Seems like half the coalition runes are breaking the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Let me clarify. It is a 24 damage relocate effect that can also pull an enemy champ 2 spaces. It basically gives a rank of zephyr shield to the nid too. Oh, and it only costs 3 ap to do this..... and he can move 3 spaces with it. The best part is when the enemy champ is close enough where you can use the nid's special attack to knock the enemy champ down three more spaces of firewall, after already knocking him back into 2 spaces of it, which is basically an instakill. It gets even worse when two flame nids are out at the same time. Literally nothing is safe.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    claydude5 likes this.
  2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Oh my god, please delete this post. i need to pick a couple up before they go oos...

already oos gg. somebody gift me 2 flamefist fml

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i have 2 flamefists.

But they're mine forever

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

2x clayform+2x flamefist=win

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I have poor communication skills. lol.

@Ballballer @Sokolov seems like I made an error in judgement. Looks like it was just a learn2play issue and the rune is actually not op but is indeed very much balanced and perhaps even up. I am gonna need to play test 2 of them and make sure they are sufficiently strong enough for competitive. I apologize for the inconvenience. Anyone got a couple spares? I am willing to make 2 spots to the detriment of my bg for the good of the community and game. My rank may suffer but it is for the greater good.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  6. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

You're trying too hard

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

dude forget the new Runes AA to win

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

mw kf>scrampy kf

l
    e
    l

9. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

JellyBerry, darklord48 and BurnPyro like this.
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

That's a pretty abstract statement. No idea what you're talking about.
    Trying to hard at what? being better than you at kf? nope that's easy.
    Not sure what else you could be referring to.

and i thought my communication skills were bad, wth is this.

11. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

feel like you qualified his statement

scrampy likes this.
  12. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

agree with Sok that i want powerful runes in the game. However where the frustration comes in is where there is nothing that can be done about to stop the ability. as BallB states it cost so little ap for such large dmg from so far away that flaming hyaenid seems to have very few counters. I am far from a good player of pox but other than hitting it from range (and I play UD) before it can gather 3 ap I can't see how to kill it/stop it. several times I have had faceoff with SP where things are even then comes the dashing flame of firk up my blast doors and its over. I am more than willing to accept I need to adapt strat (PM me please).
    People definately decry 'OP' too much but what has always defined it for me was when there was nothing that I could do, which I feel flamefist falls into.

13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

And even if you keep your distance: Alacrity/Harpoon, lol, didn't keep your distance

So yeah. The first thing that should be changed is dashing manuever working as pull. It should knock sideways, not back, and perhaps only 1 square.

14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Or we just nerf pull, because honestly it's not really common to see the champions with it being actually used, and give them a discount while keeping harpoon at the same price, for all I care.

15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

only thing wrong with the phoenixes is that their EHP in both forms combined is quite high 85 with banners i think. which is incredible for units that can produce that much damage output at the same time.

flame charge + flame dash should be on watch as well.

aside from that i don't really see anything wrong with any of these units. they are just top of the curve good at what they do.

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I agree with your statement as a general premise for most cases, cal, but come on. This:

Shouldn't be happening.

17. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

can't say I've seen ball ballers anecdotal situation ever occur.

I've faced the nid quite a few times now and it's never instant killed anything for me. strong sure but it's died every time without too much effort.

for something to be broken to me it needs to have more then simply the potential to do strong things, it needs to regularly do them, no game I've played or watched so far was decided by the flame fist, it may be the case in some games but I just haven't seen it do anything above and beyond what other runes do in the meta atm.

to me saying the nid is an instant kill champ is like saying gale does 54 damage gales every game ( 51+50% ampo for the extra 3 )

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    limone1981 likes this.
  18. Lushiris

Making it start on CD would totally solve that... Maybe making Harpoon have a different version of pull, similar to Totem?

19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

If anything gets within 5 spaces of a full ap nid, it is dead. It is going to take 60 flamewall damage and 10 damage from the nids attack.

claydude5 and Pedeguerra like this.
  20. Lushiris

The relic version of Harpoon does deal 8 damage and pulls 3 spaces(it's kinda tricky to use though), so having the equip deal damage does make sense. But I do worry a little bit about more damage on the UD champions, but mostly because we should always worry about more damage in UD.

21. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hehehehehe.
    Teach those newbs how to play with dem nids, ballball.