Discussion: New Reward Event and Reward Fulfilled for Coalitions Launch Event!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 26, 2015.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Of course this gets announced the day after I buy a megabox and no longer need coalitions runes...

3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I am a f2p player, and as such I have learned patience.

EDIT: Eh, nvm, read the post and there's no way I can dedicate that much time to playing.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

PA represent. Nice job Alegre08.

Sounds like a swell event.

Pattn199 and JellyBerry like this.
  5. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

yeah, both events are more about spamming games as opposed to actual skill or anything of the sort which pretty much makes them less about competition and more about who doesn't have a life.

Joker and Sirius like this.
  6. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Am I wrong or it was 250 shard for every 10 games? ( I counted 100 and more games played in ranked with 10 min and more and still I got around 1500 shard)

either way Thx

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I see it as more about encouraging community participation within the system as opposed to rewarding an already-established group. It's not like some little upstart kid from the boonies and his coach are suddenly going to rally behind a rogue theme and rocket past TinyDragon. Maybe there are better ways to do it, though.

DarkJello and TheBulwark like this.
  8. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

@Senshu I find it ridiculous you expect me to compete with these no lifers...

blazinsoul likes this.
  9. bagoftrick

Whats encouraging about it?

First question to ask yourself, do you have a life outside of this game? if yes, don't participate. so basically everyone.
    it encourages a small section of the playerbase to play and everyone else to shrug and not bother.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

same baby

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

1v1 me

12. Senshu

We are trying a different types of events to engage players. This one is far more competitive in nature, but also gives those who enjoy Single Player a chance to participate.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Make 2 reward, for pvp players and pve players

14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Too scrub for me

15. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

16. Senshu

That would be a parallel competition, where this is meant to be a direct competition among all players. Also, having it be split will put the people who play both PvP and PvE at a disadvantage.

17. bagoftrick

so basically anyone who plays ranked shouldn't play. pve has a distinct advantage in this area due to the amount of time it takes to win vs an ai, compared to the amount of time spent on average against an actual real opponent.
    So the questions you have to ask yourself are different.

Do you have enough free time to spam games?
    Yes.
    Do you want to play single player?
    Yes
    Proceed to play.

Do you have enough time to spam games?
    No.
    Proceed not to bother.

Do you have enough time to spam games?
    Yes
    Do you want to play single player?
    No
    Proceed not to bother.

(not going to say compete, playing against an ai for points is hardly competition.)
    If anything the fact that this includes single player just reaffirms the point that this is about spam and not about competition.

18. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Make a pve contest, competition. But compare pve and pvp....

19. Senshu

The same argument can be made about the PvP aspect because it counts matches both win or lose where the PvE only counts wins. This is very much a time commitment no matter how you go about getting in your matches.

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Cant say I agree. Its pretty much impossible to lose to an AI. Wont be difficult to spam games with an egg timer and just wait 10 minutes to gib the AIs shrine. PvP players will average 3-4 games an hour if they are lucky. PvE will get 5-6. PvE players also dont have to worry about the opponent surrendering before 10 minutes.