! the above suggestions seem good. it depends on your playstyle too. Also once you have a deck that you are reasonably comfortable with try to not change it for a while and get used to it. pox is an unforgiving mistress. I am still average at best and have been playing a long time. I personally have a tendency to blame my deck rather than my skill. Once you have a forum approved deck that you like use it for a bit. see you in game!